Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Finally! Some great news on M3 cine mode and more
12Next >
2777 46 2022-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

As you may know I have been beating my drum  for months, as have many of us, on the issue of how slow the M3 can fly  compared to the M2P, i.e..... not very slow at all!
This  has been a real issue for pros especially where we need really fine  control for all sorts of reasons, often when working close up to objects  whatever they might be.
For example today I was shooting a National Geographic channel show about an iconic train  that required me to go really slowly around a statue at a rail station, no matter how hard
I tried the aircraft would simply stall to a stop before it got slow "enough" for the shot.  Another issue is that I was required to get a shot of the train refuelling which is difficult as I am not allowed within 30 metres of people on my license. This would have been perfect for the 7 X optical but as it only shoots in 30P and not in the 25P required by the production I  couldn't use it at all, but more on that in a minute. Today, this came from DJI Support:

"Thanks for your patience Chris,
We really appreciate the time and efforts you have invested in providing these suggestions and ideas to us.

We have discussed this with our senior engineers and we are glad to tell you that we have planned to add more advanced parameter adjustments(Including  the Speed in different modes)on DJI Fly via app updates so as to meet  the professional and personalized needs of more users. And it is expected to be realized quite soon if our testing and validation go  smoothly."  

But then hours later more promising news on 7 X @25P (and possibly 50P):

"Please  do not worry, we have cascaded this issue to our senior-level before  and we have now decided to deep-diving into this topic with our  concerned team based on the examples that you have given.

We will get back to you as soon as possible when we got any updates."

If Sundays are for prayers answered, that's what a lot of us have!

2022-5-1
Use props
Baggio_YY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1609446 ft
  • >>>
China

DJI should pay more attention to the opinions of professional users!
2022-5-1
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Baggio_YY Posted at 5-1 05:45
DJI should pay more attention to the opinions of professional users!

I think sometimes it's getting through to the right person, both Pattie Lynn and Jonathan from DJI Support have been excellent listeners. Jonathan especially is a "doer" not just a talker!
2022-5-1
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

christangey Posted at 5-1 06:28
I think sometimes it's getting through to the right person, both Pattie Lynn and Jonathan from DJI Support have been excellent listeners. Jonathan especially is a "doer" not just a talker!

Hi Chris,

Thank you for these great suggestions. Wanted to ask you if you got a chance to check with DJI decision makers on possibility of HLG inclusion in a future firmware update. I remember you are also waiting for this feature.

Thank you in advance, Mike.
2022-5-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That is good news Chris
2022-5-1
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

Thanks for keep pushing DJI's engineering team to put their focus on the right direction.

Back in March, DJI actually made an announcement in their official user forum in China, with a comprehensive list of new features to be released in Q2 2022. An upgraded Cine mode with adjustable maximum speed is among those new features. So they already have this planned a while back.

It is unfortunate that DJI only made the announcement in China user forum, and not here, thus creating all these anxiety and confusion.

Source: DJI Fly 体验改进计划阶段公示-产品-大疆社区)

My English translation:

Mavic 3
+ 7X telephoto camera optimization:
        fast switching between main camera and telephoto camera​
        manual exposure control​
       RAW support​
+ max fly speed adjustment (an upgraded Cine mode)
+ additional flight parameters adjustment (no specifics mentioned)

DJI RC-Pro controller
+ fully customizable control wheel functions (e.g., exposure compensation adjustment)

DJI Fly app
+ The attitude ball(?) supports the display of the remote control as the center

DJI also announced additional features planed in future firmware update (after Q2 2022):

Mavic 3:
+ waypoint support
+ focus and metering optimization

DJI Fly app:
+ UI optimization
+ main UI:​
      full-screen mode​
      show extra information (battery voltage, obstacle avoidance status, etc)​
+ file naming optimization
+ album download and storage optimization
2022-5-1
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

it is amazing how so much is lost between models and apps; it's as if the previous team walked away and took their collective knowledge with them and the new team had to start all over again.  i understand if platform changes and technology changes do not permit certain feature implementation and often porting is not possible.  however, some of these functions and features are a given and we shouldn't have to rework the wheel in order to get them.  In the meantime, time and money is wasted which could be put to better use on more advanced and capable features....that we may never get to at this point.
2022-5-1
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-1 12:03
it is amazing how so much is lost between models and apps; it's as if the previous team walked away and took their collective knowledge with them and the new team had to start all over again.  i understand if platform changes and technology changes do not permit certain feature implementation and often porting is not possible.  however, some of these functions and features are a given and we shouldn't have to rework the wheel in order to get them.  In the meantime, time and money is wasted which could be put to better use on more advanced and capable features....that we may never get to at this point.
Your speculation is spot-on.

DJI had significant staff turnovers in the last two years, and lost massive amount of talents. There are two separate development teams, one for the Mavic series hardware, and one for DJI GO4 software. Most of the talent in those teams have left the company already. Somewhere along the way, the new comers decided to abandon the existing codebase and start from scratch, this is the reason why we are forced to use the simplistic Fly instead of GO4 today.

The lead designer for the original Mavic series, Deng Yumian, also left DJI and started his own company, LeapX Design. He is both a talented designer and a passionate drone user, thus truly understand the need of the pilots. He brought the original Mavic to a 16-day trek to Mt. Everest Base Camp in Nepal, and tested its flight under extreme high altitide, freezing temperature, and foggy weather. You can see his trip report, plus tons of cool aerial photos in his post:

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/24860359
2022-5-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is great news Chris!!  Appreciate you 2x for both making the ask, AND for sharing the feedback you received.  It is nice to have some features to look forward to.
2022-5-1
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Mzp Posted at 5-1 10:00
Hi Chris,

Thank you for these great suggestions. Wanted to ask you if you got a chance to check with DJI decision makers on possibility of HLG inclusion in a future firmware update. I remember you are also waiting for this feature.

Haven't got to that yet Mike, taking my wins as I get them right now!
2022-5-1
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 5-1 13:18
That is great news Chris!!  Appreciate you 2x for both making the ask, AND for sharing the feedback you received.  It is nice to have some features to look forward to.

No just me but thanks, DJI support didn't ask for it to be confidential so I guess that means they are committed.
2022-5-1
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

jerryway Posted at 5-1 11:28
Thanks for keep pushing DJI's engineering team to put their focus on the right direction.

Back in March, DJI actually made an announcement in their official user forum in China, with a comprehensive list of new features to be released in Q2 2022. An upgraded Cine mode with adjustable maximum speed is among those new features. So they already have this planned a while back.

Good to know but they still hadn't quite got that the issue wasn't maximum speed for many Pros, it was MINIMUM speed. It was like the penny dropped in recent discussions and by using real-life examples they got the urgency for professional situations. And even with the above, switching quickly into 7x mode makes no difference if you can't use the shot anyway!
2022-5-1
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

christangey Posted at 5-1 14:46
Haven't got to that yet Mike, taking my wins as I get them right now!

Yes definitely Chris.  Really appreciate your efforts, these are great features to look forward to!!!
2022-5-1
Use props
Baggio_YY
lvl.2
  • >>>
China

jerryway Posted at 5-1 12:42

DJI had significant staff turnovers in the last two years, and lost massive amount of talents. There are two separate development teams, one for the Mavic series hardware, and one for DJI GO4 software. Most of the talent in those teams have left the company already. Somewhere along the way, the new comers decided to abandon the existing codebase and start from scratch, this is the reason why we are forced to use the simplistic Fly instead of GO4 today.

Thanks for sharing!
The post is wonderful, a very familiar feeling.
This is what the Mavic gene should be...
2022-5-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Chris. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-5-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

jerryway Posted at 5-1 11:28
Thanks for keep pushing DJI's engineering team to put their focus on the right direction.

WOW  i am so pleased with this news

"The attitude ball(?) supports the display of the remote control as the center"
If i understand it correctly than it is as a the Go4 app attitude/compass indicator!

cheers
JJB
2022-5-3
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant, thanks for sharing and again for the commitment.  
2022-5-3
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-2 19:42
Hello there Chris. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.

Thanks DJI Stephen I think as long as the engineering team remains responsive we can still make the M3 both a great aircraft and camera system.
2022-5-3
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Latest from support specifically on the 7 X optical issue and the request for 25 and if possible, 50P.

"We have discussed this with our concerned team and yes, we have received the same or similar feedback from other users as well. We have cascaded this to the R&D for further review and evaluation. Sorry for the inconvenience since to realize this may take longer than the speed adjustment that we have mentioned before. But rest assured that we will try our best."

So at least DJI are now responsive on this and trying to resolve it, I presume if they do add 50P they will also add 60P.
2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

christangey Posted at 5-3 16:33
Thanks DJI Stephen I think as long as the engineering team remains responsive we can still make the M3 both a great aircraft and camera system.

Hi there christangey. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-5-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

jerryway Posted at 5-1 12:42

DJI had significant staff turnovers in the last two years, and lost massive amount of talents. There are two separate development teams, one for the Mavic series hardware, and one for DJI GO4 software. Most of the talent in those teams have left the company already. Somewhere along the way, the new comers decided to abandon the existing codebase and start from scratch, this is the reason why we are forced to use the simplistic Fly instead of GO4 today.

Hello jerryway,

My special thanks also go to you!
You've also brought in so many news/announcements (translated from Chinese for us) that it's really a huge joy to hear!
Thank you so much again!!!
2022-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to hear!
2022-5-5
Use props
Baggio_YY
lvl.2
  • >>>
China

christangey Posted at 5-3 16:34
Latest from support specifically on the 7 X optical issue and the request for 25 and if possible, 50P.

Good News!
2022-5-6
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ok, even more good news if it's correct. I stress this information is NOT from DJI Support but comes from a beta tester I trust (he even supplied me a confidential copy of an HLG clip shot on a Mavic 3 in 5.1K)

Coming in future updates: "ProRes 422 & LT (on the Cine only of course), DNG & manual exposure settings for the Tele lens, as well as 25 & 50 (not 60) p"
2022-5-7
Use props
伍仁
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19181371 ft
  • >>>
China

found a chinese guy
2022-5-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its great to get some honest feedback. Looking forward to new updates.
2022-5-8
Use props
Baggio_YY
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

伍仁 Posted at 5-8 10:08
found a chinese guy

The styles of the two forums are different, forum here is more nutritious and efficient.
2022-5-8
Use props
伍仁
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19181371 ft
  • >>>
China

Baggio_YY Posted at 5-8 17:11
The styles of the two forums are different, forum here is more nutritious and efficient.

I can't disagree with you
2022-5-8
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

christangey Posted at 5-7 23:46
Ok, even more good news if it's correct. I stress this information is NOT from DJI Support but comes from a beta tester I trust (he even supplied me a confidential copy of an HLG clip shot on a Mavic 3 in 5.1K)

Coming in future updates: "ProRes 422 & LT (on the Cine only of course), DNG & manual exposure settings for the Tele lens, as well as 25 & 50 (not 60) p"

I really need LOG on the Tele lens so that I can blend footage with the main camera. Crossing my fingers for its inclusion in the near future.
2022-5-8
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

LoftyAmbitions Posted at 5-8 19:24
I really need LOG on the Tele lens so that I can blend footage with the main camera. Crossing my fingers for its inclusion in the near future.

Yes totally agree but let's take our wins as we get them. They are of course different sensors and cameras too!
2022-5-9
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

christangey Posted at 5-7 23:46
Ok, even more good news if it's correct. I stress this information is NOT from DJI Support but comes from a beta tester I trust (he even supplied me a confidential copy of an HLG clip shot on a Mavic 3 in 5.1K)

Coming in future updates: "ProRes 422 & LT (on the Cine only of course), DNG & manual exposure settings for the Tele lens, as well as 25 & 50 (not 60) p"

Thank you Chris, that is great news!!!
2022-5-10
Use props
Ysbryd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7287510 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Chris, I had a situation a few weeks ago where I had to use the 30fps 7x lens.
I'd checked with the production company first and they said it looked ok in the timeline but added some time to render it in.
I was going to contact DJI to beg them to offer the 25fps but it seems you've done it. Many many thanks.
Also, I don't know why they don't just put a PAL / NTSC choice in the preferences so it only offers multiples of either 25 or 30 depending on your workflow. GoPro do it.
In conversation with Production regarding using 30fps they recounted tales of 29.97fps being selected by operators in UK. I can assume they had large fingers or bright conditions and unable to see the screen clearly. If the PAL option was there this wouldn't happen.
2022-5-11
Use props
hurstja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the effort. Hope something will materialize soon.
2022-5-11
Use props
christangey
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ysbryd Posted at 5-11 06:39
Hey Chris, I had a situation a few weeks ago where I had to use the 30fps 7x lens.
I'd checked with the production company first and they said it looked ok in the timeline but added some time to render it in.
I was going to contact DJI to beg them to offer the 25fps but it seems you've done it. Many many thanks.

Yes agreed that PAL/NTSC would be better way of doing it. I've never had success in getting 30P to look good in a 25P timeline.
2022-5-11
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-8 14:06
Its great to get some honest feedback. Looking forward to new updates.

The only thing i look forward is you not talking!
2022-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DRAGenDROP Posted at 5-24 11:46
The only thing i look forward is you not talking!

Then quit trolling you fool, your just making an idiot of yourself and it seems to come easy to you. Now move along I have no interest in you or anything to do with you……
2022-5-24
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-24 11:52
Then quit trolling you fool, your just making an idiot of yourself and it seems to come easy to you. Now move along I have no interest in you or anything to do with you……

There is only one idiot and thats the great Hallmark!
2022-5-24
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Chris:
Your new "Nick" is "Squeaky Wheel,"  Looks like you are getting greased, and well for all
2022-6-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Did someone noticed this change in the FlyApp ??

DJI Fly app
+ The attitude ball(?) supports the display of the remote control as the center

cheers
JJB
2022-6-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-13 11:24
Hi,

Did someone noticed this change in the FlyApp ??

Did not notice yet, but will check it out!!
Thank you @JJB!
2022-6-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules