Any way to lower the controller button press sound?
4780 7 2022-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikeadelic
New

Norway

Hello!

I'm new to these forums, and not sure Im in the right section, I'm sorry if I mess this up.

I have used a older dji standard 3 for some time, but recently got a hold of  a mavic 2 zoom.
To my horror the controller sound is even worse than the last controller. Just turning it on is jaring to me.

Every button I press it beeps way too loud: any way of atleast lowering or changing these horrible sounds?
2022-4-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Not at this time. This is something folks have been asking for for a few years now.....
Read into that the obvious....
2022-4-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depending on how brave you are, the tools you have and the skills you possess it might, note might, be possible to put a resistor or if you are really keen, a variable resistor, in series with the speaker. There is a youtube of this being done with, I think, the Mini 2 style controller but there's probably more space to play with inside the Mini 2 controller than there is with the M2P controller.
Software wise.......none that I know of.

2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mikeadelic. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI remote controller's sound can not be turned off for you to be able to hear the warning alerts. In addition for the alerts that come from the mobile device, you can turn down the volume of your mobile device to minimize the sound. Thank you.
2022-4-6
Use props
Mikeadelic
New

Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-6 18:49
Hello there Mikeadelic. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI remote controller's sound can not be turned off for you to be able to hear the warning alerts. In addition for the alerts that come from the mobile device, you can turn down the volume of your mobile device to minimize the sound. Thank you.

No, I mean without it being connected to the phone. That's when it makes these too loud sounds, I know I'm sound sensitive, but so is many other people. Are you really telling me there is no way to even LOWER the annoying beeps? This seems almost unbelivable to me.
Why do I need warning sounds when tunring ON and OFF a controller?

Edit:
Is it any way to turn off the controller beeps and sounds from the controller while it's connected to a phone?
2022-4-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A question, I am 'deaf', I can just about hear the controller beep if I put it to my ear but.....................my question?

Does the phone issue sound, beeps and "Chinese Lady" messages,  too?  Some of the post here seem to imply it does,
2022-4-7
Use props
Mikeadelic
New

Norway

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-7 01:47
A question, I am 'deaf', I can just about hear the controller beep if I put it to my ear but.....................my question?

Does the phone issue sound, beeps and "Chinese Lady" messages,  too?  Some of the post here seem to imply it does,

Im so sorry about your hearing. If I put my ear against the controller while turning it on, I'd probably have ringing in my ear for a long time.

When it comes to the phone making sound: yes: it can, but its not annoying at all, as you can turn it down on the phone, but the beeps from the controller seems impossible for me to decrase/lower.
2022-4-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks but in this instance deafness maybe an advantage lol.  
With regards to "you can turn it down on the phone", that's what I was thinking/wondering or perhaps turn the speaker off entirely.
2022-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules