What is this ?
1605 12 2022-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

After a pause there was finally time to fly again, before I really got started I discovered a blue needle on the road (see screenshot) and a straight line over to the house on the other side of the road ?, what does the needle mean and how can there be a line when I've never been there. manual was of no help.

Pinpoint

Pinpoint

2022-3-2
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like a dropped pin on the map.
2022-3-2
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

yogi053 Posted at 3-2 10:05
Looks like a dropped pin on the map.

Yes, but for what and what cause it.
2022-3-2
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Regarding the blue pin I think you simply touched the screen in map view, though I could be wrong.
2022-3-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

The never been there blue line mayby bc at powering up the LatLon position was there.....so it draws a line from there to the actual drone position.

Can be verified by checking data in the flightlog.

If you like, upload using this link : https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
(post the uploaded link on here)
cheers
JJB
2022-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 3-2 12:23
Hi,

The never been there blue line mayby bc at powering up the LatLon position was there.....so it draws a line from there to the actual drone position.

Any location information stored in the drone is lost when the drone is powered off.
Every time the drone is powered up, it has no position data until GPS gets it.
The recorded flight data from every flight shows this.

The blue line might be from an early inaccurate GPS position before a more accurate one was obtained.
2022-3-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 3-2 14:04

Any location information stored in the drone is lost when the drone is powered off.

Thanks for your message, this is exactly what i tried to say.....but guess badly explained.
That is why i asked for the log, in there you can see the positions wich are received after powering on.

cheers
JJB

2022-3-2
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

JJB* Posted at 3-2 23:35
Thanks for your message, this is exactly what i tried to say.....but guess badly explained.
That is why i asked for the log, in there you can see the positions wich are received after powering on.

Thanks JJB log https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Q5W7PNHCY9M9AK4Q7DDC and https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/A6DP7ZLB5H6F6P51REUT As you see longest distance is 4,2 ft. ?

2022-3-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi BWJ,

LatLon data in the the log don`t show inccorrect positions.
But data in the flightlog is recorded/saved once the rotors are on.

I don`t know what the DJI app shows as starting point.

But the time in the log starts at 8m34.5s, so where did you fly before ?

cheers
JJB
2022-3-3
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

JJB* Posted at 3-3 06:11
Hi BWJ,

LatLon data in the the log don`t show inccorrect positions.

I fired it up inside house for some updating, and then took it outside.
My issue is the pin on the road and blue line to house on the other side of the road ? (screendump)
2022-3-3
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

BWJ Posted at 3-3 07:21
I fired it up inside house for some updating, and then took it outside.
My issue is the pin on the road and blue line to house on the other side of the road ? (screendump)

While in the house, the drone attempted to get a GPS fix and the best it could do indoors was your neighbor's house. When you moved outside, it got a better fix and moved to your yard. The blue line connects in first "good" fix and it's now current location.

The pin is where you accidentally touched the screen while you were walking from your house out to your yard.
2022-3-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How and why use it, you look up and zoom in on a location on the map that you want to fly to, you then place the pin at the spot, then when you zoom back out again that pin is where you need to go, then just fly to the pin, it saves a lot of faffing and searching once you get there, its prob suited to the correct building or flight spot that's unfamiliar to ya
2022-3-3
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Thanks for all answers, all seems to be ok.
2022-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules