Italian legend
722 33 2022-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

As I recently found out to have caught COVID and got an unexpected surplus of time without being able to go elsewhere, I finally got around to take this picture I had thought to take for a long time and to reveal a bit of my hobby.

Ferrari F40 1 to 18 scale Bburago model.jpg
The Ferrari F40 has been a very special car to me since I was a child. My dad bought us kids a game that featured this car (though it was a topless model in the game 'Turbo Outrun') and the six-year-old me instantly fell in love with it. That specific moment is probably one of the biggest reasons I am a Ferrari fan nowadays. Also, when I was about 12 years old, I got this model as a christmas present from my parents. My cousin had this very same model car (1/18 Bburago Ferrari F40) and for me, that was a stuff of legends. I was so glad to receive this model myself too.
The F40 was also a very significant model in Ferrari's history. It was created to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the company. It was the last model that officially got the company founder Enzo Ferrari's blessing before his death. In 1987, it got into the Guinness book of world records for being the fastest serial-produced sports car for the time.
This picture is my tribute to this masterpiece of Italian engineering and a bookmark in automotive history. It is also only one of the Ferrari models I have in my collection of Ferrari model cars and merchandise that include some interesting ones, such as models made out of Legos, not-so-obvious licensed merchandise and a model fully made of glass (that also happens to be F40).

Picture taken with the Pocket 2.

Do you have some specific favourite subjects to photograph? Feel free to tell us more and to comment this picture :-)

2022-4-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Photographed infront of the fan, it could be imagined that it is in a wind-tunnel for streamline testing
2022-4-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 4-13 09:40
Photographed infront of the fan, it could be imagined that it is in a wind-tunnel for streamline testing

I'll have to admit that was exactly the idea for the background, it certainly looked like a better background than all the random piles of stuff in my apartment
2022-4-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-13 10:01
I'll have to admit that was exactly the idea for the background, it certainly looked like a better background than all the random piles of stuff in my apartment

Indeed
2022-4-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot.    Loved how you used the fan as the background.  

Hope you have only a very mild case of COVID and get over it soon.
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HGDC84. Good day and thank you for posting this cool photo that you have shot. Great work and two thumbs up. .
2022-4-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wishing you a quick recovery HGDC84.   
2022-4-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-13 12:22
Great shot.    Loved how you used the fan as the background.  

Hope you have only a very mild case of COVID and get over it soon.

Thanks, just popped into my mind that it could be appropriate for a background :-)

As for the COVID, I think I will be okay. I have no serious symptoms, more like those akin to a basic flu. I also have many friends and family members who have promised to help me during my sickness, so I will probably be fine. Thanks for the well-wishing :-)
2022-4-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-13 19:53
Hello there HGDC84. Good day and thank you for posting this cool photo that you have shot. Great work and two thumbs up.  .

Thanks DJI Stephen, I appreciate having compliments from the DJI officials :-)
2022-4-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-13 23:42
Wishing you a quick recovery HGDC84.

Thank you very much DAFlys, I think I will manage. I luckily don't have any serious symptoms, and I think I will recover relatively soon. Also many of my family members and friends have been very supportive, I certainly haven't been left alone with this :-)
2022-4-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-14 01:58
Thanks, just popped into my mind that it could be appropriate for a background :-)

As for the COVID, I think I will be okay. I have no serious symptoms, more like those akin to a basic flu. I also have many friends and family members who have promised to help me during my sickness, so I will probably be fine. Thanks for the well-wishing :-)

You're very welcome.

Sounds like a mild case then.  Get well soon.
2022-4-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 13:08
You're very welcome.

Sounds like a mild case then.  Get well soon.

Yes, nothing serious. Already feeling a bit better.
2022-4-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-14 02:02
Thank you very much DAFlys, I think I will manage. I luckily don't have any serious symptoms, and I think I will recover relatively soon. Also many of my family members and friends have been very supportive, I certainly haven't been left alone with this :-)

Let hope the boredom doesnt get you first then.   
2022-4-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 22:36
Let hope the boredom doesnt get you first then.

I have managed surprisingly well even with that. At least I have a reason to surf the web and play Xbox all day long without having any feelings of guilt
2022-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-15 02:38
I have managed surprisingly well even with that. At least I have a reason to surf the web and play Xbox all day long without having any feelings of guilt

hahahaha,    thats a good spin in it.
2022-4-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 03:43
hahahaha,    thats a good spin in it.

In this case, any excuse is a good excuse
2022-4-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-14 14:06
Yes, nothing serious. Already feeling a bit better.

That's absolutely great news.    

I've lost a few friends to COVID even though they were vax'd and boosted.  So glad to hear your case is very mild.
2022-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HGDC84 Posted at 4-14 01:59
Thanks DJI Stephen, I appreciate having compliments from the DJI officials :-)

Hi there HGDC84. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to see your work. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a great weekend. .
2022-4-15
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

wow... ...
2022-4-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-15 03:47
In this case, any excuse is a good excuse

Well if it keeps you out of trouble.  .
2022-4-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 00:15
Well if it keeps you out of trouble.  .

Well it does. At least the COVID related ones
2022-4-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Thanks for the reply and support
2022-4-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 20:18
Hi there HGDC84. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to see your work. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a great weekend.  .

Thanks and have a great weekend!
2022-4-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-15 11:54
That's absolutely great news.   

I've lost a few friends to COVID even though they were vax'd and boosted.  So glad to hear your case is very mild.

I want to express my deepest condolences on behalf of your losses, hearing that makes me so sad. May they rest in peace.

I hope you stay healthy and won't need to lose anyone else close to you because of this scourge.
2022-4-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-16 03:01
I want to express my deepest condolences on behalf of your losses, hearing that makes me so sad. May they rest in peace.

I hope you stay healthy and won't need to lose anyone else close to you because of this scourge.

Thanks for your kind words.  

I try to avoid crowds, eat healthy and stay as healthy as possible.  

I'm told that on our gravestones will be two dates with a dash in between.  The only thing that we can control is what we do when we are still in the dash period.  So I'm trying to make the best of life and help as many people as I can along the way.
2022-4-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-16 06:05
Thanks for your kind words.  

I try to avoid crowds, eat healthy and stay as healthy as possible.  

Those are wise thoughts. I wish all the best for you in these challenging times.
2022-4-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-16 02:55
Well it does. At least the COVID related ones

How's it going,   Any worsening of the symptoms yet?
2022-4-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 00:04
How's it going,   Any worsening of the symptoms yet?

I guess it was at its worst on wednesday (rhinitis, sore throat, headache, fever at 38,7 degrees Celsius (100.4 Fahrenheit), coughing), two days after the symptoms began. From then on, it has been slow-paced but steady recovering. I think I'll be fine, even if it takes a while.
2022-4-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 4-16 06:25
Those are wise thoughts. I wish all the best for you in these challenging times.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.  
2022-4-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-17 02:48
I guess it was at its worst on wednesday (rhinitis, sore throat, headache, fever at 38,7 degrees Celsius (100.4 Fahrenheit), coughing), two days after the symptoms began. From then on, it has been slow-paced but steady recovering. I think I'll be fine, even if it takes a while.

Sounds like you got off fairly lightly,   Hopefully it will be speedy recovery from here on.
2022-4-17
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

HGDC84 Posted at 4-16 02:56
Thanks for the reply and support

2022-4-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft