7008 41 2022-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GotNoFans
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2198 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

I recieved my new mini 3 pro yesterday and charged it over night. I updated the firmware and watched the flight videos. I then took to the skies to inspect the roof of our house. The drone seemed to drop out of the skie. No warnings, it just fell from the sky and hit the floor. The front left propella has broken off and the "shoulder" of the front right arm has broken. I powered it up and there is a power failure error message on the screen of the RC. I am really confused and angry. There was no warning, as the drone was not too close to the house, so why did it fall from the sky. Im angry because I hadnt brought my insurance yet as I was too keen and eager to see her in the sky.
Ive opened a case to have the drone repaired, but need some advice please regarding the procedure, as im in the UK and the repair centre is in Holland. Do I need a customs declaration and is the postage free?
It would be nice for DJI to have a look at the electronics, as it could be the reason for it to just drop out of the sky.

Thanks in advance
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're very sorry to know about the incident. If your unit is within the warranty period, data analysis can be applied to determine its cause using your flight records. Please check your spam/inbox folder for your shipping label. Thank you in advance for your patience.
2022-5-19
Use props
GotNoFans
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 5-19 15:59
We're very sorry to know about the incident. If your unit is within the warranty period, data analysis can be applied to determine its cause using your flight records. Please check your spam/inbox folder for your shipping label. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Thank you for your swift reply

I havd checked my spam box, and there are no emails from DJI

Shall i go through the online repair process once again?

Thx
2022-5-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

GotNoFans Posted at 5-19 18:26
Thank you for your swift reply

I havd checked my spam box, and there are no emails from DJI

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will forward it to our designated teams. Please pay attention to your inbox. Thanks.
2022-5-19
Use props
GotNoFans
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-19 19:49
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will forward it to our designated teams. Please pay attention to your inbox. Thanks.

Hi
I still have not recieved anything yet

Im going on holiday at 5am tomorrow (the reason for buying the drone but now i dont have one to take woth me)  so ill post the drone ehen iim back
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

GotNoFans Posted at 5-20 09:14
Hi
I still have not recieved anything yet

We are greatly sorry for the inconvenience. We have urged our team to send it to you. Please kindly note that it's valid for 30 days. Sorry again for this situation.
2022-5-20
Use props
GotNoFans
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you

I am now on board the plane so hopefully the label will arrive whilst I am away.

It would have been time effective to send it to you before leaving, but hey ho   just adds to the disappointment
2022-5-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GotNoFans Posted at 5-20 22:44
Thank you

I am now on board the plane so hopefully the label will arrive whilst I am away.

Sorry to hear about that. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Yo1RJy7jcXks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87477 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-19 19:49

Hi just like to share my experience, i have also experience this although my drone had just taken off and was hovering about 2m off the ground and all props shut off and just dropped to the floor, no damage to mine tho other than a small mark on the back
2022-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Yo1RJy7jcXks Posted at 5-21 11:09
Hi just like to share my experience, i have also experience this although my drone had just taken off and was hovering about 2m off the ground and all props shut off and just dropped to the floor, no damage to mine tho other than a small mark on the back

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. Please check if the 'Emergency Propeller Stop' was set to 'Anytime' and if the control sticks were pushed accidentally. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-5-24
Use props
GotNoFans
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi
I'm on my way back from our trip and will be sending the mini 3 pro off to Holland tomorrow for you to look at it
Do I send everything back to you or just the drone? Do I send the battery if its just the drone?

Thank you
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GotNoFans Posted at 5-29 00:17
Hi
I'm on my way back from our trip and will be sending the mini 3 pro off to Holland tomorrow for you to look at it
Do I send everything back to you or just the drone? Do I send the battery if its just the drone?

Hi, there. We recommend you send the whole combo back, the relevant team will analyze your product after receiving it. Once the result of the damage assessment is known, we will contact you promptly via email. Please pay attention to any emails from DJI Support. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-5-29
Use props
GotNoFans
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I can see that the returned Mini 3 Pro has been delivered successfully in NL, so thank you for your help and guidance

Typically, how long does it take for your experts to look at the drone and let me know the state of play?

Thanks again
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GotNoFans Posted at 6-1 09:34
I can see that the returned Mini 3 Pro has been delivered successfully in NL, so thank you for your help and guidance

Typically, how long does it take for your experts to look at the drone and let me know the state of play?

Hi, there. Could you please tell me your case number and we will help you check it?
2022-6-2
Use props
GotNoFans
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you, its CAS-9138955-S3H8J4
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GotNoFans Posted at 6-2 03:59
Thank you, its CAS-9138955-S3H8J4

Hi, there. After further checks, it takes approx. 5-7 business days to repair your product after arriving at the DJI Service Center, shipment time is not included. You will receive an email notification after each step of the service process is complete. Thank you.
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_4c0Yd57LPUg3
New

Australia

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Suddenly stop in the air when it was doing quickshot and fell down to the ground. 1 leg is broken but the RC screen says ready to fly, nothing is wrong, doesn't detect any damage of the drone . Iam going to repair centre in Sydney today, will keep you posted guys.
Cheers
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_4c0Yd57LPUg3 Posted at 6-21 16:19
Same thing happened to me yesterday. Suddenly stop in the air when it was doing quickshot and fell down to the ground. 1 leg is broken but the RC screen says ready to fly, nothing is wrong, doesn't detect any damage of the drone . Iam going to repair centre in Sydney today, will keep you posted guys.
Cheers

Hi, there. Sorry to hear that. Please let us know if there is any question.
2022-6-22
Use props
Gebakmans
New

Netherlands

Hello,
Mine crashed to the front of our house on the second flight.  I have the drone , the mini 3 pro , a few days and i decided to do a flight today.
After take off the drone crashed to the front of our house. Now it is broken. I bought this drone because if the anti collision sensors.
They did not work this time. After crashing to the ground the propellers keep running and i wounded my finger to turn that drone off.
A lot of damage is done. Is there something wrong with the firmware update?
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gebakmans Posted at 6-22 12:25
Hello,
Mine crashed to the front of our house on the second flight.  I have the drone , the mini 3 pro , a few days and i decided to do a flight today.
After take off the drone crashed to the front of our house. Now it is broken. I bought this drone because if the anti collision sensors.

I am deeply sorry to hear about the accident, Gebakmans. As the drone crashed, please send it back to our service center for further diagnosis.
Please contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case and send the drone back. Data analysis can be processed since the drone is within the warranty period and the corresponding offer will be provided based on the analysis result.
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_zlR8HZGX76aP
New

United States

I had the very same experience today. The DJI Mini 3 Pro was delivered earlier today. I charged the product and RC and on the first flight it crashed into my residence. I thought the obstacle avoidance would have stopped the drone, it did not. Several propellers are damaged as well as the gimbal, which I am now being shown a gimbal motor malfunction warning, and the gimbal hangs crooked.
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_k3ifnP96fd6Q
New

United States

I have a similar issue, but in my case, the power button sunk and there is no way to turn on the drone. I received the product less than two weeks ago and all the excitement i had is now gone!
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_zlR8HZGX76aP Posted at 6-23 18:05
I had the very same experience today. The DJI Mini 3 Pro was delivered earlier today. I charged the product and RC and on the first flight it crashed into my residence. I thought the obstacle avoidance would have stopped the drone, it did not. Several propellers are damaged as well as the gimbal, which I am now being shown a gimbal motor malfunction warning, and the gimbal hangs crooked.

We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Since your drone got crashed, you are advised to contact our team via support@dji.com to open a case and send it back for further testing. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_k3ifnP96fd6Q Posted at 6-23 18:06
I have a similar issue, but in my case, the power button sunk and there is no way to turn on the drone. I received the product less than two weeks ago and all the excitement i had is now gone!

We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further check? You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_k3ifnP96fd6Q
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-23 18:46
We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further check? You could upload them to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.

Here is the requested link: drive.google.com/file/d/1ylPTmQZeC6FeoGrgf0ftSb3prWCeiWib/view?usp=sharing
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_k3ifnP96fd6Q Posted at 6-24 07:31
Here is the requested link: drive.google.com/file/d/1ylPTmQZeC6FeoGrgf0ftSb3prWCeiWib/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the video provided. We are sorry to know about the issue. Please start a case through the link below and send the drone back for diagnosis and repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-6-24
Use props
RebeccaDouglas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 660295 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve flown my Mini 3 Pro 20+ times and tonight it just dropped out of the sky into the sea. I had VLOS on it, it was 17m up and then the RC had a connection issue, I stopped flying and then it started dropping. As the RC linked again, it was showing what I could see, it just dropping into the sea and the video I was recording cut off as it hit the water. I’m in disbelief it just happened. I’ve flown the P4P, MA, Mini 2 and now the Mini 3 Pro & fly it as part of my photography business. Had the PfCO for a couple of years and literally can’t believe this happened tonight!! Is there some fault with these, with so many folk reporting these issues on this thread!?
2022-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RebeccaDouglas Posted at 7-10 14:50
I’ve flown my Mini 3 Pro 20+ times and tonight it just dropped out of the sky into the sea. I had VLOS on it, it was 17m up and then the RC had a connection issue, I stopped flying and then it started dropping. As the RC linked again, it was showing what I could see, it just dropping into the sea and the video I was recording cut off as it hit the water. I’m in disbelief it just happened. I’ve flown the P4P, MA, Mini 2 and now the Mini 3 Pro & fly it as part of my photography business. Had the PfCO for a couple of years and literally can’t believe this happened tonight!! Is there some fault with these, with so many folk reporting these issues on this thread!?

Hi, there. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. As for your case, we suggest contacting us on the following page to start a case first, if there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. If it is confirmed as a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to the aftersales policy. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_w3JVf2aE4Ile
lvl.1

Canada

Same thing append to me, the drone just drop of the sky at 30 meters and it brakes...
2022-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_w3JVf2aE4Ile Posted at 7-24 17:35
Same thing append to me, the drone just drop of the sky at 30 meters and it brakes...

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Did the drone hurt by impact damage? If yes, you are advised to contact us via support@dji.com and report this issue. If you have any doubts about the flight, data analysis for this crash can be applied if the drone is under warranty,
2022-7-24
Use props
fansec526a7b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1959462 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same happended to me twice. Right after starting out of my hand after 2 seconds hovering it felt down like a rock. Very very sad. This never happened with the Mini 2  - what is wrong here? Will there be a firmware update to solve it?
2022-12-10
Use props
Liptux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1024 ft
United States

Can someone share the outcome of the process, please?
Has the drone been repaired? Costs?
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Liptux Posted at 3-2 22:08
Can someone share the outcome of the process, please?
Has the drone been repaired? Costs?

Hi there, you can submit a case through the link below and send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. Our team will send you a quotation based on the damage assessment. You can also refer to the link below. https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2023-3-2
Use props
Liptux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1024 ft
United States

Thanks Mindy, but I would be interessted in customer voices.
I've already started the process with the DJI support.
2023-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Liptux Posted at 3-3 00:21
Thanks Mindy, but I would be interessted in customer voices.
I've already started the process with the DJI support.

You can also check your case status through this link. https://repair.dji.com/trace/sea ... ndsite&from=nav Should you have any further inquiries about your case, please feel free to contact us.
2023-3-3
Use props
yourchoicehouses
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,

Same happened to me today on my first very carefully flight!!! - arm broken, two pair of propellers broken as well as many scratches. Clearly something is wrong.
Something like that after spending almost £1k.
Replacement has been requested and now I waiting for parcel label. I will update you all with next steps and outcome from this strange situation.
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

yourchoicehouses Posted at 4-2 12:11
Hi all,

Same happened to me today on my first very carefully flight!!! - arm broken, two pair of propellers broken as well as many scratches. Clearly something is wrong.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to know about the unfortunate event that happened to your drone. Since you have successfully created a case, you will be received a separate email for the shipping label. Please follow the shipping instruction indicated. You may check the progress of your case using this link https://repair.dji.com/trace/search?lang=en or you may provide your case number (CAS) or Ticket Number for us to further check the status. We're happy to help. Thank you.
2023-4-2
Use props
MSK81
lvl.1
United Kingdom

yourchoicehouses Posted at 4-2 12:11
Hi all,

Same happened to me today on my first very carefully flight!!! - arm broken, two pair of propellers broken as well as many scratches. Clearly something is wrong.

Just a follow up with updates:

Package with my drone posted 03/06/2023, and delivered to DJI 06/04/2023.

Let see how long will take to asses the issue.

More updates will follow shortly (hopefuly), for now I will watch how other people enjoing them drones on YT.
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

MSK81 Posted at 4-6 02:01
Just a follow up with updates:

Package with my drone posted 03/06/2023, and delivered to DJI 06/04/2023.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. May I have the case number (CAS) or ticket number for this transaction? I'll look into the details and check for the latest updates. Thank you.
2023-4-6
Use props
MSK81
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 4-6 09:59
Hi. Thank you for reaching out. May I have the case number (CAS) or ticket number for this transaction? I'll look into the details and check for the latest updates. Thank you.

All has been sorted, but thanks anyway.
2023-4-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules