DJI Mini 3 shell leak hints at design revamp for beginner drone
10845 24 2022-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

The rumored Mini 3, which is tipped to be the best ever beginners’ drone from DJI, could look radically different from its predecessor. This is according to a new video that’s been leaked on Chinese social media.

We recently wrote about the specs and features the upcoming Mini 3 may feature. And now, a video leaked on Chinese video-sharing website Bilibili is hinting at a major design revamp for the new drone.

The video, shared by long-time DJI tipsters @DealsDrone and @OsitaLV, shows what is alleged to be the shell of the highly-anticipated Mini 3 drone. This framework bears resemblance to a photo that was leaked earlier as the “DJI Mini 3 Pro”, hinting that this drone may have multiple versions designed to suit varied user requirements. Take a look:
The rumored DJI Mini 3 Pro…

…and its alleged shell

https://twitter.com/OsitaLV/status/1503714229978746881

In any case, it is no longer a secret that the Mini 3 is all set for take-off. Consistent with previous rumors that hinted at an April launch date, DJI Tech Support in China has gone ahead to confirm to fans that Mini 3 is indeed releasing “soon.”

https://twitter.com/DealsDrone/status/1502875798059220994

2022-3-19
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Normally when the leaks start happening the launch is coming
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_6VgPaXdaSVjp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15249 ft
United States

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-19 14:09
Normally when the leaks start happening the launch is coming

I thought it was already announced for next week….
2022-3-19
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_6VgPaXdaSVjp Posted at 3-19 14:38
I thought it was already announced for next week….

Nope the announcement for 21 March is for the enterprise version of drones.
2022-3-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-19 14:39
Nope the announcement for 21 March is for the enterprise version of drones.

When you say the enterprise version of drone, you mean this right?
2022-3-19
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-19 15:05
When you say the enterprise version of drone, you mean this right?[view_image]

I fell over laughing LOL - Star Wars Enterprise, Captain Kirk on board
2022-3-19
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

It's not a leak, it's status quo advertising for dji.  How do you get free advertising?  "Leak" information to vocal people.
No more dji for me, much better out there.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there George GR. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us.  As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products, and specifications. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-3-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if that side hole will be side sensors?  I reckon the sensors will depend on the 3 tiers, if there are 3 that is,  prob basic will be front sensors, next will be front and back perhaps? and the pro will be like the P4P with sides included? hey, just a guess mind

One thing is for sure, its not very aerodynamic what with that big scoop at the front collecting air for cooling, wonder if it will go faster in reverse lol
2022-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im loving this new design,   but scared about the price....
2022-3-20
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-19 19:20
Hello there George GR. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us.  As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products, and specifications. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.

Hello DJI Stephen,

2022-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 3-19 15:05
When you say the enterprise version of drone, you mean this right?[view_image]

Brilliant but with the number of problems that will probably need correcting I would think Capt Archer's Enterprise is more likely that Kirk's version lol.
2022-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-20 00:29
I wonder if that side hole will be side sensors?  I reckon the sensors will depend on the 3 tiers, if there are 3 that is,  prob basic will be front sensors, next will be front and back perhaps? and the pro will be like the P4P with sides included? hey, just a guess mind  

One thing is for sure, its not very aerodynamic what with that big scoop at the front collecting air for cooling, wonder if it will go faster in reverse lol
ooooops my mistake
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_adRnvAVtor2p
New

United States

If this pic is real, then the mini 3 will only have a 1 axis gimbal as the camera will be attached to the sides of the body. I hope they are not counting on EIS for stablization as it will come at a cost of softer imagery. I won't buy if if this is the case. Give me a mini 2 body with a better camera and more flight time (30min+) and I'll be a happy camper as will others. Many of us don't need OA.
2022-3-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-20 04:33
Brilliant but with the number of problems that will probably need correcting I would think Capt Archer's Enterprise is more likely that Kirk's version lol.

Aye.  You may be right!  : )
2022-3-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_adRnvAVtor2p Posted at 3-20 05:18
If this pic is real, then the mini 3 will only have a 1 axis gimbal as the camera will be attached to the sides of the body. I hope they are not counting on EIS for stablization as it will come at a cost of softer imagery. I won't buy if if this is the case. Give me a mini 2 body with a better camera and more flight time (30min+) and I'll be a happy camper as will others. Many of us don't need OA.

What makes you think they would go backwards?
2022-3-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too thought it might be an FPV drone, why? because of the shoulders that are on either side of the camera. If they are just protection for the gimbal, why? They add weight in a drone where weight is probably  the greatest concern. Also, if they are for protection of the yaw, roll and pitch gimbal I would be somewhat concerned that the gimbal is even more fragile than those of the existing minis.

Two things that 'gives me hope' that it is no an FPV drone.
Firstly, I do not see screw holes in the shoulders that might be for mounting any pitch pivot etc. but I do think I see slots, what those slots might be for I haven't a clue.
Secondly, the rear wall of the front hollow appears to be somewhat  'spherical' i.e. curved in two directions , as if what is it fits around has pitch, yaw and roll.
Of course that is all speculation based on very limited information from poor quality images and video .....................time may tell........lol

2022-3-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

We'll have to wait and see!
2022-3-21
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I thought DJI was announcing some new products today...  But I haven't seen anything yet.

As for the Mini 3, I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Remote ID...  Is everyone just assuming the Mini 3 will include RID capability so to be legal with the new FAA laws?

Edit -  
So I see DJI released the M30 enterprise level drone today...  Quite impressive.  And yet, even with this product I did not see any mention of RID...  I assume that if you spend over $10,000 for a product that it will somehow meet all legal requirements, but I still find it odd that this topic is skipped entirely...

2022-3-21
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

There is also no mention of whether it will be EU Class 0 certified...
2022-3-21
Use props
djiuser_NDzIP5Y3AAbN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412723 ft
Malaysia

Hi, is there any real news about dji mini 3 or it is still a rumor, pls confirm !!
2022-3-23
Use props
VaporRyder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 494925 ft
United Kingdom

I couldn't wait and got the respected Mini 2. I do hope there is a Mini FPV though!
2022-3-24
Use props
#1hobby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

TomKatt Posted at 3-21 05:41
I thought DJI was announcing some new products today...  But I haven't seen anything yet.

As for the Mini 3, I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Remote ID...  Is everyone just assuming the Mini 3 will include RID capability so to be legal with the new FAA laws?

Will not need RID
2022-4-3
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Let's hope it doesn't have issues with its GPS.
2022-4-3
Use props
IFLY DJI
lvl.2

United States

Here’s a huge leak!  Looks AWESOME!!! Hopefully 4 axis gimbal with the looks of things.  Looking forward to it!
2022-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules