DJI GO 4 issue
28851 36 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

Greetings, after my Xiaomi Mi 11 lite 5G updated to android12/miui13 ,i had to download DJI GO 4 app from DJI's site so it would open. But now when im getting the message ''Allow access to external storage and location services so the dji app  can save photos, videos and flight records files to editor and display  your location on the map.'' i cannot proceed. I am getting 2 options: cancel and go to settings (when pressing go to settings nothing happens).
I have given all permissions from phone's menu to DJI app.
Anyone can help? Thank you in advance.

2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there noipego. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.
2022-3-22
Use props
Kynes
New

Belgium

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with my Galaxy S20... I checked the list and it seems very short to me... =/

It used to work like a charm with both my Galaxy J7 and my S20 and now none of these 2 happens to be on the list of supported devices. Thats rough.

Is there any solution at all?
Like going back to a previous version of android on one of my phones or downloading a previous version of DJI GO 4?

Given the list of supported devices, the number of impacted pilots must be huge.
Is a new update expected soon?

Thanks for your support,

Kynes

2022-3-23
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-22 19:33
Hello there noipego. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

Thanks for reply. Before updating to android12/miui13 the app worked fine although. I guess we'll have to wait for DJI to update the app. i hope it wont take long
2022-3-23
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

The problem seem to be non compatibility with android 12. Fix this DJI
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

noipego Posted at 3-23 01:51
Thanks for reply. Before updating to android12/miui13 the app worked fine although. I guess we'll have to wait for DJI to update the app. i hope it wont take long

Hi there noipego. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.
2022-3-25
Use props
fansa0352420
lvl.1
Flight distance : 356270 ft
Australia

Hello I've got "EXACTLY" the same issue on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.
DJI GO 4 app was working flawlessly on Miui 12 and all of a sudden after updating to Miui 13 when connecting Mavic 2 Pro with DJI GO 4 the app just keeps crashing as soon as I open it.
Unable to fly my drone as a result

DJI PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE. UPDATE THE GO 4 APP.

THANK YOU!!!
Jake

Ps Not sure how my username came up as fansa####
2022-3-26
Use props
TrailerFilms
New

Brazil

Estou com o mesmo problema DJI Spark e POCO f3 depois que atualizou o android nada funciona, estou muito chateado e tomando prejuízo sem poder usar meu aparelho.
2022-3-29
Use props
Tal R
New

Israel

Is any news on DJI PRO 4 / MAVIC Pro supporting Galaxy S10+?
Tal
2022-4-1
Use props
djiuser_XZW15ePiXOkK
New

Brazil

Try turning your gps on, works for me only this way
2022-4-4
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

djiuser_XZW15ePiXOkK Posted at 4-4 06:11

Thank you that actually worked! If I turn off gps then I'm stuck to the permissions window again. I never had to turn on the gps in order to fly my drone, but I guess this is android 12 bugs and security issues that must be resolved...although it's taking far too long.
2022-4-4
Use props
R4P70R
lvl.1

Switzerland

Try turning your gps on, works for me only this way

This solved the problem on my Pixel 4a with the latest Android 12 version
Thanks
2022-4-17
Use props
Rj-Florida
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16804 ft
United States

Having the same issue on LG v60. This is really becoming tiresome. Recently bought this new phone and downloaded DJI app from google play store, but figured out later it didn't work through google play store, you need to download app directly off DJI website (dji go4). Did that, was able to fly once and now after today's update and 15m of waiting I'm getting error that I need to give permission to external storage to save DJI videos and pictures..which mind you is already approved everything everywhere birth cert, ss# etc. Not sure why all the problems. It's one update after another,  either with the craft or the controller every single time you turn it on. Its super inconvenient. It's not a grab n go device. Now after reading comments from mods I'm guessing that my new phone is unable to operate with DJI...I'm guessing that will be their reply to me. Hope my comment helps.
2022-5-14
Use props
Rj-Florida
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16804 ft
United States

Rj-Florida Posted at 5-14 07:59
Having the same issue on LG v60. This is really becoming tiresome. Recently bought this new phone and downloaded DJI app from google play store, but figured out later it didn't work through google play store, you need to download app directly off DJI website (dji go4). Did that, was able to fly once and now after today's update and 15m of waiting I'm getting error that I need to give permission to external storage to save DJI videos and pictures..which mind you is already approved everything everywhere birth cert, ss# etc. Not sure why all the problems. It's one update after another,  either with the craft or the controller every single time you turn it on. Its super inconvenient. It's not a grab n go device. Now after reading comments from mods I'm guessing that my new phone is unable to operate with DJI...I'm guessing that will be their reply to me. Hope my comment helps.

I've turned GPS which had fixed my problem. The only thing now is worse reception and two lost connections in first 5 minutes of flying. Maybe it's just the area. Idk.
2022-5-14
Use props
TangSan
New
United States

Had the exact same problem. Try to turn on your Location. Or reinstalling your app from DJI website.
2022-5-16
Use props
Sostern
New

South Africa

Open the GPS on ur fon, it will solve the problem
2022-6-29
Use props
djiuser_bXfHX0Lv2QxU
New

Switzerland

I've tried it this way and its works .
1. Download the app from dji website not the play store.
2. Install the app pakage. You will find it under my files as well as in the download folder.
3. After the installing is done connect your phone to the rc and connect them to the aircraft.
4. The app wil keep asking you for access to external storage and gps and when you press "go to setting" it will bot respond.

THE SOLUTION

5. just activate the "location" button (the gps sign)  from your smart phone and it will works

Enjoy.
2022-7-9
Use props
Yoss
New
Flight distance : 2238 ft

Slovenia

Kynes Posted at 3-23 00:42
Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with my Galaxy S20... I checked the list and it seems very short to me... =/

I had the same problem. After getting this message at GO4 app I went to usb settings at mobile (still being connected to controller) and reset it to file transfer mode. App started to work immediately.
2022-7-17
Use props
Andesclimb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370007 ft
Chile

djiuser_bXfHX0Lv2QxU Posted at 7-9 10:27
2. Install the app pakage. You will find it under my files as well as in the download folder.

Thank you man!!!!
You deserve a never ending battery...
2022-7-31
Use props
Bozstan82
lvl.1

Philippines

same problem with my Oppo Reno 5 updated OS android 12....
2022-8-16
Use props
Bozstan82
lvl.1

Philippines

djiuser_bXfHX0Lv2QxU Posted at 7-9 10:27

problem solved..just turn on location on mobile device. thank you
2022-8-16
Use props
fans7347095f
New

Italy

Salve, non capisco perché le app dji go4 e di ronin non funzionano più nel mio Xiaomi 11lite 5g  NE, l' ultimo utilizzo risale al 9-8-22 e a oggi 1-9 le app non si avviano si arrestano subito, probabilmente il telefono avrà fatto un aggiornamento, premetto che le app li ho disinstallate e reinstallate dal sito dji. La versione Android è 12 e MIUI 13.0.0.9 Spero che risolviate al più presto e di ricevere almeno una risposta grazie in anticipo
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_Hsen8vvkJXU1
New

Norway

I have the same problem on my samsung s22
Please fix this, just bought my mavic pro :]
2022-9-22
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

As many others mentioned problem is solved by downloading the app from DJI and turn on your GPS before launching the app
2022-9-22
Use props
MAcroS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12467 ft

Russia

Omg thank you. Turning GPS on the phone did solve the problem!
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_Heyb3olOeZxK
New
Russia

djiuser_XZW15ePiXOkK Posted at 2022-4-4 06:11

You are man!!!!! Thank you a lots!!! You save my health))
2023-1-8
Use props
MasterFilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2113730 ft
Sri Lanka

Wow. Thanks Mate. This worked for me too. How on earth did you figure that one out?
2023-4-1
Use props
Soda
New

Sweden

Kynes Posted at 2022-3-23 00:42
Hello,

As found in last replies, my problem with exact same issue on Samsung S20 FE was fixed when GPS was turned on on my mobile.
Thanks!
2023-4-16
Use props
djiuser_jLs2hqCEAmV6
New

United Kingdom

Hi
Guys I had same issues the solution is easy before you start up the dji go 4 app turn on the location and after works properly!
2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_4EofyFzhCTUl
lvl.1

Czechia

Tysm! You are lifesaver haha
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_rpSZxJpHps1L
New

Denmark

Worked
2023-6-25
Use props
Petar Borzić
New

Ireland

I was having the same issue ,after switching everything on and give permission to all stuff,still the same message keep popping out, then I just turn on my location on mobile phone and I was good to go. Hope this will help to you.
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Petar Borzić Posted at 7-22 00:39
I was having the same issue ,after switching everything on and give permission to all stuff,still the same message keep popping out, then I just turn on my location on mobile phone and I was good to go. Hope this will help to you.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what DJI Drone are you using? Also, please tell us the model of your mobile device so we can help you further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-7-30
Use props
DomiH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8944 ft
Belgium

An old post but same problem with a headwolf fpad2 8" android 12 and I confirm, turning location on solves this problem
2023-9-5
Use props
djiuser_4Oms6v5NvV1Z
New

United States

I was having the same issue.  I allowed everything then realized I had location services turned off on my pad.  Turned it on and now its back to working, no idea how it was turned off.  
2023-9-15
Use props
Conan Romersberger
New

United States

YES!  Finally - super easy fix, turn on location before opening app.  Works!
1-27 07:02
Use props
djiuser_9iJt1ZZapR8V
New

Indonesia

Trust me, you just forgor to turn on your gps
yesterday 05:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules