DJI action 2 sound problem
5220 32 2022-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_06uVCiKt99Ra
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Canada

Here a small clip of me saying : sound test 1 , 2 , 3 sound test 1,2,3 but you only hear the crackle of something .
The device is new and I did 15 flight with it no crash at all .
I don't know what to do, I am on the latest firmware and the phone app too . I tried to hard reset and it does the same .
What exactly is the problem of this device ?

2022-4-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-4-11
Use props
RagingLoon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237073 ft
United States

My brand new Action 2 with the latest firmware is doing the exact same thing 2.7k 60FPS, 2.7k 120 and 1080 240 all x265 here's just a few examples...

Example 1
https://youtu.be/0R2wcXbFtxI
Example 2
https://youtu.be/syvT_Wlnt-c

Only did it with the screen attached and just started doing it this weekend only used it once before and it was great with or without the additional screen attached here... https://youtu.be/dAtmcX7AZuA
The first 3:19 seconds of the vid I have just the Action 2 then for the rest of that vid I have the screen moduale attached only difference is it was recorded at 1080p 60FPS 265.

What gives? Sending this in isn't an option (I have another horse camp trip and more to do and it doesn't always do this and it's only with screen attached) this is obviously an extended issue and not isolated... help us help DJI trouble shoot it so others may find a solution without sending 1 week old Action 2's in for a diagnosis. Thanks much!

Also just tested at 2.7k 120 and 1080 240 all x265 with screen attached and audio was fine.

Example 1 tech info

Example 1 tech info

Example 2 tech info

Example 2 tech info

No sound issues tech info

No sound issues tech info
2022-4-24
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hmm.  That sounds like a poor contact - the actual sound (where audible) seems ok - if I had that problem I'd start by giving the contacts between the screen unit and the camera unit a good rub with a suitable cloth or tissue and test.  Also it might be interesting to see whether changing the audio settings (front, back, mono, stereo) make any difference, when the screen is attached.
2022-4-25
Use props
RagingLoon
lvl.1
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-25 05:54
Hmm.  That sounds like a poor contact - the actual sound (where audible) seems ok - if I had that problem I'd start by giving the contacts between the screen unit and the camera unit a good rub with a suitable cloth or tissue and test.  Also it might be interesting to see whether changing the audio settings (front, back, mono, stereo) make any difference, when the screen is attached.

Thanks that's what I did last night and since I haven't been able to reproduce. I cleaned contacts just with my fingers then tried different combinations of audio and everything was good.
2022-4-25
Use props
RagingLoon
lvl.1
United States

It did it several times today (out of a dozen videos only one had good audio) with the screen and without the screen module so I just did a return via Amazon and will have a new one tomorrow. I tried to narrow it down via process of elimination best I can come up with is the mic on the camera module is intermittently acting up. With just the camera no screen module attached sitting on the dash of my truck 2' away I sounded like I was 20' away. Other than this dag-gum mic issue this an awesome camera.

Wonder what happened with OP's mic issue?
2022-4-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

RagingLoon Posted at 4-25 14:40
It did it several times today (out of a dozen videos only one had good audio) with the screen and without the screen module so I just did a return via Amazon and will have a new one tomorrow. I tried to narrow it down via process of elimination best I can come up with is the mic on the camera module is intermittently acting up. With just the camera no screen module attached sitting on the dash of my truck 2' away I sounded like I was 20' away. Other than this dag-gum mic issue this an awesome camera.

Maybe he returned his and it was sold to you....  please do let us know how you go with the new one.
2022-4-26
Use props
DangerousRen
lvl.3
Canada

RagingLoon Posted at 4-25 14:40
It did it several times today (out of a dozen videos only one had good audio) with the screen and without the screen module so I just did a return via Amazon and will have a new one tomorrow. I tried to narrow it down via process of elimination best I can come up with is the mic on the camera module is intermittently acting up. With just the camera no screen module attached sitting on the dash of my truck 2' away I sounded like I was 20' away. Other than this dag-gum mic issue this an awesome camera.

Hi , my mic is still doing the same thing and I didn't wanted to send my device right now as I use it still but without having the sound because the sound is crappy 4time out of 5 so I just use it without sound . I did have an other problems with my device ,it was saying SD card error and files where not saving but I was using only the camera without the Powerpack and the SD so I contacted amazon and explained to them my problem because it was to late to send it back and then offered me a replacement so I am waiting for the replacement ... But it's a bummer that you buy something new and you have a problems with ot when it's brand new and you have to send it back to DJI and wait for the replacement I got lucky on this one
2022-4-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. After consulting your issue with our engineers, we got the response that your issue can not be resolved remotely. Would you please apply for an online repair request and then send it back? Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
We will help this out. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-4-27
Use props
RagingLoon
lvl.1
United States

The new Action 2 is working great like the first one did until the mics were blown out (I did tell Amazon the reason I returned it was due to mic issues so hopefully they don't just Warehouse sell it).

I actually have the exact time this happened on video...

Action 2 mics start acting up around 11:02 - 11:08 link starts the video @11:02 maybe this will help the engineers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBR1XIDSzLg&t=662s
I did have the additional screen attached so the mic on the main cam and at least one mic on screen were blown out/effected.

For now I'll keep the Action 2 away from ejection ports and use the GoPro for shooting close ups as it's never had a problem. I've held the GoPro right out by the muzzle looking back at the shooter just outta the path of muzzle flash. I filmed a close up of a cannon being fired with my Pixel 6 and the mics are fine. Still really like the Action 2! The Action 2 was in a spot where if you didn't have ear plugs in you'd be very sorry. Cannon fire not that load but does have percussion. So I don't know.

One question: Is a gunshot right by the ejection port as I did to loud for these mics?
2022-5-1
Use props
RagingLoon
lvl.1
United States

DangerousRen Posted at 4-26 04:29
Hi , my mic is still doing the same thing and I didn't wanted to send my device right now as I use it still but without having the sound because the sound is crappy 4time out of 5 so I just use it without sound . I did have an other problems with my device ,it was saying SD card error and files where not saving but I was using only the camera without the Powerpack and the SD so I contacted amazon and explained to them my problem because it was to late to send it back and then offered me a replacement so I am waiting for the replacement ... But it's a bummer that you buy something new and you have a problems with ot when it's brand new and you have to send it back to DJI and wait for the replacement I got lucky on this one

Glad to hear you got a replacement coming... Amazon sent mine the next day.
Mine started acting up from loud noises so now I'm scared that someone might yell to loud at my Action 2 or a dog will bark at it. All kidding aside hopefully our replacements continue to work well as these are awesome cameras in such a small form factor.
2022-5-1
Use props
Vital1337
lvl.2
Germany

I have the same problem with my camera, which is about 1 month old.

I would also like to send it back to amazon and have it replaced.

But I have already registered DJI care with the serial number.
is it possible to transfer dji care to the new one ?
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_stlmOhWsCDQo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322300 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-11 17:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I actually have the same problem myself. What should i do?
2022-7-7
Use props
Stefanix
New
Thailand

Today I had exactly the same sound problem (crackling noise instead of normal recording). The problem appeared and disappeared while using the camera module only. So at least in my case not related to the inter-module connection. It happened in a wet environment. Can it be a hardware problem because it disappeared again?
2022-7-22
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

I have "crackling" sound, even without module attached, at the end of every clips. I have posted a comment about it some time ago. see below. wondering if it is related.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=266938
2022-7-25
Use props
fans0b7b8c40
lvl.1

Brazil

I have the same problem...

Did you solve your audio problem?

what did you do to solve it?

what was the real defect?
68DF925C-0300-46BA-8CFF-3F90033E4555.jpeg
08D819D0-7865-4351-A08F-EAD95F0A6854.jpeg
2022-10-12
Use props
stefanocps
lvl.1

Italy

my action 2 arrived yesterday from amazon and it does the same. with or without power module. i discovered that if i blow strongly in the mic hole, then for a while the mic works. After seen this topic i see that is well common issue..
2023-1-22
Use props
arjayboy
lvl.1

Philippines

Hello,
Im a sport shooter so i mount the Action 2 in my cap. I bough this last October 2022. since October up to before today's match it has been doing fine. but today it has been making scratching sound every time i fire my gun then when i fire again, it goes away but then if i fire again it goes back again. i think something in the loud sound messes with it which makes it produce the scratching sound and then when another loud sound happens, it cancels it and goes back to normal.

ive been using my DJI OSMO Action in the same manner for years but something like this never happened.

Heres the youtube video compilation from today's match

unfortunately, https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index is only for USA. Do you have a link for Philippines?
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_n6Gg9YrEkz5W
New

United States

This same thing is happening to me and I only had the device for 4 days before it created a scratchy audio over my video. I'm so disappointed. I'm still waiting for DJI to resolve my issue because Id hate to send it in. I also have like 30 days until I can return it back to amazon.
2023-2-21
Use props
DangerousRen
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_n6Gg9YrEkz5W Posted at 2-21 14:12
This same thing is happening to me and I only had the device for 4 days before it created a scratchy audio over my video. I'm so disappointed. I'm still waiting for DJI to resolve my issue because Id hate to send it in. I also have like 30 days until I can return it back to amazon.

For me I think the problem was a dust or something that was stuck into the mic , it resolved by himself and now it’s ok
2023-2-21
Use props
Torvlobnor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4958120 ft
Cyprus

I have two of these cameras and both had this problem on the same day One after getting it back from a DJI repair center due to a battery issue few month ago. No drone flying, no crashes, no falls. Don't know what to say, used to be a great cameras, but just got confused every time I use them.
2023-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Torvlobnor Posted at 8-30 13:09
I have two of these cameras and both had this problem on the same day  One after getting it back from a DJI repair center due to a battery issue few month ago. No drone flying, no crashes, no falls. Don't know what to say, used to be a great cameras, but just got confused every time I use them.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Was it already resolved? And can you also post a video, please? Keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-30
Use props
djiuser6890
New

United States

sorry mistake
2023-8-30
Use props
Torvlobnor
lvl.2
Cyprus

DJI Tony Posted at 8-30 21:27
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Was it already resolved? And can you also post a video, please? Keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.

Hello.
Unfortunately, problem is still persist.
Here are two short samples from both cameras:

2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Torvlobnor Posted at 9-2 06:52
Hello.
Unfortunately, problem is still persist.
Here are two short samples from both cameras:

Hello there. Can you please check the following notes and see if it will help?
1. Check whether the firmware version is the latest, if it is not the latest firmware.
2. Check whether there is any foreign object blocking the microphone, which makes it unable to work normally, and the noise is recorded;
3. Whether you're using the internal storage or SD card storage, please format the internal storage or replace the SD card after backing up the material and shoot the test again;
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-4
Use props
Torvlobnor
lvl.2
Cyprus

DJI Tony Posted at 9-4 00:02
Hello there. Can you please check the following notes and see if it will help?
1. Check whether the firmware version is the latest, if it is not the latest firmware.
2. Check whether there is any foreign object blocking the microphone, which makes it unable to work normally, and the noise is recorded;

Hello.
1. Yes, latest.
2. Nope, everything clean, checked
3. Done. Doesn't work.

Regards,
Kirill M.
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Torvlobnor Posted at 9-4 02:56
Hello.
1. Yes, latest.
2. Nope, everything clean, checked

Hi, Kirill. Have you already tried using an external mic and if so, does the issue also show?
2023-9-4
Use props
Torvlobnor
lvl.2
Cyprus

DJI Tony Posted at 9-4 03:10
Hi, Kirill. Have you already tried using an external mic and if so, does the issue also show?

Looks like I forgot to mention an important thing. This problem only occurs on the camera module, when the screen/battery module is connected it records sound almost fine, with a slight "noise" effect at times, perhaps when the microphone of the camera module is in use.
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Torvlobnor Posted at 9-4 04:44
Looks like I forgot to mention an important thing. This problem only occurs on the camera module, when the screen/battery module is connected it records sound almost fine, with a slight "noise" effect at times, perhaps when the microphone of the camera module is in use.

Hi, Kirill. Thank you for the added information. I sent you a personal message. Please, kindly check your inbox. I appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-5
Use props
Arkady
lvl.1

Israel

My Action2 camera make problems only if I use it with display module (full stack). Interestingly, the problem arises specifically when the frame sequence is below 100 frames per second (fps). I have created a sample video to illustrate the issue. Please take a look, as I believe it provides a clear understanding of the problem. I suspect this issue is related to software, and I hope there is a resolution that doesn't necessitate sending it for repairs.
2023-10-1
Use props
Arkady
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Tony Posted at 9-5 02:15
Hi, Kirill. Thank you for the added information. I sent you a personal message. Please, kindly check your inbox. I appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.

https://youtu.be/NjNQd13Iwio
2023-10-3
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

no problem with intern mic
stereo all 3 mics

Aktion3

2023-10-15
Use props
djiuser_TVrkn8EETiGq
New

United States

Hello,

I have the same use and issue as post #18.

Can I cover the mic with foam or tape to protect my other action from getting damaged from loud noise?

Suggestion?
4-16 05:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules