Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly crashes on Android 13
12345Next >
35007 187 2022-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TylarO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8593 ft
United States

I installed Android 13 Beta 2 on my Pixel 6 Pro and the Fly app no longer opens. Just instantly crashes. Hope the app can be updated soon to fix this.
2022-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TylarO. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to install the DJI Fly application from this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-5-12
Use props
TylarO
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 19:40
Hello there TylarO. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to install the DJI Fly application from this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

I have that version installed. It's not the device. It's the app. On Android 13 Beta 1 it was working fine. On Android 13 Beta 2 it's not working. So looks like the app needs updated.
2022-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It crashed on hand the Android 12 phones too
2022-5-13
Use props
moochinazz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 244193 ft
Lithuania

Same happened to me too. Pixel 6, Android 13 beta 2
2022-5-13
Use props
djiuser_3YiYYKMKqv9J
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328556 ft
Italy

TylarO Posted at 5-12 19:45
I have that version installed. It's not the device. It's the app. On Android 13 Beta 1 it was working fine. On Android 13 Beta 2 it's not working. So looks like the app needs updated.

I can confirm, the same happened to me: worked fine with my Pixel 5 and Android 13 Beta 1, but when I upgraded to Android 13 Beta 2 id didn't start anymore...
2022-5-13
Use props
djiuser_2o3iOzjZMyNX
New
Flight distance : 60285 ft
Germany

djiuser_3YiYYKMKqv9J Posted at 5-13 04:39
I can confirm, the same happened to me: worked fine with my Pixel 5 and Android 13 Beta 1, but when I upgraded to Android 13 Beta 2 id didn't start anymore...

can confirm on Pixel 6 Pro
2022-5-15
Use props
IamMugs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27710 ft
United States

Another user with the same issue.  Only app that does it.

Does DJI have a Pixel inhouse for testing betas?  I understand why they can't fully support them as they are always evolving, but getting ahead of it is always a good idea for a software dev.
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_3YiYYKMKqv9J
lvl.2
Italy

The same happened with Android 12 Beta, it took some time before dji released a beta apk to solve the crash at startup...
2022-5-15
Use props
TylarO
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_3YiYYKMKqv9J Posted at 5-15 13:10
The same happened with Android 12 Beta, it took some time before dji released a beta apk to solve the crash at startup...

Yea it's annoying that this seems to happen every beta. One of the only apps it happens to for me.
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_3YiYYKMKqv9J
lvl.2
Italy

TylarO Posted at 5-15 13:26
Yea it's annoying that this seems to happen every beta. One of the only apps it happens to for me.

For me it' s the only app that at each beta has problems...
I'm "forced" to use Litchi in the meantime
2022-5-15
Use props
ShandyNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi all,

Same issue for me Pixel 4 XL, Android 13 Beta 2. Here is the adb crash dump (image because I couldn't post the text):

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 11.58.11 AM.png

Hopefully this is rectified pretty quickly! Probably just a change in permissions or something required with an API change in the update.

Cheers
2022-5-16
Use props
djiuser_6EhWEqZGu3By
New

Israel

Same here pixel 6, android13 crash
2022-5-17
Use props
TylarO
lvl.2
United States

Still crashing for me on the 1.6.1 version of the Fly app.
2022-5-17
Use props
moochinazz
lvl.2
Norway

Still charshing for me too. Have the latest 1.6.1
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_WjBRdnhlYK9U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65354 ft
United States

DJi Fly app Immediately crashes on Android 13 beta 2.
2022-5-18
Use props
donald23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244252 ft
Germany

Just to make sure the thread doesn't get buried and hopefully seen.

Same for me, Android 13 beta 2, on a Pixel 5 with app version 1.6.1. And it's also the only app I use that has this behavior. I haven't tried the DJI Mimo app yet.

I'm kinda hoping for a similar download as with Android 12 beta, where a beta-APK was made available that worked fine for me.

2022-5-20
Use props
Stonkat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203921 ft

Poland

It's do not support Android 12 fully and you complaing about Android 13
2022-5-21
Use props
Sergio_69
lvl.2
Italy

1.6.2 is out for iOS, let's hope that the delay for Android is to get full compatibility with beta 13...
2022-5-21
Use props
PYLo
lvl.1
France

Same here, Google Pixel 4 XL with Android 13 TPBB.220414.015, app version 1.5.10 and 1.6.1.
No other smartphone available, unfortunately
2022-5-22
Use props
Sergio_69
lvl.2
Italy

Stonkat Posted at 5-21 04:02
It's do not support Android 12 fully and you complaing about Android 13

Your contribution to this thread is less than zero, thanks!
2022-5-23
Use props
moochinazz
lvl.2
Norway

Any solution or ETA  for this issue?
2022-5-26
Use props
Sergio_69
lvl.2
Italy

moochinazz Posted at 5-26 07:50
Any solution or ETA  for this issue?

At the moment I'm "forced" to use Litchi or switch to a phone with Android 12. Last year with Android beta 12 DJI took a long time to solve the same problem...
2022-5-26
Use props
TylarO
lvl.2
United States

Would like a update on if a fix is being worked on.
2022-5-31
Use props
Sergio_69
lvl.2
Italy

1.6.4 Android app has just been released, but still crashes on beta 13, no good...
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_vLqzMAsYFJAg
lvl.1

Spain

Same here: Píxel 5 Android 13 b2
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_vSFzWiMzHv6J
lvl.1

Belarus

Same on Pixel 6 pro andoid 13. Please provide a fix for this issue, we can't fly our drones
2022-6-8
Use props
TylarO
lvl.2
United States

Still crashes on Fly 1.6.4 on Android 13 Beta 3. Beta 3 is platform stable and devs should be updating their apps now. An update asap would be great.
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_Rz5kVfabmdoY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36608 ft
United Kingdom

TylarO Posted at 6-8 16:14
Still crashes on Fly 1.6.4 on Android 13 Beta 3. Beta 3 is platform stable and devs should be updating their apps now. An update asap would be great.

Android 13 Beta 3 - pixel 6 pro - crashing for me too
2022-6-10
Use props
tonered
lvl.4
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 19:40

Hello.

Pixel 6 Pro on 13 Beta.  App crashes every time.  Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

No other mobile devices that  I can use to connect.

Thanks!
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

tonered Posted at 6-13 11:12
Hello.

Pixel 6 Pro on 13 Beta.  App crashes every time.  Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi there tonered. Thank you for the reply and I am sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the mobile device ( Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

2022-6-14
Use props
Sergio_69
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 20:46
Hi there tonered. Thank you for the reply and I am sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the mobile device ( Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Sorry to disagree, it's the SAME problem with every major release of Android, not a problem with a single device: each time Google releases a new Android version (I saw the same problem when Android 12 was launched), DJI is very very slow to update its applications to run with the new Android release!!!
My solution (as I do not want to buy a phone just for DJI suggestion), buy Litchi and forget DJI Fly
https://flylitchi.com/new
2022-6-15
Use props
tonered
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-14 20:46
Hi there tonered. Thank you for the reply and I am sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persists? Upon checking the mobile device ( Pixel 6 Pro ) that your are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 6 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks, but I don't see how there is a distinction between the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro?  I believe the only hardware differences are the screen, camera, and battery?  I could be wrong.

I do agree with @sergio_69 though.  I am seeing a lot of app issues that seem to be lagging being the OS?
2022-6-15
Use props
tonered
lvl.4
United States

Sergio_69 Posted at 6-15 00:09
Sorry to disagree, it's the SAME problem with every major release of Android, not a problem with a single device: each time Google releases a new Android version (I saw the same problem when Android 12 was launched), DJI is very very slow to update its applications to run with the new Android release!!!
My solution (as I do not want to buy a phone just for DJI suggestion), buy Litchi and forget DJI Fly

Thanks!

I may go this route.

I know there are some limitations in the DJI Fly app, but I did like it.  The waypoint capability of the FlyLitchi app is appealing though.

I do miss flying . . .
2022-6-15
Use props
Titan87
New
Thailand

I have the same problem. Updated Fly to the latest release - doesn't help
2022-6-16
Use props
tonered
lvl.4
United States

Sergio_69 Posted at 6-15 00:09

Hello.

Likely a dumb question.  How are the DJI FW updates handled with the flylitchi app?  Do I need to use DJI Assistant or does the app install them like DJI Fly does?
Also, I didn't see pics or info jumping out at me, but does the app show ADS-B In and restricted areas similarly?

Thanks!
2022-6-16
Use props
skyimagined
lvl.1

Austria

tonered Posted at 6-15 06:41
Thanks, but I don't see how there is a distinction between the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro?  I believe the only hardware differences are the screen, camera, and battery?  I could be wrong.

I do agree with @sergio_69 though.  I am seeing a lot of app issues that seem to be lagging being the OS?

There is no hardware issue here. Just software.

As someone mentioned already with Android 13 Beta 3 we have reached platform stability, which means there are no API changes anymore. So DJI does not have to wait for the official release of Android 13 because nothing platform specific is going to change from now on.
They just have to update to the app and I think it probably is not even a big update.

The positive thing is that it has nothing to do with hardware. This means as people are buying new phones shipping with Android 13, no matter the phone manufacturer, the app will not work, so DJI is forced to update it at some point.

2022-6-16
Use props
Sergio_69
lvl.2
Italy

tonered Posted at 6-16 09:30
Hello.

Likely a dumb question.  How are the DJI FW updates handled with the flylitchi app?  Do I need to use DJI Assistant or does the app install them like DJI Fly does?

Hi, regarding the first question, we have to wait for DJI to release a compatible DJI Fly app to be able to upgrade out firmware (Litchi can't do that...), but at least we can fly ;-)
Regarding your second question, sorry I do not know...
2022-6-16
Use props
tonered
lvl.4
United States

skyimagined Posted at 6-16 23:12
There is no hardware issue here. Just software.

As someone mentioned already with Android 13 Beta 3 we have reached platform stability, which means there are no API changes anymore. So DJI does not have to wait for the official release of Android 13 because nothing platform specific is going to change from now on.

Cheers!

I agree, but I am biased.  Haha!
2022-6-17
Use props
tonered
lvl.4
United States

Sergio_69 Posted at 6-16 23:30
Hi, regarding the first question, we have to wait for DJI to release a compatible DJI Fly app to be able to upgrade out firmware (Litchi can't do that...), but at least we can fly ;-)
Regarding your second question, sorry I do not know...

Thanks!

I did update over DJI Assistant yesterday.

I then tried the Litchi app and failed.  It would only load after rebooting the phone.  It would work for a few seconds if not connected to the drone and not even load or lock immediately if connected.  Dang it!

Supports ticket created for Litchi.
2022-6-17
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules