Second-hand purchase
657 27 2022-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Hello dear pilot I would have an opinion on the purchase of a used Mavic 2 pro and if for you it is worth it thank you Here is the offer I found / Mavic 2 pro 40 hours of flights (Engine changed at 30 hours) 4 battery with bat 1/ 45 cycles 2/19 cycles bat 3/4 new no charge charger with 4 bat station / car charger 6 propellers, 2 power bank adapter 2 dji leather bag, 1 rigid transport case The price 900 euros

Thank you for your opinions
IMG_20220317_170920 2.jpg
IMG_20220317_170912 1 1.jpg
2022-3-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you test it before you buy?
If so and all seems well that seems a good price, for you.
But I would compare the price with completed auction sales on ebay, the prices seem to have dropped a bit from when I bought mine.

Why was the motor replaces and WHO replaced it?
Have a good look around the drone for damage caused by the replacement process if not any crash damage.
2022-3-17
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-17 09:03
Can you test it before you buy?
If so and all seems well that seems a good price, for you.
But I would compare the price with completed auction sales on ebay, the prices seem to have dropped a bit from when I bought mine.

Thank you for your opinion, yes I flew it myself, is it working well, the obstacle detectors all work, the motors were changed because one of them had seized up and the owner decided to have it changed the 4 out of caution, they were changed by a specialized store here in France (studio sport)
2022-3-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ph3onix Posted at 3-17 09:16
Thank you for your opinion, yes I flew it myself, is it working well, the obstacle detectors all work, the motors were changed because one of them had seized up and the owner decided to have it changed the 4 out of caution, they were changed by a specialized store here in France (studio sport)

Did the owner get the original motors back as spares by any chance?
Does that shop have a good reputation?

2022-3-17
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-17 09:19
Did the owner get the original motors back as spares by any chance?
Does that shop have a good reputation?

I don't know at all I have to ask him .
2022-3-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have visually inspected it and flown it and are happy that's a great sign.  If the original owner had all 4 motors replaced at the same time then the motors should not be a worry.  

I bought a slightly used M2P just a few months back for the equivalent of 875 Euros and felt it was a great deal.  Unfortunately, I started having an issue with one of the motors so I ordered new ones.  Shortly after getting the motors in but before I replaced them a thief broke in and stole 3 of my drones.  All were in hard cases and each case had a lock on it.  So I never got to replace the motors or spend much time flying the M2P.  But don't let my story keep you from getting that M2P.

Best of luck and happy flying.
2022-3-17
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-17 11:54
If you have visually inspected it and flown it and are happy that's a great sign.  If the original owner had all 4 motors replaced at the same time then the motors should not be a worry.  

I bought a slightly used M2P just a few months back for the equivalent of 875 Euros and felt it was a great deal.  Unfortunately, I started having an issue with one of the motors so I ordered new ones.  Shortly after getting the motors in but before I replaced them a thief broke in and stole 3 of my drones.  All were in hard cases and each case had a lock on it.  So I never got to replace the motors or spend much time flying the M2P.  But don't let my story keep you from getting that M2P.

Thank you for your answer, I'm really sorry for your misadventure with your drones, where can you be reimbursed by your insurance?
2022-3-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Une bonne affaire, me semble-t-il.
2022-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check to see what spares are available in your area,   batteries and props are disappearing from a lot of stores now.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-3-18
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-18 01:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Thank you have a good day too.
2022-3-18
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DAFlys Posted at 3-18 00:25
Check to see what spares are available in your area,   batteries and props are disappearing from a lot of stores now.

Thank you DAFlys for the advice, yes I saw that the batteries are more difficult to find but have still found some a little expensive, but as I have 2 brand new and the 2 others do not have too much cycle that gives me time to find a good price, for the other parts for the moment here are still found
2022-3-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ph3onix Posted at 3-17 12:03
Thank you for your answer, I'm really sorry for your misadventure with your drones, where can you be reimbursed by your insurance?

My insurance will cover it but since the break-in occurred on my live aboard boat while it was in the yards being worked on the insurance policy of the boat yard will be held responsible for paying.  Turns out same company that insures my boat and personal property is the same one that insures the boat yard so the claim will all be done in-house so to speak.  

I'm trying to replace my fleet that was stolen and have already added a Skydio 2+ and an Air 2S.  Plan on adding Mavic 3 when DJI fixes GPS latency issue.
2022-3-18
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-18 12:02
My insurance will cover it but since the break-in occurred on my live aboard boat while it was in the yards being worked on the insurance policy of the boat yard will be held responsible for paying.  Turns out same company that insures my boat and personal property is the same one that insures the boat yard so the claim will all be done in-house so to speak.  

I'm trying to replace my fleet that was stolen and have already added a Skydio 2+ and an Air 2S.  Plan on adding Mavic 3 when DJI fixes GPS latency issue.

Well it's already a good thing that you can be reimbursed, I hope it will be dealt with quickly for you
A!!! a Skydio 2 is indeed a drone that I would like to have but here it is complicated to be able to buy one, even in import
2022-3-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

For 900euros it's a bargain. Especially if it comes from Studiosport. They are serious people.
2022-3-18
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-18 13:28
For 900euros it's a bargain. Especially if it comes from Studiosport. They are serious people.

yes I bought my 2 mini from them they generally do a good job with the repairs, that's why I thought I shouldn't have any problems for the moment with the engines.

Finally I managed to lower the price to 850 euros, tomorrow it will be mine .
2022-3-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Great ! if I can recommend that you try to balance the use of your 4 batteries over time. I always arrange for them to age at the same rate.
2022-3-18
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-18 14:07
Great ! if I can recommend that you try to balance the use of your 4 batteries over time. I always arrange for them to age at the same rate.

thanks for the advice
2022-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ph3onix Posted at 3-18 02:03
Thank you DAFlys for the advice, yes I saw that the batteries are more difficult to find but have still found some a little expensive, but as I have 2 brand new and the 2 others do not have too much cycle that gives me time to find a good price, for the other parts for the moment here are still found

Sometimes the new ones that have not been activated are dead after about 18 months.  Its best to charge them occasionally so they dont sit empty for extended periods of time.   At the moment the enterprise batteries are still available which can be used but they cost more,  and props can come from master screw if desperate.   But the new enterprise drone comes out Monday so they may not be around that long now.
2022-3-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ph3onix Posted at 3-18 12:15
Well it's already a good thing that you can be reimbursed, I hope it will be dealt with quickly for you
A!!! a Skydio 2 is indeed a drone that I would like to have but here it is complicated to be able to buy one, even in import

The Skydio 2+ is great to use while filming my grandson racing his go-kart or his motorcycle.  The tracking is phenomenal.  Shame it is only available in US and Canada at this time.
2022-3-19
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 01:35
Sometimes the new ones that have not been activated are dead after about 18 months.  Its best to charge them occasionally so they dont sit empty for extended periods of time.   At the moment the enterprise batteries are still available which can be used but they cost more,  and props can come from master screw if desperate.   But the new enterprise drone comes out Monday so they may not be around that long now.

So it is better to charge the battery at least once and recharge it from time to time, such as when you do not use the drone for a while, than not to charge it until you have it. needs it (if I understand correctly? )
2022-3-20
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-19 04:54
The Skydio 2+ is great to use while filming my grandson racing his go-kart or his motorcycle.  The tracking is phenomenal.  Shame it is only available in US and Canada at this time.

I can imagine ! I hope there will be a way that it can be sold here but for the moment no company that sells drones offers it here (at least I have not found any yet)
2022-3-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought my used M2p several months ago on eBay for about the same price but without the fly more package (just one battery and no spare stuff. It has worked perfectly so far. I did later buy more batteries since I knew they would become hard to get. Also a used spare controller.
2022-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ph3onix Posted at 3-20 09:58
So it is better to charge the battery at least once and recharge it from time to time, such as when you do not use the drone for a while, than not to charge it until you have it. needs it (if I understand correctly? )

Yes,   even a new battery in hibernation mode will fail eventually if you just leave it,   They dont like being stored flat.
2022-3-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ph3onix Posted at 3-20 10:02
I can imagine ! I hope there will be a way that it can be sold here but for the moment no company that sells drones offers it here (at least I have not found any yet)

I read that Skydio has plans to expand overseas but no date has been set.
2022-3-21
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-21 03:22
I read that Skydio has plans to expand overseas but no date has been set.

I can't wait, I'm going to send them an email so that I can be the first
2022-3-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ph3onix Posted at 3-21 03:25
I can't wait, I'm going to send them an email so that I can be the first

Go for it.  I truly hope you are first.  
2022-3-22