737 26 2022-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought about returning my M3 Cine right up until the last day I could. The rumors about an improved version coming really made me think.  My complaints are mostly based on the app and are issues air2S owners always deal with as well. I came from Go 4 app. .  The only actual drone issues I have are.

1. Initial gps lock did not improve after update.  It’s usually two minutes  on first battery. No big deal but much slower than any other drone.

2. The sensors are too sensitive. If you fly 20-30 ft over water your drone ascends in a sudden way.  I spend most flights with sensors off.

I love the cameras (even the telephoto) , love flight time, connectivity, and more.

What would make me leave DJI for good would be if they quickly come out with a better M3 without making more fixes to the current model.

Here’s an example of what you can do with that telephoto. (The lens that so many say is useless) I was far away 1000? Ft and zoomed in to 15x.  Beyond 7x needs editing but what an amazing experience. The second picture shows how far away I was. The Eagle never budged and even fed the baby in front of me.

38B38894-D0A5-4747-BB90-59B6725F789B.jpeg
C159561E-E8EB-4016-AC3B-7645F1B50180.jpeg
2022-4-6
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Why I kept it and what would keep me from buying dji again..,

I thought about returning my M3 Cine right up until the last day I could. The rumors about an improved version coming really made me think.  My complaints are mostly based on the app and are issues air2S owners always deal with.  I came from Go 4 app. .  The only actual drone issues I have are.

1. Initial gps lock did not improve after update.  It’s usually two minutes  on first battery. No big deal but much slower than any other drone.

2. The sensors are too sensitive. If you fly 20-30 ft over water your drone ascends in a sudden way.  I spend most flights with sensors off.

I love the cameras (even the telephoto) , love flight time, connectivity, and more.

What would make me leave DJI for good would be if they quickly come out with a better M3 without making more fixes to the current model.

Here’s an example of what you can do with that telephoto. (The lens that so many say is useless) I was far away 1000? Ft and zoomed in to 15x.  Beyond 7x needs editing but what an amazing experience. The second picture shows how far away I was. The Eagle never budged and even fed the baby in front of me.

2022-4-6
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonderful shot
2022-4-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The best photo I have ever taken in my life was with the "zoom camera".  I empathize with the individuals who are critical of the GPS, and I share the concerns, just not to the same extreme as others have.  This has become my favorite drone, replacing the Mavic Mini.  I've flown this more, taken more photos, taken steps to learn more on photography, taken steps to learn more post processing, and even obtained my Part 107 license, because of this drone.  I hope to have opportunities to photograph eagles where I go to boat.

In fact the very reason I purchased my first drone five years ago was to photograph eagles.  Turns out I was never able to, because the drones I owned needed to get really close, and eagles have more influence over air space than the FAA.  But with this drone, I hope to be able to photograph an eagle at a distance in which the eagle and I are both comfortable.

ADDED via edit:  Your photo is the ultimate bucket list photo for me to take.  If I get a good pic of an eagle, I will have achieved that which got me into drones long ago, but have not yet accomplished.  Your photo has special value to me because of that.
2022-4-6
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

It's still crazy to see just how good these little drones are at capturing details close up and at a distance.  Very impressive quality.

lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is an awesome photo!
2022-4-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Astounding close-up.
2022-4-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Totally off topic but, how come Bald Eagles are so people tolerant? I know they have some very heavy legal protection but I am some what surprised they can live so close to people with out being molested.
Are American Golden Eagles as  people tolerant?
I don't know if it is still needed but when Ospreys started to make a comeback in the UK I seem to remember their nests got  24/7 guarding.

I count myself lucky to see a Buzzard, lol.

2022-4-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-6 09:14
Totally off topic but, how come Bald Eagles are so people tolerant? I know they have some very heavy legal protection but I am some what surprised they can live so close to people with out being molested.

One thing I have learned is that animals are pretty smart.  I don't know why bald eagles are people tolerant, but it would not surprise me that they have learned that people aren't really a threat, and the eagles treat you as a non-threatening "object" to keep an eye on, but otherwise can be ignored.
2022-4-6
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-6 09:14

They arent that tolerant and even though I was far away I didn’t hangout long. Took pictures and backed away.An environmental watch dog group in nj told me that there are so many eagles in nj now along the Raritan river that they let the ospreys do the hunting and the eagles beat  them up for their fish.  When you fly near the Raritan river and bay in NJ YOU see many eagles, ospreys and hawks.  The most aggressive birds to drone for me has been seagulls.  No collisions so far though..
2022-4-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

excellent photo.
2022-4-6
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mattft86 Posted at 4-6 08:58
That is an awesome photo!

Thanks  it was an amazing experience ..  made me really love this drone…
2022-4-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can't see your example.
2022-4-6
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

899AA1B8-7E96-4EF5-A415-24A5EDF19EDA.jpeg
2022-4-6
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

9DD6486D-1549-4EDB-9B43-F70F9D8A3F8A.jpeg
2022-4-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

That right there is what makes the configuration of the M3 a very desirable drone for some use cases. If only they had have ironed out the other issues and maybe they will. Stunning shot!
2022-4-6
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice pics but both look at bit soft to me.  I expected better quality from the M3 camera than what I have seen posted online.  Perhaps I'm expecting too much.
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJMik. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and these wonderful photos that you have captured using your DJI Mavic 3. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-4-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJMik. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and these wonderful photos that you have captured using your DJI Mavic 3. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-4-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Spazoo Posted at 4-6 15:04
Nice pics but both look at bit soft to me.  I expected better quality from the M3 camera than what I have seen posted online.  Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

Images posted here seem to soften a little anyway and that tele image is from something greater than the 7x tele (so is digital zoom) which is why I find it quite amazing.
EDIT: opps looks like this thread has been duplicated initially??
2022-4-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a stunning shot of the eagle.   
2022-4-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What an awesome close up.  
2022-4-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Excellent shot!
2022-4-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot!M3 definitely has its merits, but the way the info is provided is less than adequate.
2022-4-7
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 4-6 13:06
That right there is what makes the configuration of the M3 a very desirable drone for some use cases. If only they had have ironed out the other issues and maybe they will. Stunning shot!

The only issue that still exists is the gps lock. Mine takes average 2 min on first battery.

I guess you could argue sensors but I think they are just really good.  Maybe a way to make them less sensitive?

2022-4-7
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spazoo Posted at 4-6 15:04
Nice pics but both look at bit soft to me.  I expected better quality from the M3 camera than what I have seen posted online.  Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

Stunning even with no zoom but at 15X?  Incredible!!!
2022-4-7
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 4-6 19:07
Images posted here seem to soften a little anyway and that tele image is from something greater than the 7x tele (so is digital zoom) which is why I find it quite amazing.
EDIT: opps looks lie this thread has been duplicated initially??

Ok thanks.  I better understand now.  And after further consideration I have to say this is the best eagle shot I've seen taken with a drone.  My apologies.  I didn't intend to take anything away from the pilot/photographer.  It's a nice capture indeed!!
2022-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules