Help! Why do all my Mavic Pro 2 videos suddenly have jumpy video?
1433 9 2022-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EvanWasHere
lvl.2

United States

My business flew me to 6 locations in 3 different states last week.

I was all prepared and checked all my settings on my Mavic Pro 2 before I flew.

I used ND filters so I would have no issue flying on a sunny day.

My settings were for 4K videos @ 30FPS. My camera settings were 4.5F, 1/60th shutter, and ISO 100.

Most of my videos were using POI mode to circle around the commercial building at 400 feet or less.

But on EVERY video I am now getting off the memory card, they all showcase multiple jump glitches in each 2-3 minute clip. The drone was turned off and batteries changed between each location.

I am using the same Sandisk card I have used for years. And I am on the latest firmware.

Why is this happening?

Raw video straight from memory card:
0:59 in
2:47 in
3:45 in

Edited video from another location that day:
0:20 in:
1:50 in

Here was another flight from a few weeks ago with the same settings/sandisk card and zero jump glitches (edited)

Why is this happening, how do I fix it, and can I somehow fix the videos I already took?

2022-4-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I haven't watched all of your clips, but in the first two the interference seems to be at the same point in the rotation. Was there something in one of the buildings below with a strong magnetic field, or a high RF output that you were passing over. Check out the rest of your clips for the same possibility.  As for fixing the videos in post, I suspect that may be nigh on impossible. But one of the gurus may pop up with a solution.  Good luck. Bedtime here.
2022-4-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there EvanWasHere. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 2 Pro to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.
2022-4-27
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get a new SD card - they don't last forever. It looks like write issues to me.

LOL @ interference - this is the camera on the AC recording to the sd card on the AC, what do you imagine is interfering with that connection?
2022-4-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Porktree Posted at 4-27 19:33
Get a new SD card - they don't last forever. It looks like write issues to me.

LOL @ interference - this is the camera on the AC recording to the sd card on the AC, what do you imagine is interfering with that connection?

Agreed.   Interference writing to the card?  lol  nope.

Cards have a max number of reads and writes.  Add to that any rough handling, even if unintentional, and those things don't last forever.  Look a how cheap they are these days on Amazon.  Grab a stash of them. Toss the old ones.
2022-4-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The cards are a bit fragile unfortunately. Get a new one and don't go cheap with it. There are sadly hundreds of offers for those that are substandard.
2022-4-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can rule out the SD card by doing a recording to the internal 8gb of storage.
2022-4-28
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-28 00:10
You can rule out the SD card by doing a recording to the internal 8gb of storage.

Good thinking Batman!
2022-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-1 04:31
Good thinking Batman!

cheers yogi053.   
2022-5-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Could this be the solution?  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2022-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules