Battery Dead?
2849 2 2022-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Mavic 2 that's been dormant (sadly) for over a year. But I have religiously charged and discharged (not totally) the batteries every few months as per the guidelines.
Now I am looking to go out and fly, I checked the status of all 3 batteries, all working, around 25% charge according to the green ring.

Putting them all on the Fly-More charging dock, 2 of the 3 charged fine. But the 3rd is suddenly completely dead, no lights on the battery (even long-pressing the button) and when placed on the charging dock by itself, the red light appears on the dock. I've never had this before on any of my drones. I left them on the charge dock for 2-3 days and only noticed that this one wasn't working when I went to put it in the drone.

The battery is not swollen or damaged it's just non-responsive. It's probably only been charged maybe 30 times in its life. I ordered this on release day of Mavic 2, so it's well out of its warranty.

Is this a dead-battery or a recoverable issue? It seems a shame to dipsose of a £150 battery, so I'm hoping there's an easy fix?!!
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there damoUK. I am sorry to know that You are having this issue with the intelligent flight batteries of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro after storing it for sometime. It seem that the DJI Mavic 2 Pro's intelligent flight battery is already depleted. DJI would suggest for your to have a new battery to start flying again. In addition I will post a link where in you check some tips on how to properly store your DJI Mavic 2 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_EN.pdf

2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whats worse is that they appear to no longer sell new batteries,   the only option Ive found in the UK so far is to pay the extra for the M2EA battery and then downgrade the firmware.
2022-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules