Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mini 3 PRO DELAYED AGAIN! NEW RELEASE DATE LEAKED
12Next >
3354 44 2022-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mini 3 PRO DELAYED AGAIN! NEW RELEASE DATE LEAKED

2022-5-5
Use props
Frontliner 2020
First Officer
Philippines

thank you for sharing...
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frontliner 2020 Posted at 5-5 02:14
thank you for sharing...

No probs Frontliner 2020,     hopefully today we will see the teaser and the rumours will be proved true.
2022-5-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just waiting on the official teaser now.  Thanks for sharing this video DA.  
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 02:37
Just waiting on the official teaser now.  Thanks for sharing this video DA.

I wish they had included a timezone on that leak,  I keep checking my folders just in case.
2022-5-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 02:46
I wish they had included a timezone on that leak,  I keep checking my folders just in case.

Yeah, that would have helped.  China is +12 hours from my location.
2022-5-5
Use props
Ruzhye
First Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2022-5-5
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Captain
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

10th May, delivered to your door maybe somewhat later ?
2022-5-5
Use props
Frontliner 2020
First Officer
Philippines

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 02:32
No probs Frontliner 2020,     hopefully today we will see the teaser and the rumours will be proved true.

2022-5-5
Use props
NewToy
First Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-5 08:17

Shipping starts May 17th
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 03:03
Yeah, that would have helped.  China is +12 hours from my location.

At least the email had the right times on it.  
2022-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No delay without a proper announcement.
So clicky baity as ....
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-5 08:17

Seems 17th is on sale date.   
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 00:02
No delay without a proper announcement.
So clicky baity as ....

Did you not get the emails from DJI Monty?
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:03
Did you not get the emails from DJI Monty?

Yes I did.
But they never delayed it.
Since they announced it for the 10th.
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 00:06
Yes I did.

Ah yes very true.   Sadly I hear the shops have it stock ready to go now,   one got sold early and unboxed on YouTube.  the new controller didnt have antennas.
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:47
Ah yes very true.   Sadly I hear the shops have it stock ready to go now,   one got sold early and unboxed on YouTube.  the new controller didnt have antennas.

What is sad about that?
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 00:48
What is sad about that?

That they have it but wont sell it to me.
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:57
That they have it but wont sell it to me.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.,
I get it!
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 01:00
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.,
I get it!

And now we see them on YouTube being unboxed.   Although Im not sure about the controller now,  it doesnt have external antennas.
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 01:30
And now we see them on YouTube being unboxed.   Although Im not sure about the controller now,  it doesnt have external antennas.

Yeah, so much for the reveal
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 01:33
Yeah, so much for the reveal

I guess thats what happens when you have so much delay.   Even if they dont confess to it.
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 01:43
I guess thats what happens when you have so much delay.   Even if they dont confess to it.

Typical behavior right.
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 01:44
Typical behavior right.

Just more chance for something to leak out.
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 01:50
Just more chance for something to leak out.

Indeed.
I wonder why they do this.
2022-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 23:41
At least the email had the right times on it.

I didn't get an e-mail or else it went into my spam folder.  Not problem as checking it out online was a bit of a let down.  Maybe they'll hype the release video when it comes time.  
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 12:24
I didn't get an e-mail or else it went into my spam folder.  Not problem as checking it out online was a bit of a let down.  Maybe they'll hype the release video when it comes time.

Well.  That’s a surprise to me.     You do have a DJI account?
2022-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 12:28
Well.  That’s a surprise to me.     You do have a DJI account?

Yep, found it in the junk mail folder.  
2022-5-6
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 00:06
Yes I did.

that's pretty naive considering the mini 3 was supposed to launch late last year but they delayed it in part after they saw the autel nano.  if you're going to sell drones to best buy, you have to tell them well in advance when to expect the product and that's usually 6 months or even a year in advance.  if you can't make it, they called it delayed and they make other plans.  it's naive to think a product launch is late or on time based on when a kid standing on the block in downtown lisbon hears about it on tik tok from a dji press release.  there is mass confusion all over this launch due to the timing, merchants don't know if they can sell or not, nobody knows if product can be activated, can you buy care refresh?  product is leaking online everywhere, if someone goes to the store, do you turn them away?  it's not a disaster but it's not smooth and it's late.....just like everybody else, the big dji is not a master of product launches just because they withhold the press release until the day of.  but i see they can fool some people, no disrespect.  will we see the mini 3 being sold at best buy on monday?  nice!
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 5-6 14:05
that's pretty naive considering the mini 3 was supposed to launch late last year but they delayed it in part after they saw the autel nano.  if you're going to sell drones to best buy, you have to tell them well in advance when to expect the product and that's usually 6 months or even a year in advance.  if you can't make it, they called it delayed and they make other plans.  it's naive to think a product launch is late or on time based on when a kid standing on the block in downtown lisbon hears about it on tik tok from a dji press release.  there is mass confusion all over this launch due to the timing, merchants don't know if they can sell or not, nobody knows if product can be activated, can you buy care refresh?  product is leaking online everywhere, if someone goes to the store, do you turn them away?  it's not a disaster but it's not smooth and it's late.....just like everybody else, the big dji is not a master of product launches just because they withhold the press release until the day of.  but i see they can fool some people, no disrespect.  will we see the mini 3 being sold at best buy on monday?  nice!

Well, nobody from DJI ever stated it would launch late last year.
So it is not delayed.
You can only be delayed when you first state you will release it at moment A, but don't make it.
But (to my best knowledge) this was just a lot of unverified rumors from people making money of other people listening to their stories.
And while it 'could' be true. We just don't know.  
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 01:52
Indeed.
I wonder why they do this.

I see the first flight videos are now out.  Most features are coming soon
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 12:57
Yep, found it in the junk mail folder.

Yay.  better late than never.
2022-5-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 00:53
Yay.  better late than never.

Yes, a bit after the fact for sure.
2022-5-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 00:10

3 days early.
2022-5-7
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 00:10

features are coming soon means it's now or never and you have to make a choice about what doesn't make it in time for launch, we can't wait any longer.  not that i'm angry about it but i'm not happy about it either.  not because it's soon unnecessary but it seems to be a trend:  launch a problem and simply round up a bunch of features for coming soon.  imagine if the iphone launched and there were half a dozen items in the phone saying coming soon.  ok if those are cool new features but let's say you get the iphone 15 and it says facetime, find my phone, gestures, nfc, and wireless charging coming soon.

if the mini3 would launch when everything is ready then it would be super late.  call a bunch of features as coming soon is yet more evidence that it is late and those items couldn't get done and the smart thing to do is launch it anyway.  disappointed that this is now a "thing."  i get it tesla does similar and over the months and years you get new stuff added but i hate to see the drones going that route.

again, none of us will ever know for sure the timing. however, we're not naive and when you looking at the big picture and years of experience, the preponderance of the evidence suggests it is late rather than on time, mont.  agreed, better late than never.
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The announcement is the 10th,  not on sale until the 17th if the rumours are true.  
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-7 16:38
features are coming soon means it's now or never and you have to make a choice about what doesn't make it in time for launch, we can't wait any longer.  not that i'm angry about it but i'm not happy about it either.  not because it's soon unnecessary but it seems to be a trend:  launch a problem and simply round up a bunch of features for coming soon.  imagine if the iphone launched and there were half a dozen items in the phone saying coming soon.  ok if those are cool new features but let's say you get the iphone 15 and it says facetime, find my phone, gestures, nfc, and wireless charging coming soon.

if the mini3 would launch when everything is ready then it would be super late.  call a bunch of features as coming soon is yet more evidence that it is late and those items couldn't get done and the smart thing to do is launch it anyway.  disappointed that this is now a "thing."  i get it tesla does similar and over the months and years you get new stuff added but i hate to see the drones going that route.

Actually Apple have been doing that lately too,   much to some frustration.       As you say its now an industry trend,  my main complaint with it is when they do it to an existing feature,   Say the Mini 2 has pano modes,  but the mini3 has pano modes coming soon.    To me 99% of the work to make panos work is done on the past product so that should be included.    Now a new feature like vertical video,  a coming soon for that is more acceptable,   especially if it launches with it a 30fs and the 60/120fps is the part coming later.
2022-5-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 00:03
The announcement is the 10th,  not on sale until the 17th if the rumours are true.

I won't be jumping on any new drone, so that is not my concern.
2022-5-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Saint Posted at 5-7 16:38

For me the best way is to wait at least 1 year after a release.
Which I do with all my complex tech products btw.
My Nikon D750, all my music instruments (3 synths and a MC-707), audio interface, Pocket 2, Mavic Pro, Mini 2 and I will keep on doing this.
Making sure all the bumps have been cleared.
And all the bugs are either fixed or discovered. (and I can decide if I still want it).
Works well for me.
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-8 00:17
I won't be jumping on any new drone, so that is not my concern.

The mini2 is still very capable so your not going to be missing out too much.
2022-5-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules