Is the tracking issue fixed on the Pocket 2?
4821 7 2022-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uma1r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

As the title suggests: Is the tracking issue fixed on pocket 2 or not?

I own DJI osmo pocket 1 and  was thinking to upgrade to pocket 2. However, all review shows that it has terrible face tracking and for me that is very important.

Just wanted to ask if that was fixed in later firmware updates?

Aslo, when was the last pocket 2 firware release?  I cannot find the changelogs anywhere.

Let me know,
thanks for reading,
Regards
2022-5-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Firmware to fix this issue has been issued to beta testers, apparently, but that's been going on for quite some time.  So, no it's not fixed, and no, there hasn't been a firmware release for quite some time (see the thread about this).
2022-5-3
Use props
uma1r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-3 07:49
Firmware to fix this issue has been issued to beta testers, apparently, but that's been going on for quite some time.  So, no it's not fixed, and no, there hasn't been a firmware release for quite some time (see the thread about this).

Is this source official that it has been given to beta testers by DJI..  or just rumor?

Because I'd be happy to upgrade, if its officially announced by DJI that its given to beta testers.
2022-5-3
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I tested the new firnware, but its a ipece off junk. So i swithed to insta360
2022-5-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

uma1r Posted at 5-3 09:44
Is this source official that it has been given to beta testers by DJI..  or just rumor?

Because I'd be happy to upgrade, if its officially announced by DJI that its given to beta testers.

There is a thread here where the issue is discussed about at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253397

In that thread, DJI-ytao who is an official representative of DJI, mentions in their answer that a beta firmware is under testing. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =253397&pid=2601575

However, that was a long time ago and after the beta firmware was delivered to some of the people discussing about it, some of them said it hasn't resolved their issues, some have experienced it being even worse.

As for my personal experiences, I have the latest official firmware but not the beta version on my Pocket 2. I feel that in 4K mode, the tracking indeed is quite erratic and often loses its target. But I usually stick to 1080p myself and in that mode, I feel it works adequately enough. But it probably depends on what modes are you planning to use.

As for the version numbers:
-Firmware version is 01.03.00.10,
-Camera firmware version is 0.00.00.01 01.30.54.86
-Gimbal firmware is 0.04.09.07 02.00.15.74
2022-5-3
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

If I were you I would keep the Osmo Pocket... the pocket 2 it's a good and probably better camera, but for me it doesn't justify buying one if you have the Osmo pocket, specially since the Pocket 2 seems to be abandoned in terms of firmware update and some issues were never fixed, like tracking and poor HDR quality.
2022-5-6
Use props
lildonkey
New

United States

Yeah, it still does not work, given the amount of time that they have had to work on this, I highly doubt they will release a fix.  Just not a high quality camera.
2022-5-7
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Works as expected at 1080 and 2.7k only. 4K is unreliable at times
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now