9160 27 2022-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mini 3 Pro Range Test + REAL Flight Time Review (until 100% depleted)

I have had DJI Mini 3 Pro for a while now and it's time to find the real max distance and flight time while messing around in an abandoned airfield:

NOTE: I was still running the BETA Firmware so the final performance might differ from what I see here

2022-5-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very entertaining video Henrik.  

We really need to see a test using the RC-N1 at the same location.  

It will be interesting to see if it is related to the new RC controller or the antennas in the Mini 3 Pro or both. This might also help to see if the lack of external antennas is degrading signal strength on the new RC screen controller.  

Just a thought if if you have time to do a comparison with the RC-N1 controller.
2022-5-17
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

All in all very disappointing to say the least. Hoping for a bit better in the FCC version.
2022-5-17
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Thanks Henrik.

I am seeing similar disappointing range with my Mini 3 today. It is actually comparable to the original Mini which was rated for a fraction of the range.
2022-5-17
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

uh-oh.  first gps-gate and now range-gate?  
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have created. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2022-5-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-17 19:33
Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have created. Nicely done and thank you for your support.

That is sort of not the point is it. Why don’t you address the real issue here
2022-5-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it is possible would setting the video transmission back to the controller down to 720p help with the screen break up. 720 p is fine on that small screen for flying purposes
2022-5-17
Use props
ResonatorUAV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1650194 ft
United Kingdom

This is a pretty good test by using an airfield like that. The results are concerning…
2022-5-17
Use props
Lucas626
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would certainly be nice if Moderators can throw in some much needed input other than saying "Thank you for your support"
2022-5-17
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Thank you very much for your interesting test Henrik. Yes, it was very disappointing with the range test. I would like to see a test with the drone at the range where the signal got week, by slowly moving the RC in different positions ( up and down). At a few times in your test it looked like you were pointing the RC up in the sky, like the drone was almost above you. Just too see how sensitive the pointing of the RC is for a good signal.
2022-5-17
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for doing this Henrik, i would have liked to have seen the Radar on the screen but i know youre pointing that way anyway, but i also would have liked to have seen you more aligned vertically, you needed to be pointing down more, prob at least 30º "my friend" found it better to be pointing more towards the horizon, even more so when you're at only 74m high, i think you could have squeezed a few more 100m out of that controller, poss 2km with some minor adjustments vertically. Sad to say that, that's a far cry from advertised specs
2022-5-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice test but I really enjoyed the Chinese seconds
2022-5-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 12:42
Very entertaining video Henrik.  

We really need to see a test using the RC-N1 at the same location.  

yes, I will do that - also I saw a new firmware is available by now for DJI RC - could be fun to include mini 2 and even nano+ just for reference when we are out there anyway
2022-5-17
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Henrik Olsen Posted at 5-17 23:27
yes, I will do that - also I saw a new firmware is available by now for DJI RC - could be fun to include mini 2 and even nano+ just for reference when we are out there anyway

Try without the airpods.
I've been noticing my bluetooth headset can interfear quite badly.
2022-5-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 5-17 23:51
Try without the airpods.
I've been noticing my bluetooth headset can interfear quite badly.

noted, I will do that
2022-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 5-17 23:27

Sounds like a great idea Henrik.  

Hope you are having a wonderful week.
2022-5-18
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This made me laugh!

@DJI Could you address the signal issues.
2022-5-18
Use props
Sander_Manzoli
lvl.1

Brazil

Have seen a range test uploaded today in youtube, Mini 3 Pro CE (Europe) with RC contoller and he got 7km (120m height), with newest fw.

At 4.1km he got weak signal message, but kept going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeylU5VfuO0

Here, a 8.5km in URBAN area with Mini 3 Pro today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2vTfPeacRo
2022-5-20
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas626 Posted at 5-17 21:59
It would certainly be nice if Moderators can throw in some much needed input other than saying "Thank you for your support"

The admins are like robots with the same comments, they will never say anything or admit they may have given us all the wrong impression
2022-5-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-20 15:25
The admins are like robots with the same comments, they will never say anything or admit they may have given us all the wrong impression

You got that right……
2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_N4PutiGRxpPf
New

Algeria

Bad RANGE MINI3 PRO
2022-5-22
Use props
djiuser_N4PutiGRxpPf
New

Algeria

Bad RANGE MINI3 PRO
2022-5-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that a question or statement
2022-5-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-20 15:25

The Admins and Mods are purely media relations, they are also a go-between DJI techs.

They have a set way to converse with us as their 1st language isn't English, they do what they can in the capacity that they are allowed to. They also used canned replies as they get a lot of the same questions or types of questions, it only makes sense that they would have canned replies, why would they keep writing out the same blooming stuff over and over again, heck you would do they same, its the exact same with most tech support around the world. You ring up TalkTalk or NTL (i meant Vermin Media) and its all read from a script. You speak to their online chat needing tech support and out comes the canned responses, the 1st one will be, Hello my name is, Ranjit from Croydon, how may i help you?

2022-5-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-22 23:25
Is that a question or statement

I am going out on a limb here to say that English isn't their 1st language, plus, they said it twice so i guess they wanted to be heard lol I would say its a statement and not based on 1st hand experience, probably from what they've seen so far on t'tinterweb thingy.
2022-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting to see!
2022-5-26
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4