Post about M3 development or lack of???
1167 29 2022-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Is any body able to read the Chinese in the screen shots? Found on the Chinese DJI site. I'm not sure what this post is saying but by inference it's either there is unlikely to be further development of the M3 or there is more info about a future version. The forum members didn't seem to happy about it...
Chinese Forum Link (set google to auto translate to English)

2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully they are hard at work with the mini 3 for now.  
2022-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thats Skywalker feng commenting,  he’s on here as "jerryway," he might pop in with some clarity. Hopefully its not all doom and gloom…
2022-5-18
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 13:50
Thats Skywalker feng commenting,  he’s on here as "jerryway," he might pop in with some clarity. Hopefully its not all doom and gloom…

Oh cool, fingers crossed...
2022-5-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 12:39
Hopefully they are hard at work with the mini 3 for now.

they can do both at the same time 100% and they are two totally separate teams.  based on the timing, there's no way the m3 team has anything relevant to do with the m3p team.  better not.
2022-5-18
Use props
djiuser_T83qsfh5WQsR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3478304 ft
  • >>>
United States

It refers back to this linkhttps://bbs.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290312

It is still being developed out. The million dollar question is when to expect the next firmware update...
2022-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_T83qsfh5WQsR Posted at 5-18 16:03
It refers back to this linkhttps://bbs.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290312

It is still being developed out. The million dollar question is when to expect the next firmware update...

Google Translation:

Dear friends who care about Fly, sorry to keep you waiting, let's report on the progress! In the past four months, we have optimized for some of the problems that everyone has focused on, and the first batch of optimization functions have been launched in the App update and firmware update in December and January this year; the second batch of optimization functions are also under development and verification, and we are expected to meet with you in Q2 this year. The specific functions are as follows:

1. In the app updates and firmware updates in December last year and January this year, the features and optimizations that have been launched are -

Mavic 3 features: focus following, time-lapse photography, master lens, panorama, one-click movie, 4G image transmission, high-speed mobile phone quick transmission, continuous shooting, D-Log color reproduction, individual RAW format photo shooting, intelligent return route selection, EXP hand texture parameter adjustment, U disk mode, etc -

Screen remote control function: support SD card to store files, support HDMI output pure picture transmission -

In view of the problem that the camera parameters are not easy to adjust, we have designed a new parameter adjustment panel to make the adjustment of exposure parameters and the setting of commonly used photo and video parameters more convenient -

In view of the problem that the interface information is not clear and inaccurate, we have increased the size and spacing of buttons and icons, optimized the font and stroke of the text, so that everyone can see more clearly in the outdoor environment

2. The following features are under non-stop development and beta, and will be available in Q2 2022 -

Air 2S supports taking photos in RAW format alone -

Mavic 3 telephoto function optimization: supports fast switching between wide-angle and telephoto lenses, telephoto lenses support manual exposure and RAW format photo shooting - The remote control with screen supports more customization functions such as adjusting exposure parameters using the dial wheel -

Mavic 3 More advanced hand-feeling parameter adjustments (e.g. maximum speed) - Attitude ball supports remote control center display (Note: Attitude ball was originally planned to be online in Q1, but postponed to Q2 due to internal plan adjustments)

3. In addition, the main interface displays more information (including battery voltage, obstacle avoidance status, etc.), waypoint planning functions, full-screen mode interface, focus and metering optimization, file naming optimization, album download and storage optimization have also been included in the subsequent plan We will also synchronize with you in time for the follow-up progress, and thank you again for your attention and feedback on Fly!
2022-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-18 15:17
they can do both at the same time 100% and they are two totally separate teams.  based on the timing, there's no way the m3 team has anything relevant to do with the m3p team.  better not.

Perhaps thats where they are going wrong,  the Mini team has nailed the GPS again in this drone.
2022-5-18
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Yea....DJI is going to cease all development on the flagship Mavic 3 6 months after launch, because that makes total sense. Come on guys, how do you even entertain such stuff?
2022-5-19
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

The Google auto-translate is terrible. So much is lost/distorted during the translation.
The "further development of Mavic 3" is still on going for sure, that is not what that post is about.

The post is all about a video posted on Blibli.com, complaining about Mavic 3 being an "incomplete product", which received a rare comment from a member of the Mavic 3 engineering team. Basically he acknowledged the issues mentioned in the video, and those issues have been noted by DJI's senior management. They are working hard to try to address the issues.

2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

jerryway Posted at 5-19 08:08
The Google auto-translate is terrible.

Have you any word when we might see something happen for M3 users ?
2022-5-19
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 08:13
Have you any word when we might see something happen for M3 users ?

Unfortunately, the answer is no.

There are rumors in DJI China forum, claiming the target date for the next Mavic 3 firmware to be the end of May or early June. Again, these are just rumors.

2022-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

jerryway Posted at 5-19 08:22
Unfortunately, the answer is no.

There are rumors in DJI China forum, claiming the target date for the next Mavic 3 firmware to be the end of May or early June. Again, these are just rumors.

Well thanks for that fingers crossed we see something soon.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_T83qsfh5WQsR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3478304 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 19:30
Google Translation:

Dear friends who care about Fly, sorry to keep you waiting, let's report on the progress! In the past four months, we have optimized for some of the problems that everyone has focused on, and the first batch of optimization functions have been launched in the App update and firmware update in December and January this year; the second batch of optimization functions are also under development and verification, and we are expected to meet with you in Q2 this year. The specific functions are as follows:
Its basically in line with what i thought. Expect an Firmware update by 6/30 at the very latest. Hopefully sooner as I am looking forward towards both enhance telephoto lens features and a faster GPS lock. Waypoints etc are good but they could wait until Q3.

The whole issue seems to arise that they wanted to please every body and as result, no one is pleased.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1022300 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 22:29
Perhaps thats where they are going wrong,  the Mini team has nailed the GPS again in this drone.

DA, how many satellites required for Mini 3 to establish home point?
...as it uses the same 3 constellations as the Mavic 3.
Thanks, S.
2022-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 5-19 18:21
DA, how many satellites required for Mini 3 to establish home point?
...as it uses the same 3 constellations as the Mavic 3.
Thanks, S.

As I explained already .. there is no single magic number of sats that will guarantee that you have a homepoint.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 5-19 18:58
As I explained already .. there is no single magic number of sats that will guarantee that you have a homepoint.

Lab's, I am just interested to know if there is a difference between the 2 aircraft... do you know the answer?
2022-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 5-19 20:25
Lab's, I am just interested to know if there is a difference between the 2 aircraft... do you know the answer?

Yes, I do ... and that's why I told you that there is no single number of stats that will guarantee a homepoint with any DJI drone.
They all work exactly the same way.
2022-5-19
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Australia

Labroides Posted at 5-19 21:40
Yes, I do ... and that's why I told you that there is no single number of stats that will guarantee a homepoint with any DJI drone.
They all work exactly the same way.

Lab's, I welcome you sharing if the Mini3 & Mavic 3 parameters for TTTF are the same...
2022-5-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 5-19 23:23
Lab's, I welcome you sharing if the Mini3 & Mavic 3 parameters for TTTF are the same...

Details for the Mavic are well known by now.
I'd suggest you find out the time for the Mini 3 from someone who owns one.
Presumably it's much faster or we'd have heard by now.
2022-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 5-19 23:23

Well maybe not much faster than M3.

2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_VqaUH68
lvl.4
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-20 01:44
Well maybe not much faster than M3.

https://youtu.be/KPRYs9YKR_I

looking like SV’s for TTTF is; mini 3: 10 vs Mavic 3: 12.
That should help reduce the cold start time.
2022-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_VqaUH68 Posted at 5-20 06:01
That should help reduce the cold start time.

If you are thinking that 10 sats or 12 sats equals a homepoint, you are incorrect.
I've explained to you in detail how it works and that there is no single number of sats that will ensure a homepoint.
Go back and read what I wrote again.
2022-5-20
Use props
代号LIANG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4532982 ft
China

it‘s BranYang’s comment, looks like he is one of the dev team.
the  video listed several problems of mavic3. then BranYang said:
"as a dev team member, I'm sad to see that our product upsets users. but there is a good news(hope it is), the company leaders and dev team are already aware of this situation and they are starting dealing with those problems."

hope I am a little better than google translation
2022-5-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

代号LIANG Posted at 5-22 04:07
it‘s BranYang’s comment, looks like he is one of the dev team.
"as a dev team member, I'm sad to see that our product upsets users. but there is a good news(hope it is), the company leaders and dev team are already aware of this situation and they are starting dealing with those problems."

Thanks so much for taking the time to translate. Sounds positive!

Cheers
2022-5-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

代号LIANG Posted at 5-22 04:07
it‘s BranYang’s comment, looks like he is one of the dev team.

the company leaders and dev team are already aware of this situation and they are starting dealing with those problems."
I hope that's an old comment.
6 Months after release, you'd want them to be more than starting to deal with th eissues.
2022-5-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-22 04:14
the company leaders and dev team are already aware of this situation and they are starting dealing with those problems."
I hope that's an old comment.
6 Months after release, you'd want them to be more than starting to deal with th eissues.

Well said Labroides.  Two quarters have gone by and the comment seems to be "we finally understand"....
2022-5-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 5-22 05:39
Well said Labroides.  Two quarters have gone by and the comment seems to be "we finally understand"....

It might be an old comment.
2022-5-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-22 05:45
It might be an old comment.

Good point.  I had not considered that it may have been sitting there for some time.  Either way, it is now more than time for the SDK.  : )
2022-5-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-22 04:14

With fast-paced world of techno, they have already moved on to Mavic-4.
M3 is so yesteryear (2021).

2022-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules