Live View not working - Phantom 3 STD
4204 8 2022-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stryker1080
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

I am a fairly new Phantom 3 Standard user.
I originally bought it in April 2019, and have probably flown it a total of ~ 15 times. Have never had issues with it and have never crashed or had any hard landings.

I haven't used it for over a year... I did have the batteries set for a long storage and what not.

Today, i decided i want to fly it again. Charged it up and took it to field by my house... Everything works, except there is no LIVE feed.

I can tell the camera is working, i can see the white balance change as i move the drone around. If i take a video, it will record and is correct and no glitches.
Just no LIVE FEED. The version on my phone is the same, was not updated. I even installed the APP on a different device and still does not work.

I did find one odd glitch that seemed to make it work. It seems if i plug in the gimbal USB to the computer, power up the drone and connect with phone, the live feed will work. I have managed to make it work two times doing this, but not sure if it was a fluke.

I was able to find a post somewhere thats talks about firmware being corrupter if not flying long? I can't seem to find it anymore and instructions for fixing...

Any tips or suggestions?

Really bummed since this thing is basically a new drone and not sure how usefull it is without live feed....
2022-4-2
Use props
stryker1080
lvl.1

Canada

I was able to do more testing, and can find a specific sequence that will always make it work.

If I plug in the gimbal USB to my computer, or anything that will make it operate as an SD card, then the video signal will work. However, if I power down the DJI; it will not work next time it is powered on.

So the sequence that seems to work:
- Power on DJI
- Power on Remote Control
- Don't have my phone with DJI App connected
- Hook up USB to Gimbal, let it read it as storage device, and then disconnect
- Connect with phone to DJI wifi, open the APP >> Video works

It's almost like the action of going into USB mode somehow wakes up the "video" wifi module or something.

I'll do some more reading tonight and reply back if i have further questions. Worst case, i will see if i can get a mini usb-to-mini usb cable so that i can connect my phone and gimbal device in the field. I am assuming it would work (i hope?)?

Thanks
2022-4-2
Use props
stryker1080
lvl.1

Canada

I have done some more tests.

I can confirm the following:
Not related to temperature
Not related to physical connection at the USB, or change in stress on the board, orientation, etc
Not related to micro SD card
I did the following:
Turn on Joystick - N/A
Turn on Drone - N/A
Connect Phone to Drone Wifi & Start up DJI APP >> No Video
Connect one end of USB cable into Gimbal, but leave other side not connected >> No Video
Remove SD Card >> No Video
Insert SD Card >> No Video
Restart APP >> No Video
With the USB Cable still connected in Gimbal, connect other end to PC (no change in position/stress) & unplug after 1-2 seconds. Restart App >> Video Works.
As weird as it sounds, it is definitely some weird thing that connecting gimbal to be a USB storage device gets the WIFI video to work... That is the only thing that consistently works. I have tried multiple variations and changes in order. Just needs to be turned on as USB storage device momentarily for it to work.
2022-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Could you please tell us the model of your device? Please kindly note that there is no Live Streaming function for the Phantom 3 Standard/ Phantom 3 SE Android version APP.
2022-4-2
Use props
fans09f0104d
lvl.1

Canada

Hi,

It is the Phantom 3 Standard. Is there some other model i can look up?

By "Live Stream", i am not referring to trying to stream to youtube or some other thing (if that is what you are implying). I am aware this model has no such option.

I am strictly talking about being able to see the video on my phone via the DJI app so that i can see where/what i am looking at when i am flying. I know this is supposed to work, because it always used to...
2022-4-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It seems your NAND chip within the wifi module is dying.  This is a common problem which is exasperated when one leaves their wifi drone sitting unused for too long.  The fix is likely to be a flash of the NAND which will make everything about the FPV work properly again - at least for a while.  Some research may show you how to fix it yourself if you're a little bit techy.  Or a repair shop may be able to fix it for you.  The fix won't last forever though.   In the future, fire everything up at least once a month to maximize the chance of keeping everything healthy.  And the same goes for your flight battery.  Don't ignore it.  Keep it at a happy storage charge.  Good luck.  
2022-4-3
Use props
fans09f0104d
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I did read about this NAND issue and re-flashing it, but someone on another forum suggested that this is only applicable to the ADV/PRO version of the Phantom 3?

I have played with Arduino boards before and used to program/flash various AVR boards and EEPROM chips; so if it is well documented, i feel fairly comfortable doing a repair. Does anyone have a link or tutorial on how to do it? Anyone have clean flash files?

Tom
2022-4-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yeah I saw that post.  That guy, quaddamage, knows a lot more about this stuff than I do.  I do know the P3S is very similar to the P2V series.  I do know the NAND flash works to repair the P3A/P and P2 series.  So it seems logical that a NAND flash of a P3S might solve your problem, but take quaddamage's advice over mine.  Good luck.  
2022-4-4
Use props
fans7e4d5cde
New

United States

Did you ever find a fix for this? I just came across this problem with mine today. I’ve had it for years with no issues or crashes. I don’t fly it often but I do fly it atleast once a month. Today I went to fly it and there’s no video on the screen and shows up as “No image transmission” and “Gimbal disconnected” even though the gimbal actual works/moves around on its own and even moves when I control it from the remote but no video at all just a black screen. Thanks guys
2023-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules