6863 26 2022-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

1). Can the usb 3 port on the mini smart controller output the screen via a usb/hdmi adaptor ? (Plug v1 goggles into the port to see mirror the screen).

2). Can the mini 3 pro smart controller, control the Mini 2 drone ? albeit the mini 2 live view is only 720p.

3). Is the battery triple charger able to act as a power bank enabling the smart controller to be powered via its usb port ?

4). There are two screw holes on the rear of the smart controller, maybe for a future tablet holder, can a tablet be used in place of the smart controller screen when on occassion you want a bigger screen ?

Anyone lucky enough to have the Mini 3 pro with smart controller can you answer any of these questions ?

2022-5-11
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

5). Can the DJI Mic be used with the DJI Mini 3 RC so that you can add commentary as you record the controller screen to the inserted MicroSD card?
2022-5-11
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I have no amswers, but an additional question.

Does the Mini3 auto bank in curves like the MA2/A2S or does it drift like the Mini2 and do i have to manually bank to fly thighter curves at higher speeds ?
2022-5-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

IftiBashir Posted at 5-11 03:45
5). Can the DJI Mic be used with the DJI Mini 3 RC so that you can add commentary as you record the controller screen to the inserted MicroSD card?

Great to see your question, maybe this can become a sensible thread of Q & A that matters to us.
2022-5-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

MySky Posted at 5-11 03:46
I have no amswers, but an additional question.

Does the Mini3 auto bank in curves like the MA2/A2S or does it drift like the Mini2 and do i have to manually bank to fly thighter curves at higher speeds ?

Great to see your question, maybe this can become a sensible thread of Q & A that matters to us.
2022-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No information on first question in the specs it just says usbc port.

2/ its O3 so there should be no problem using it with drones O2 and up to O3, but it needs firmware update and dji have been reluctant on some models.

3/ yes you can pop batteries back into charge hub and use whats left as power bank.

4/im sure all third party accessory  makers will be thinking what can be inserted into those screw holes .
2022-5-11
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-11 04:06
No information on first question in the specs it just says usbc port.

2/ its O3 so there should be no problem using it with drones O2 and up to O3, but it needs firmware update and dji have been reluctant on some models.

No real answers to the questions, I'm looking for owners of the Mini 3 pro to answer concisely. Thanks anyway.
2022-5-11
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Another question that came up to me, will the extended battries work, if i order some from outside Europe on the one i ordered inside Europe ?

And another good thing i discovered in the specs, in case someone asks, the Mini3P is specified again to fly in cold conditions down to -10° celsius.
2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3) page 32 of the manual says that the charging hub can be used as a battery pack to charge other things so it could presumably charge the controllers. However I suspect you are asking if the controller can be charged whilst in use AS A CONTROLLER, if so I, for one, would not want to be the experimenter who tests whether or not the smart controller can be charged whilst it is in use, it could be an expensive experiment. I'd leave that to the people who got freebies frome DJI.
I won't even try that with my existing Mini 2 controllers (RC231/RC-N1) and I have spare controllers.

4) they are probably intended as lanyard attachment points. There are, I believe, similar threaded holes on the other smart controllers and that either is the suggested usage or the common usage of those holes. But I recollect reading of cracks in the surrounding plastic, so I would be wary of using them as an attachment point for a heavy tablet since that is probably NOT something their surrounds was designed to support.

2022-5-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United States

The open USB-C is for charging only
The hidden USB-C is for connecting to the computer and erm, damn, I've forgotten now but its not HDMI that's for sure
2022-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 03:38
3) page 32 of the manual says that the charging hub can be used as a battery pack to charge other things so it could presumably charge the controllers. However I suspect you are asking if the controller can be charged whilst in use AS A CONTROLLER, if so I, for one, would not want to be the experimenter who tests whether or not the smart controller can be charged whilst it is in use, it could be an expensive experiment. I'd leave that to the people who got freebies frome DJI. I won't even try that with my existing Mini 2 controllers (RC231/RC-N1) and I have spare controllers.
4) they are probably intended as lanyard attachment points. There are, I believe, similar threaded holes on the other smart controllers and that either is the suggested usage or the common usage of those holes. But I recollect reading of cracks in the surrounding plastic, so I would be wary of using them as an attachment point for a heavy tablet since that is probably NOT something their surrounds was designed to support.

You can charge Smart and RC pro while using them. If you were to test new RC and it failed your drone would just return.
But a much simpler and safer test would be to just test from your sitting room. The RC-N1 Can be charged by phone Im not sure if they can also be charged externally while in use but again a fairly easy test.
2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-12 04:58
If you were to test new RC and it failed your drone would just return.
But a much simpler and safer test would be to just test from your sitting room.

My concern is 'cooking' the controller.
2022-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 05:07
My concern is 'cooking' the controller.

Well it doesn’t with the two SC and RC pro. But if the RC goes on fire call the Fire Brigade while you’re waiting for drone to return ;+). Seriously though best way is to try from home I think they will have an overheating stop on it. Anyway when I get mine I will test ..
2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-12 05:13
Well it doesn’t with the two SC and RC pro. But if the RC goes on fire call the Fire Brigade while you’re waiting for drone to return ;+). Seriously though best way is to try from home I think they will have an overheating stop on it. Anyway when I get mine I will test ..

I will wait until I see a fireless video of it being done, lol
2022-5-12
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-11 03:48

Hi,a sensible thread on here would be asking for miracles.But it might be worth a try
who knows.If the same few children would remain quiet.
2022-5-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 03:38
3) page 32 of the manual says that the charging hub can be used as a battery pack to charge other things so it could presumably charge the controllers. However I suspect you are asking if the controller can be charged whilst in use AS A CONTROLLER, if so I, for one, would not want to be the experimenter who tests whether or not the smart controller can be charged whilst it is in use, it could be an expensive experiment. I'd leave that to the people who got freebies frome DJI.
I won't even try that with my existing Mini 2 controllers (RC231/RC-N1) and I have spare controllers.

Original Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 pro included an adaptor and the instructions stated you could use a flight battery to power the controller when in use. Note. If you apply a voltage > than the receiving voltage current flows, when the receiving voltage is = to the applied voltage the current is negligible. NO FIRES !
2022-5-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NewToy Posted at 5-12 06:48
Hi,a sensible thread on here would be asking for miracles.But it might be worth a try
who knows.If the same few children would remain quiet.

I concur with your post, so many post replies with no substance to their answer. I try not to answer posts unless I have the exact answer. I could guess the answer like some vocalists, but that would be unfair on the recipient.
2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-12 08:22
Original Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 pro included an adaptor and the instructions stated you could use a flight battery to power the controller when in use. Note. If you apply a voltage > than the receiving voltage current flows, when the receiving voltage is = to the applied voltage the current is negligible. NO FIRES !

Thanks for that, could you tell me where I could find those instruction please?

I have looked through my M2P stuff and can't find anything and have JUST tried to charge an M2P's RC1A controller, switched off & switched on whilst driving the phone, via the battery adapter, an M2P battery and the controller's bottom USB connector and there was 0, zero, current to and from the M2P battery adapter.
I recollect using a splitter cable and battery pack to assist a Mavic Mini controller, the battery pack supplied most of the current drawn by the phone and the controller the rest. i.e. the current flowing to the phone was the sum of the two supply currents.
I don't fancy trying driving the phone via the RC1A's botom port whilst simultaneously trying to charge the RC1A via the side port.
2022-5-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 11:15
Thanks for that, could you tell me where I could find those instruction please?

This video explains it, whilst he is using a different power bank, you can use a M2P flight battery with the adaptor to standard usb out, a 25% battery can be most useful.

2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant thanks, 0.46A 'into' the side port.
How come post #22 is marked Norway and post #19 is marked UK.

I wonder where post 20 has gone to?

2022-5-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 12:34

Sometimes a VPN (don't ask if you don't know), enables you when travelling to access your content in your home country. I am travelling. Enjoy your new knowledge and happy flying.
2022-5-12
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-12 12:34

Give it full beans when charging !

2022-5-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Treat those KEWEISI ammeter plugs carefully, mine have had a lot of use and the plugs get temperamental. I might try resoldering mine or get a leaded one next time.
2022-5-12
Use props
djiuser_6zM46rAWIMsH
New

United Kingdom

Im also curious what these holes on the back are for as there are holes on the bottom for a lanyard I’m guessing but not sure about these.
2022-5-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_6zM46rAWIMsH Posted at 5-25 16:30
Im also curious what these holes on the back are for as there are holes on the bottom for a lanyard I’m guessing but not sure about these.

The one on the bottom can be use with a neck strap like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Skyreat-C ... product_top?ie=UTF8

The one on the back maybe for a cooling fan setup for hot climates?  a screen hood attachment?
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_6WAK7gGNvRmr
New
Flight distance : 338980 ft
United States

how do I screen share this on my tv?? It has wifi it should be able to screen share on big tv like Iuse to do with mini 2 and dji fly app using old rc and my iphone??
2022-10-4
Use props
mdurden
lvl.1
United States

3.) yes you can charge the controller with the power bank while it is in use. i did this for about 45 minutes of flying and no issues. controller had 0% charge at beginning of flight.
2023-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules