Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

get to the bottom of this issue now".
Maybe some of you have seen this but I just found it. Drone XL picked up on this issue so it's gone big time now. For your enjoyment only. Nothing that we didn't know already, right?

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/28/dji-mavic-3-gps-problem/

2022-3-28
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

You are famous! You feature in that post :-) Sorry not helpful, couldn't resist....
Capture.JPG
2022-3-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

You in the news,
2022-3-28
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-3-28
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 3-28 19:29
You are famous! You feature in that post :-) Sorry not helpful, couldn't resist....

Well I'll be.............honestly didn't even notice that until you brought it to my attention. For a minute, I thought you copied and pasted my comment there. Too funny
2022-3-28
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

By the way, I stubled upon this article just by using google search for related articles so I scrolled through it very briefly without readying any of it. I've had the chance to read it finally and there are some revelations in it that sound legit to me
2022-3-28
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So basically, here it is in a nutshell. "DJI Support blames faulty USAF satellites for Mavic 3 GPS headaches". There it is folks, tongue in cheek...
2022-3-28
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI should perhaps explain why those broken USAF satellites only affect the Mavic3 but not any other drone
2022-3-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-28 21:32
By the way, I stubled upon this article just by using google search for related articles so I scrolled through it very briefly without readying any of it. I've had the chance to read it finally and there are some revelations in it that sound legit to me

You are now a part of Mavic 3 history!  Kind of cool actually!
2022-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think they already posted how this gets improved.  -  https://dronexl.co/2022/03/25/dji-mavic-3s-fall-release/
2022-3-28
Use props
Snoopy2
Banned

United States

2022-3-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Snoopy2 Posted at 3-29 00:15
Yep! They will blame all the airlines for flying with broken transponders, as opposed to admitting they broke “Airsense”.  What a dumpster fire.

2022-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow Famous congrats. Hopefully when collecting your Oscar Nobody makes jokes about your wife/partner, because you're  looking very lean and mean it your photo
2022-3-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-29 09:36
Wow Famous congrats. Hopefully when collecting your Oscar Nobody makes jokes about your wife/partner, because you're  looking very lean and mean it your photo

That's right, that's right so nobody mess with me.
2022-3-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-29 09:51
That's right, that's right so nobody mess with me.

Folks, I have no explanation for this other than placing my Mavic 3 in the fridge for a couple hours in the fridge yesterday then resetting my IMU but just finished placing the drone on my brick patio like I always do after not flying it since yesterday and the time it took to acquire home point was get ready for this...........................00:51.75. No rhyme, no reason I know. Unbelievable!!!
2022-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-29 11:45
Folks, I have no explanation for this other than placing my Mavic 3 in the fridge for a couple hours in the fridge yesterday then resetting my IMU but just finished placing the drone on my brick patio like I always do after not flying it since yesterday and the time it took to acquire home point was get ready for this...........................00:51.75. No rhyme, no reason I know. Unbelievable!!!

Well its all about the end result…
2022-3-29
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Folks, I have no explanation for this other than placing my Mavic 3 in the fridge for a couple hours in the fridge yesterday then resetting my IMU but just finished placing the drone on my brick patio like I always do after not flying it since yesterday and the time it took to acquire home point was get ready for this...........................00:51.75. No rhyme, no reason I know. Unbelievable!!!

That's fridgin great!!
But seriously I don't know much about this but is any data stored from the last time you flew so it makes the connection faster if you haven't moved far? I think that was always the case with my Mini turn it off today turn it on tomorrow at same place and fast. Drive 50km turn it on and slower??
2022-3-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

OMG..deep-freeze the M3? Does that not void the warranty against abuse! Sometimes the fix is discovered by some one thinking inside the (ice) box ;-)
2022-3-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 3-29 19:37
OMG..deep-freeze the M3? Does that not void the warranty against abuse! Sometimes the fix is discovered by some one thinking inside the (ice) box ;-)

Good one GaryDoug
2022-3-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 3-29 19:37
OMG..deep-freeze the M3? Does that not void the warranty against abuse! Sometimes the fix is discovered by some one thinking inside the (ice) box ;-)

This fix really leaves me cold.
2022-3-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-29 20:18
This fix really leaves me cold.

By design of course ;-)
2022-3-31
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Folks, I have no explanation for this other than placing my Mavic 3 in the fridge for a couple hours in the fridge yesterday then resetting my IMU but just finished placing the drone on my brick patio like I always do after not flying it since yesterday and the time it took to acquire home point was get ready for this...........................00:51.75. No rhyme, no reason I know. Unbelievable!!!

Update. Haven't flown my Mavic 3 since March 29th after I got my best home point recorded at 00:51.75. This was after I did the silly thing of putting the drone inside my refrigerator for a while then doing a IMU calibration. This morning was the first time I've flown since that time and after taking off at my normal location, it acquired 12 satellites and recorded home point in 01:16.29. Not as good as the 52 seconds but still not too shabby. I know doing the "cold" IMU calibration probably had nothing to do with this so just lucky I suppose? Go figure....
2022-4-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I feel like the refrigerator thing is perfect for April 1st.
2022-4-1
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-1 15:43
I feel like the refrigerator thing is perfect for April 1st.

I flew it again about an hour ago and got around 57 seconds. 3rd time in a row with respectable acquisitions of Home point recorded so I've come to the conclusions that I have a self healing drone. No explanation other than I'm happy with the time now
2022-4-1
Use props
fans0506ae78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had some good luck today. I decided to time how long my gps lock took. From a cold start it took less than 2min for a full 21 sat lock.
2022-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-1 17:10
I flew it again about an hour ago and got around 57 seconds. 3rd time in a row with respectable acquisitions of Home point recorded so I've come to the conclusions that I have a self healing drone. No explanation other than I'm happy with the time now

I hear this from many users. At least its moving in the right direction.
2022-4-2
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 05:02
I hear this from many users. At least its moving in the right direction.

I hope so i love my m3 i like what it can do. I'm hoping with some more firmware tweeks and added features it will become better. But since i got it this is the 4th time ive flown it due to gps lag. I've mainley been flying my yuneec typhoone h plus.
2022-4-2
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-2 05:30
Nonsense. It’s not fixed and DJI isn’t saying anything.

Nobody is sitting around expecting to broadcast that something doesn't work as designed.  It will get fixed.  
2022-4-2
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-2 18:45
“It will get fixed”
They said that the 3/23 fw would fix it. 100 days after they broke it.
So what makes you think it will get fixed when their track record is zero for delivering on fixing it and they won’t even acknowledge it anymore?

Because it's in their best interests.  
2022-4-3
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-3 15:34
Not really. They can just lie and say it is “optimated”. Easy-peasy.

Apart from the fact their release notes are incredibly vague (and unacceptable), I get the feeling you are really down on DJI.   Given their entire history of consumer products, and leadership in the space, I'm trying to figure out how you arrived here at this position.  

Has DJI burned you on previous drones?  Are there things they have not fixed or made right for you?

What's going on that you have no trust in them?
2022-4-4
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-1 10:22
Update. Haven't flown my Mavic 3 since March 29th after I got my best home point recorded at 00:51.75. This was after I did the silly thing of putting the drone inside my refrigerator for a while then doing a IMU calibration. This morning was the first time I've flown since that time and after taking off at my normal location, it acquired 12 satellites and recorded home point in 01:16.29. Not as good as the 52 seconds but still not too shabby. I know doing the "cold" IMU calibration probably had nothing to do with this so just lucky I suppose? Go figure....

Quickest Home point recorded time of 00:38.56. Just finished flying in my front yard instead of my back and got this very quick time. People will say it has nothing to do with nothing but ever since I re-calibrated the IMU after placing Mavic 3 in the fridge, I've been getting the best times ever after cold starts. I'm just saying.............................
If anyone is still in a cold climate, I would love to see results from others who are having long acquiring times, to place their Mavic 3 outside in the cold elements until you know it's cold through and through then bring it inside to perform a new IMU calibration on a very flat surface right away. Any takers?
2022-4-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-5 11:25
Quickest Home point recorded time of 00:38.56. Just finished flying in my front yard instead of my back and got this very quick time. People will say it has nothing to do with nothing but ever since I re-calibrated the IMU after placing Mavic 3 in the fridge, I've been getting the best times ever after cold starts. I'm just saying.............................
If anyone is still in a cold climate, I would love to see results from others who are having long acquiring times, to place their Mavic 3 outside in the cold elements until you know it's cold through and through then bring it inside to perform a new IMU calibration on a very flat surface right away. Any takers?

we hear you.

i wish someone would try it, too.
2022-4-5
Use props
Samakopita
Banned

United States

2022-4-5
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Samakopita Posted at 4-5 11:35
While it is powered on doing an IMU calibration it is locking onto satellites. Basically you are not doing a normal cold start. IMU and GPS acquisition and temperature have nothing to do with each other.

You completely misunderstood what I was saying
2022-4-5
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-5 11:40
You completely misunderstood what I was saying

I did the cold IMU calibration over a week ago and have flown it numerous times since then with great results
2022-4-5
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 4-5 11:41
I did the cold IMU calibration over a week ago and have flown it numerous times since then with great results

Flormo2002, can you recap the exact steps you did?  In a fridge?  In a freezer?  Until below freezing?  Immediate calibration after removing unit from the fridge/freezer?

I find it hard to believe that this would work, but you are (IMHO) a respected and valued participant, and if you say it worked for you, well it worked for you!

Have you had to repeat the process?  I wonder if you would regress if you re-calibrated now at "room" temperature.
2022-4-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules