1214 11 2022-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have 2 queries........

1. I understand I can record the controller screen ditectly to an inserted MicroSD card. Can I also attach a DJI Mic to the controller for voice commentary too?

2. If I purchase from the US (I have tons of Amazon US vouchers spare!) and have it shipped to teh UK, can I buy DJI Care Refresh in the UK once the drone is delivered and before it is used??
2022-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ I see no mention of voice record so you really need to check specs on this. Many DJI controllers in the past allowed voice recording. But they seemed to have fazed that out . Your own recording device will probably be better the new DJI Mic " if you could get one ;+)"

2/ yes you can purchase Care refresh up to 48 hours after you activate online you just need serial number.
2022-5-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems DJI care refresh won't be available for me.......

From DJI website.......
"DJI Care Refresh are only eligible in the region where it was purchased. To ensure that you can enjoy the service normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region."

Not a deal breaker, would have preferred it for peace of mind!

Anyways - nothing on the specs mention voice recording - hopefully someone will try it before mine arrive sin a few months!
2022-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bear in mind that HMRC will almost certainly hit you for import duties even if they allow it in and then the carrier will likely charge a duty collection fee.
With regards to ''allow it in'' a drone for the American market is likely to be set up for their radio regulation and not ours, I do not know if that would form the basis for confiscation but I would certainly check before you buy and check the duty liabilities.

The radio regulation may not be a problem for travellers bringing a drone into the UK but it might be for an import that is most likely presumed to be staying in the UK.

In addition to the concerns about care refresh I suspect you would have no warranty.

2022-5-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duties is not an issue - import tax and duties are pre-paid up front when purchasing via Amazon.com.

Warranty is something to consider though.......
2022-5-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

you can buy a warranty and you can buy insurance, at least you can in america.

but you don't need it.

i've had a ton of drones and never once made a warranty claim.

but insurance is always good to have.
2022-5-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-10 09:22
you can buy a warranty and you can buy insurance, at least you can in america.

but you don't need it.

Good point.....
2022-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

IftiBashir Posted at 5-10 08:16
Seems DJI care refresh won't be available for me.......

From DJI website.......

I think you can still purchase Care refresh but it will apply to the country you purchased the drone. So if something goes wrong you will be responsible for shipping etc.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 09:24
I think you can still purchase Care refresh but it will apply to the country you purchased the drone. So if something goes wrong you will be responsible for shipping etc.

Yes,  that was definitely true for previous drones,   and ive not seen anything to show thats changed.  
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you thought about someone like cover drone in the UK?
2022-5-10
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 09:28
Have you thought about someone like cover drone in the UK?

I'll take  look - thanks ;)
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 5-10 09:52
I'll take  look - thanks ;)

GavingHR mentioned he paid £17 for his mini3 in his short earlier on YouTube.  If my memory serves right.  
2022-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules