DJI Customer Service does it again...
1008 1 2022-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MassDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

... in a good way. A few years ago I bought a new P4P and also bought DJI Care Refresh, because I'm hard on the Universe. About 9 months later I flew it into a high branch, and my drone plummeted about 60 feet onto hard pavement, smashing it thoroughly. Good thing I had the Care Refresh. To my surprise, not only did DJI replace it with a new P4P (not a refurb), they also said that they were doing this under regular warranty, and I still had 2 more replacements available under the DJI Care Refresh.

Now we jump to the present. I never needed any more warranty work or replacements for my P4P, having learned my lesson.  Recently the GPS signal has been wonky, drifting into ATTI mode at the most inopportune times. I recall knocking the drone off a coffee table onto a carpeted floor, and perhaps that loosened something inside. I contacted DJI repair to open a case, and even though they notified me that the unit was no longer covered by warranty, they immediately emailed me a pre-paid UPS shipping label. Ground shipping from my home in New England to DJI in California took about a week as expected, but then things progressed at an astonishing rate. DJI techs immediately inspected and diagnosed the bird and sent me a puzzlingly low repair quote. Their pricing for new parts is less than Ebay's prices for used parts, and if that's all the labor costs, the techs must be working really, really fast. Or cheaply. I approved the repairs, and within 24 hours after the bird first arrived at DJI, it was repaired, QA tested, boxed, and and handed over to UPS for return shipping. They contacted me to tell me that the package was being sent second day air, and will arrive here shortly.  All with no charge whatsover for shipping either direction. All for a 3½ year old drone without a warranty.

Finally, just this morning I got another email from DJI (they had been keeping me in the loop all along with a series of automated emails). They are offering me a new DJI Care Refresh warranty on my old drone, complete with up to two replacements, as though it is brand new. You can bet I'll jump all over that offer as well.

No, I don't work for DJI, but when I read stories from peeps dissatisfied with DJI customer service, I want to add my different experience to the mix. Sometimes, DJI hits one out of the park.
2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, there. Thanks for your feedback and experience sharing, Our customers' positive voice always let us feel more energetic and confident. We will keep this in our mind and strive to offer better and better service. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
2022-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules