Osmo Mobile 3 won't charge
3013 4 2022-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DawTaylor
lvl.2

Brazil

Hi, I have this Osmo Mobile 3 for some time, I don't use it quite often so I always try to let it sit around 50% of battery power.

Last weekend I tried to use it and it was completely discharged (no indicator lights on quick power button press), so I let it charge for about 8 hours using my Mavic Mini's power adapter (3w). After 8 hours of charging, it was still cycling the white dots. I disconnected it and it was the same as before plugin it in, no indicator lights, not turning on either.

If I try to turn it on while connected to a power source, it seems to work as expected, however it shows the red light on the left of the battery indicator lights. AFAIK this red light indicates an over discharged battery, I couldn't find any way to recover from this. It turns off as soon as I unplug it.

If my battery dead? If so, it user serviceable? I don't want to get a new gimbal, that's not something I use a lot, I just want to have this one working for my hobbist use (once a month).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WYQQj9guY1Pu6H3fCySSIc0pvAkkIs1g/view?usp=sharing
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DawTaylor. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a recommended charger ( 10W Charger ) to charge your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the issue. Just a reminder that the charging time of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is 2.5 hrs. using a 10W charger. Thank you.
2022-3-2
Use props
DawTaylor
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-2 19:10
Hello there DawTaylor. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a recommended charger ( 10W Charger ) to charge your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 for us to be able to isolate the issue. Just a reminder that the charging time of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is 2.5 hrs. using a 10W charger. Thank you.

I tried with several chargers. Unfortunately I don't have any precisely 10w charger available. I have a few iPhone/Apple chargers which are rated at 5w, a fast charger which is rated at 20w and the Mavic Mini charger which is rated at 15w (I mistakenly said 3w before). I always used the Mavi Mini charger before.

Why should the excessive wattage be an issue? Sorry, but you just seem to have a default anwser for that same question, I saw it on many other topics here...
2022-3-3
Use props
Vladmir Fonseca
New

Brazil

DawTaylor Posted at 3-3 08:48
I tried with several chargers. Unfortunately I don't have any precisely 10w charger available. I have a few iPhone/Apple chargers which are rated at 5w, a fast charger which is rated at 20w and the Mavic Mini charger which is rated at 15w (I mistakenly said 3w before). I always used the Mavi Mini charger before.

Why should the excessive wattage be an issue? Sorry, but you just seem to have a default anwser for that same question, I saw it on many other topics here...

same problem here, no charger solves.

My dji mobile 3 died just 2 weeks after purchase.
as we were in the pandemic, the store closed, as there was no hemolog in Brazil, I was without technical support.

Today 1 year and a half after the purchase, it still doesn't charge and I don't have a place to fix it.
2022-4-14
Use props
DawTaylor
lvl.2

Brazil

Vladmir Fonseca Posted at 4-14 07:40
same problem here, no charger solves.

My dji mobile 3 died just 2 weeks after purchase.

Reach out to them using the support chat on the DJI main website, this forum is absolutelly useless.

I'm also in Brazil, and for some unknown reason, there's no way to get in touch directly with DJI support Brazil. I had to reach out using the chat like 4-6 times over one month before hearding from the DJI support Brazil.

The "solution" was to send the product to they support center, theyt provided me with a free shipping label for that. After some product assesment, the diagnosys was a faulty "button board", since my product was already out of warranty, they charged me R$300 for the replacement.
2022-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules