Does the new Mini 3 Pro support the DJI Goggles RE
18985 32 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

I have the orginal Mavic that I use with the DJI Goggles RE, The only way I fly is with the goggles.

I have been wanting to upgrade but yet to find a DJI that supports the goggles.

Does the new MINI 3 Pro support the DJI Goggles RE?
2022-5-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate to be frank,  but those goggles are obsolete at this point my friend.  You may be able to find a hack.
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, the DJI Mini 3 Pro does not support any version of DJI Goggles or DJI Motion Controller. Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a great day ahead!
2022-5-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 5-10 06:36
I hate to be frank,  but those goggles are obsolete at this point my friend.  You may be able to find a hack.

the white goggles might be "obsolete" but there is nothing like it currently on the market when you pair it with the mavic 2.  nothing comes close.
2022-5-10
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

I own the older smartcontroller and it has a HDMI output so I link that to my fatshark goggles and they work great with my mini2   I am hopeful I can run the mini 3 with the older smartcontroller
2022-5-11
Use props
fans8fb9c0c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98346 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cavids Posted at 5-11 16:26
I own the older smartcontroller and it has a HDMI output so I link that to my fatshark goggles and they work great with my mini2   I am hopeful I can run the mini 3 with the older smartcontroller

You can't...

Mini 3 Pro = OcuSync 3.0
DJI Smart Controller = OcuSync 2.0

:-(
2022-5-12
Use props
Jon Aringge Skuland
New

Norway

Why cant we use Googles on the mini3 pro??? Man, it makes me wanna buy another brand....
2022-5-14
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Turkey

Jon Aringge Skuland Posted at 5-14 22:36
Why cant we use Googles on the mini3 pro??? Man, it makes me wanna buy another brand....

As if anybody cares
2022-6-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The member has a point, we spent a lot of money on these goggles, i went from the P4P to the mini 2 and that was it, goggles dead unless i use my P4P. Ok, so there is a workaround using a chromecast type device running off a power pack but that's cables galore and a bit of a faff. I don't know, was it really so much more expensive to add in HDMI, i don't think so, look at the add on HDMI using for the P4P, what was that £70 or so? prob looking at a decent markup on that cause HDMI adapter boards are less than £10, the rest is USB i think and plastic. But no, we are left with a fantastic set of goggles that are now an expensive paperweight.

There has to be a reason behind it, its not our Gov's is it? i mean, after all they are quite strict regarding FPV, certainly here in the UK anyway
2022-6-5
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
United States

The issue is that I'm a little vision impaired (not much) and the only way I can fly safely is with the googles, I would go buy a mini 3 pro today if it support the RE Googles. I understand tech and the how quickly it becomes obsolete, it's just the googles are absolutely fantastic, trying to see a screen in sunlight is near impossible for me. I have tried a few of the sunshades to help isolate the screen. I will just us what I have until it dies, then just move on.  
2022-6-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been looking at this the wrong way, i was looking at it with HDMI in mind as that's how it works on my P4P whereas the Mavi Pro (not sure on Mavic 2) its wifi connected (not sure about HDMI as well?) So, that will explain why i have seen the mention of the mini 3 pro being OC3 and Mini 2 being OC2 etc whereas the goggles are not and why it won't work, that's fine and understandable, but what isn't understandable is why they DJI didn't include HDMI output so that we could still use the goggles.

WIth the Mini 2, you can get HDMI out using the UBS-C socket, i know this because i have tried it when i was trying various methods to get the goggles to work but failed. I could see the DJI Fly app on the goggles, but therein lies the problem, you can only see the view on 1 device, it was either the goggles or the phone, i tried various splitters to no avail, from what i can understand is that you can't split the HDMI data, not sure why mind, perhaps not enough power from the USB-C socket to split it? heck i ain't got a clue lol

As to why DJI denied HDMI on the DJI RC is beyond me, I can easily see that feature boosting sales, it would raise so many goggles from the dead, has anyone actually tried to see if either of the USB-C sockets can output the screen? I was quite excited when i saw the RC showing 2 USB-C sockets pre launch, only to be disappointed shortly thereafter
2022-6-5
Use props
GrundleBuzz
New

United States

Nuh7 Posted at 6-5 01:00
As if anybody cares

A user posts their non-offensive thoughts on a controversial hardware/software change and your first instinct is to make a childish, non informative, remark?

Be better.
2022-6-18
Use props
Airspiller
lvl.1
United States

I still use my 2015 inspire 1 for hdmi out to goggles so I guess I’ll keep doing that. 7 years later. Insert spongebob reference. Lol.
2022-6-21
Use props
BankOfDad
New

United States

Agree.  I was hopeful with the mini3 as well.  I know DJI makes great products.  My kids really want a FPV model, but there's a lot of hassle with flying and registration where I live.  It may be time to look at other products.
2022-6-24
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33996 ft
United States

If you're in a country which requires VLOS flying, how would the goggles work?
2022-6-24
Use props
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
United States

HamDesigner Posted at 6-24 05:28
If you're in a country which requires VLOS flying, how would the goggles work?

Like all things don't ask, don't tell
Be aware of where you're flying and who is watching.

I only fly using the goggles, I fly sensible, respect the sport/hobby, never been questioned.
2022-6-24
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
United States

Don't ask, don't tell?  I'm not sure I follow.  I asked because I genuinely want to know how one could fly an sUAS legally with goggles - like if it has a hole or lens in it for one eye.  It sounds as if what you're saying is that one cannot.  I guess that coming from an RC background as a new Mini 3 pro user, and an older Yuneec sUAS before this that I flew lots for the last 5 years (without ever flying beyond the distance or area which I could see it directly) I just can't imagine the appeal of flying an RC aircraft without actually seeing it.
That being written, why would anyone willfully and intently break laws?  I've never understood that mentality and never will.  Laws are laws, just like facts are facts, and facts outweigh opinion... and that's not an opinion - it's a fact.  
Personally I simply don't break laws, and I've found that a simple solution.
I guess I'm just an old law abiding fart in a young criminal's world.
2022-6-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

HamDesigner Posted at 6-24 12:41
Don't ask, don't tell?  I'm not sure I follow.  I asked because I genuinely want to know how one could fly an sUAS legally with goggles - like if it has a hole or lens in it for one eye.  It sounds as if what you're saying is that one cannot.  I guess that coming from an RC background as a new Mini 3 pro user, and an older Yuneec sUAS before this that I flew lots for the last 5 years (without ever flying beyond the distance or area which I could see it directly) I just can't imagine the appeal of flying an RC aircraft without actually seeing it.
That being written, why would anyone willfully and intently break laws?  I've never understood that mentality and never will.  Laws are laws, just like facts are facts, and facts outweigh opinion... and that's not an opinion - it's a fact.  

who are you kidding.  you speed.  you don't always come to a complete stop at a stop sign in the mall parking lot.  everybody breaks the law, nobody is perfect.  when you are flying your drone, do you ever look down for a second (and thus lose vlos)?  someone will say that is a violation.  i think you need to be able to visually see your drone immediately when you look for it.

any law has minor tolerances, just like the 65 psl doesn't mean 70 is bad or unsafe.  i believe if you can see the area around your drone but maybe can't see your drone for a few seconds but could definitely see if there is an aircraft approaching....then it's not unsafe.  some people think these "fake" laws not rooted in safety don't mean much.  what are you going to do when the faa repeals vlos?  do you still drive 55 because the government at one point told you it was illegal to drive faster than 55?  all of a sudden it's ok when they say so but nothing else has changed?

good for you that you have always flown your rc vlos.  i think it's crazy to fly an rc bvlos, too.  but a drone is much different.  you can hover, you have a camera and a phone and a display and gps with rth functions.  you can limit the agl to under 400 feet and if your drone is less than 250g, the only thing in jeopardy is maybe some unlucky bird.  obviously you've never flown in the mountains so we get it, bvlos you're not a fan.  personally i think there are many places in the world where it's impossible to fly otherwise and soon we'll see that become a reality.  it will be impossible for the drone industry to make any meaningful progress whatever until bvlos becomes the norm and not a waiver; period.  for example, amazon will never be able to conduct business otherwise.  flying a drone is not a crime.
2022-6-24
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

Cavids Posted at 5-11 16:26

I am on the same boat as you!!!  I am keeping my mini 2 until  my smartcontroller is updated to run with the mini 3.  Fingers crossed
2022-6-24
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-5 18:55
I have been looking at this the wrong way, i was looking at it with HDMI in mind as that's how it works on my P4P whereas the Mavi Pro (not sure on Mavic 2) its wifi connected (not sure about HDMI as well?) So, that will explain why i have seen the mention of the mini 3 pro being OC3 and Mini 2 being OC2 etc whereas the goggles are not and why it won't work, that's fine and understandable, but what isn't understandable is why they DJI didn't include HDMI output so that we could still use the goggles.

WIth the Mini 2, you can get HDMI out using the UBS-C socket, i know this because i have tried it when i was trying various methods to get the goggles to work but failed. I could see the DJI Fly app on the goggles, but therein lies the problem, you can only see the view on 1 device, it was either the goggles or the phone, i tried various splitters to no avail, from what i can understand is that you can't split the HDMI data, not sure why mind, perhaps not enough power from the USB-C socket to split it? heck i ain't got a clue lol

I saw a youtube that showed that neither of the usb-c outputs would output video
2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cavids Posted at 6-24 16:45
I saw a youtube that showed that neither of the usb-c outputs would output video

Yep, you're correct,  its a poor do for sure, i would have thought that HDMI output would have been available with at least one of the USB-C ports
2022-6-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not supported yet and who knows for the future. I don't have the goggles but I do have the drone
2022-6-24
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 6-24 15:32
who are you kidding.  you speed.  you don't always come to a complete stop at a stop sign in the mall parking lot.  everybody breaks the law, nobody is perfect.  when you are flying your drone, do you ever look down for a second (and thus lose vlos)?  someone will say that is a violation.  i think you need to be able to visually see your drone immediately when you look for it.

any law has minor tolerances, just like the 65 psl doesn't mean 70 is bad or unsafe.  i believe if you can see the area around your drone but maybe can't see your drone for a few seconds but could definitely see if there is an aircraft approaching....then it's not unsafe.  some people think these "fake" laws not rooted in safety don't mean much.  what are you going to do when the faa repeals vlos?  do you still drive 55 because the government at one point told you it was illegal to drive faster than 55?  all of a sudden it's ok when they say so but nothing else has changed?

It is obvious you don't know me. I actually do not speed, and I actually do come to a full and complete stop at stop signs and red lights when turning right on red.  Why?  Because I got a speeding ticket once when I was a young, dumb moron who thought it was just fine and dandy to break the law.  Yep - I know I'm a rare bird... one of those crazy stupid people who doesn't like to break the law because it would be the wrong thing to do.
I also pay my taxes.  And my debts.  And admit when I'm wrong.  And don't hold myself better than my peers.  I also work at a real job for a living and don't expect my government to support me.  I know... crazy, right?  Well, crazy enough to know when others are making the same mistakes I have made, or learned not to make, or have gained enough experience in similar situations to mention, "You know, you ought not do that, and here's why..."  Being a Saint, you should know the feeling.
Glancing at one's controller does not lose one's VLOS.  Flying RC for as many years as I have, I have the practice of glancing at the controller, then immediately back at the aircraft. It's like taking one's eyes off the road to glance at the gauges or mirrors... it's actually part of the task, and nowhere in the VLOS rules is it even implied that glancing at one's controller is verboten; the lawmakers aren't morons.  They know you have to blink.
Incidentally, I don't even have, own, or have ever flown a "drone".  Nowhere in, on or about the manual on any sUAS/UAV or even RC aircraft I have ever owned does it even call it a "drone".  But I guess flying those cheap foam combat RC aircraft we used to hobble together and aim at our friend's combat RC aircraft as a game and contest to see which plane was in the air the longest was probably the closest I've come to flying a "drone" by the very definition... and I mean the non-media created definition of "drone".
But hey, opinions are greater than facts nowadays, right?  And breaking the law is not really breaking the law, because, hey!  Everybody does it, so that gives me the right to do it too!
Sheesh.
I remember when there were no [insert governmental regulatory agency for aircraft rules here] rules limiting fights for privately owned remote control aircraft other than don't fly around full scale airports and airplanes unless an approved sanctioned event.  But that's when the vast majority of RC fliers had common sense and respect for rules and laws.  I guess we're now seeing the aftermath of "Everybody does it, so I will too!" huh?
/rant ;)
2022-6-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

To LEGALLY fly FPV or with goggles in the U.S., there must be a visual observer next to and in communication with the PIC,
2022-6-27
Use props
djiuser_elDnnokFpN2H
New

United States

GrundleBuzz Posted at 6-18 09:09
A user posts their non-offensive thoughts on a controversial hardware/software change and your first instinct is to make a childish, non informative, remark?

Be better.

I don’t think that was intended to be offensive. I think it was intended to mean that no one **at DJI** cares.
2022-7-25
Use props
djiuser_lyTKmxabGaDK
New

United States

HamDesigner Posted at 6-24 12:41

Did you seriously just compare facts to laws? You sir are Thea quintessential definition of what people refer to as a sheep. Let me help expand your consciousness seeing how your an old man apparently who still hasn’t learned anything in his life smh. You see facts are truth and truth is both objective and ABSOLUTE, truth comes from god it’s not  man made. 2+2=4 is an absolute truth not because man says it is but because that’s the way it exist in nature. Now laws are nothing like facts or truth laws are MAN MADE. Laws are when men come along and write down on a piece of paper that 2+2=5 and now that’s a law because man says it is because he likes to play god and sheep like you follow it like it’s absolute truth when in reality there’s nothing truthful or factual about it. Something being a law does NOT make it right. please for the love of god don’t ever compare man made laws to facts ever again in your life and don’t be to insulted by this response either but instead learn and grow.
2022-9-6
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

I'm confident DJI will eventually add Mini 3 Pro support to their goggles.

From memory, people were saying they wouldn't add Spark support but eventually they did

2022-10-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is an option, use the Smart Controller or the RC Pro, the latter is what i am seriously considering but its a lot of wonga,  you can then use the HDMI out, or find a tablet that has HDMI out and use the N1 but i cannot find such a tablet
2022-10-16
Use props
djiuser_zNsog0BiJV77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1059734 ft
United States

HamDesigner Posted at 2022-6-27 06:13
It is obvious you don't know me. I actually do not speed, and I actually do come to a full and complete stop at stop signs and red lights when turning right on red.  Why?  Because I got a speeding ticket once when I was a young, dumb moron who thought it was just fine and dandy to break the law.  Yep - I know I'm a rare bird... one of those crazy stupid people who doesn't like to break the law because it would be the wrong thing to do.
I also pay my taxes.  And my debts.  And admit when I'm wrong.  And don't hold myself better than my peers.  I also work at a real job for a living and don't expect my government to support me.  I know... crazy, right?  Well, crazy enough to know when others are making the same mistakes I have made, or learned not to make, or have gained enough experience in similar situations to mention, "You know, you ought not do that, and here's why..."  Being a Saint, you should know the feeling.
Glancing at one's controller does not lose one's VLOS.  Flying RC for as many years as I have, I have the practice of glancing at the controller, then immediately back at the aircraft. It's like taking one's eyes off the road to glance at the gauges or mirrors... it's actually part of the task, and nowhere in the VLOS rules is it even implied that glancing at one's controller is verboten; the lawmakers aren't morons.  They know you have to blink.

Exactly why the Government, and FAA created Remote I D.
2023-4-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

HamDesigner Posted at 2022-6-27 06:13
It is obvious you don't know me. I actually do not speed, and I actually do come to a full and complete stop at stop signs and red lights when turning right on red.  Why?  Because I got a speeding ticket once when I was a young, dumb moron who thought it was just fine and dandy to break the law.  Yep - I know I'm a rare bird... one of those crazy stupid people who doesn't like to break the law because it would be the wrong thing to do.
Glancing at one's controller does not lose one's VLOS.  Flying RC for as many years as I have, I have the practice of glancing at the controller, then immediately back at the aircraft. It's like taking one's eyes off the road to glance at the gauges or mirrors... it's actually part of the task, and nowhere in the VLOS rules is it even implied that glancing at one's controller is verboten; the lawmakers aren't morons.  They know you have to blink.

Come on man... Be honest now...

Breaking the law it is fun... It gives you that feeling inside of being ALIVE...

No??? Are you sure?? There was another guy few years back just like you...

Not sure, but I think they put him on a cross...
2023-4-2
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
United States

Burt37 Posted at 4-2 21:46
Come on man... Be honest now...

Breaking the law it is fun... It gives you that feeling inside of being ALIVE...

So, according to you, only Jesus doesn't break the law?
Seriously?
How sad it must be growing up thinking it's okay to break the law.
How sad it is for those of us who have to live in a world filled with morons who think it is okay to break the law.
If you're in the US, I bet you're a democrat, aren't you?
2023-4-13
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_zNsog0BiJV77 Posted at 4-2 18:40
Exactly why the Government, and FAA created Remote I D.

Not sure I follow;
Do you mean the morons flying around BVLOS is why?  If so, I agree.
It only takes a few idiots to spoil it for everyone.
2023-4-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

HamDesigner Posted at 4-13 07:21
So, according to you, only Jesus doesn't break the law?
Seriously?
How sad it must be growing up thinking it's okay to break the law.

That was supposed to be a compliment...

Growing up surrounded entirely by ALL other human being, doing most things according to their OWN interest first, made me realise at a very young age, that honesty is something that you need to search, when people open their mouth, as the majority of the time, they simply tell you what they want you to believe, and never what it is...

But once you realise that all the world is the same, it is ok...

Also remember, that everytime you point a finger to someone and call them morons or dumb or idiots, there are another three fingers in your hand pointing back right at you...
2023-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules