2719 24 2022-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the UK, having no C-0 classification or MTOM on the new Mini 3 would be excellent; here is why.... Here is why....  
Cheers
Ian

2022-4-22
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Explained well, as usual. Thanks Ian.
2022-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So how does that explain the Mavic 3 accessories that add weight not being sold in the EU region as it effects the quoted MTOM,  as per DJI responding in this forum.  It seemed that they wanted to be in a position for retro active certification and selling anything that added weight might wreck that.  Surely that same could be true here.
2022-4-22
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 08:15
So how does that explain the Mavic 3 accessories that add weight not being sold in the EU region as it effects the quoted MTOM,  as per DJI responding in this forum.

How would you comprehend the answer in the first place?
2022-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for explaining that and it also explains why i couldn't find MOTW in CAP722, they didn't abbreviate it, but that also hinders on the C rating, IF (big if)  DJI do bring its 1st C rating on this Mni 3 then your video has just become moot but DJI has a way around that anyway
2022-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-22 08:16
Yet another brag video! CRAP!

You didnt even watch the video, obviously, as there is no bragging involved, he's done the work and he explains the topic of the video for the likes of me and DAFlys as it was us that brought up the topic in the 1st place on another thread.

So you've just earnt yourself another "report" to the mods, as you cannot keep on getting away with constantly trolling people that post a video be it of themselves or sharing someone else's. We know you don't like them, we've picked up on that, so why do you continuously open the posts? it was rhetorical, we know the answer, it's to flame the member who posted it, enough already.
2022-4-22
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you for sharing...
2022-4-22
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 08:15
So how does that explain the Mavic 3 accessories that add weight not being sold in the EU region as it effects the quoted MTOM,  as per DJI responding in this forum.  It seemed that they wanted to be in a position for retro active certification and selling anything that added weight might wreck that.  Surely that same could be true here.

That's a fair point.  I'm unsure if restricting the supply of accessories is in itself sufficient to reduce the calculated MTOM.  I guess it's that last element of the MTOM definition that's key:  "Heaviest payload allowed by the manufacturer".    If they don't sell it and say they don't allow it, then is that enough?
2022-4-22
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-22 18:27
You didnt even watch the video, obviously, as there is no bragging involved, he's done the work and he explains the topic of the video for the likes of me and DAFlys as it was us that brought up the topic in the 1st place on another thread.

So you've just earnt yourself another "report" to the mods, as you cannot keep on getting away with constantly trolling people that post a video be it of themselves or sharing someone else's. We know you don't like them, we've picked up on that, so why do you continuously open the posts? it was rhetorical, we know the answer, it's to flame the member who posted it, enough already.

Thanks Bashy.  My 'Anti-Troll' defences are well-tuned to him.   Cheers!
2022-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 4-22 22:16
That's a fair point.  I'm unsure if restricting the supply of accessories is in itself sufficient to reduce the calculated MTOM.  I guess it's that last element of the MTOM definition that's key:  "Heaviest payload allowed by the manufacturer".    If they don't sell it and say they don't allow it, then is that enough?
[view_image]

Ouch, thats not good... that totally puts the kibosh on the Mini 3 if its C rated and for future C rated sub 250g unless materials become much lighter :/
2022-4-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You didnt even watch the video, obviously, as there is no bragging involved, he's done the work and he explains the topic of the video for the likes of me and DAFlys as it was us that brought up the topic in the 1st place on another thread.

So you've just earnt yourself another "report" to the mods, as you cannot keep on getting away with constantly trolling people that post a video be it of themselves or sharing someone else's. We know you don't like them, we've picked up on that, so why do you continuously open the posts? it was rhetorical, we know the answer, it's to flame the member who posted it, enough already.

Did the post you refer to get removed? I thought I saw two posts by that earlier but now see only one.
2022-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-22 23:22
Did the post you refer to get removed? I thought I saw  two by that earlier but now see only one

Yes, it looks that way, you can see it in my quote, he must be on his last warning by now, i really hope he learns now.
2022-4-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-22 23:25
Yes, it looks that way, you can see it in my quote, he must be on his last warning by now, i really hope he learns now.

cool.... cheers
2022-4-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ya welcome, just glad the mods are taking it seriously, there was a time when it was so much...
2022-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-22 23:22
Did the post you refer to get removed? I thought I saw two posts by that earlier but now see only one.

Yes Sean,   he was reported and it was deleted by DJI.
2022-4-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 23:57
Yes Sean,   he was reported and it was deleted by DJI.

LOL I know the post was reported
2022-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 4-22 22:16
[view_image]

I think thats exactly what they are trying to avoid,  especially as the EU changed the sub 249grams from weight to MTOM.

If you look at this post from DJI re Mavic 3 dongle they outright state it - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 588&pid=2589268
2022-4-23
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 00:03
I think thats exactly what they are trying to avoid,  especially as the EU changed the sub 249grams from weight to MTOM.

If you look at this post from DJI re Mavic 3 dongle they outright state it - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=252588&pid=2589268

Aha.  So yes... there we are......   Cheers!
2022-4-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 4-23 00:07
Aha.  So yes... there we are......   Cheers!

I suspect like the Mavic 3, prop guards, filters etc will not be sold officially in EU and we'll have to rely on Heliguy and Moment to bring them to the country.
2022-4-23
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for doing the CAP722 digging, Ian.

Short, clear and to the point.

2022-4-23
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy, stop bragging like the Forum police you are not! You have an incredible amount of residue rain checks for reporting you! Stop!
2022-4-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 4-24 01:43
Bashy, stop bragging like the Forum police you are not! You have an incredible amount of residue rain checks for reporting you! Stop!

Fill ya boots, report away, i think you will find that none of mine break forum rules but, have at it ;)
But i will report any of yours now that are of a trolling nature, i will however let this one slide as its borderline. Lets just let the thread get back on track, yeah?
2022-4-24
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 4-24 03:41
Fill ya boots, report away, i think you will find that none of mine break forum rules but, have at it ;)
But i will report any of yours now that are of a trolling nature, i will however let this one slide as its borderline. Lets just let the thread get back on track, yeah?

If anything is borderline, it's you!  Good luck with that disorder!
2022-4-24
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank, Ian!  I always look forward to your posts and videos.  
2022-4-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting thoughts!
2022-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now