Video flicker purple and freezing
1166 8 2022-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0ksSmgzKrikJ
lvl.1
United States

Video on my Mavic 2 Zoom is suddenly flickering purple and freezing up/losing video transmission. The remote control still functions during this time.

The issues are both in the transmission and also in the recorded video file.
2022-4-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Does it show up on the SD card in the aircraft? Post an un-edited copy of a short section so we can see the problem.
2022-4-30
Use props
djiuser_0ksSmgzKrikJ
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-30 17:29
Does it show up on the SD card in the aircraft? Post an un-edited copy of a short section so we can see the problem.

Yes it shows up on the SD card, will post a video shortly..
2022-4-30
Use props
DK_droning
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-30 17:29
Does it show up on the SD card in the aircraft? Post an un-edited copy of a short section so we can see the problem.

Here's the video straight from the card:

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 2IiVoit?usp=sharing

2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before also, kindly please confirm if you did experience an error message on the app during this issue? Kindly please try to update/refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and fly the unit in different location then check if there are changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you
2022-4-30
Use props
DK_droning
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-30 20:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before also, kindly please confirm if you did experience an error message on the app during this issue? Kindly please try to update/refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and fly the unit in different location then check if there are changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you
This has happened in multiple locations, (and I previously flew in this location without issue)

No hard landing has occured, I will attempt the firmware process

Edit: no error message other than "video transmission lost" occasionally (not every time)
2022-4-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DK_droning Posted at 4-30 18:51
Here's the video straight from the card:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/190DsYIWc0OYMkr9D2AZGWexEx2IiVoit?usp=sharing

That is a hardware problem with your camera. You could try re-seating the flexible cable that connects the camera to thje main circuit board if you feel qualified, otherwise it will be necessary to send the aircraft in for repair. It is not something that can be fixed with firmware.
2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DK_droning Posted at 4-30 20:06
This has happened in multiple locations, (and I previously flew in this location without issue)

No hard landing has occured, I will attempt the firmware process

Thank you for keeping us posted. Try to perform the firmware refresh using DJI Assistant 2 and have a test flight and see if there's any changes. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-5-4
Use props
DK_droning
lvl.1
United States

Tried multiple firmware downgrades which did not impact the issue. Going to send the drone in to DJI care
2022-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules