27731 49 2022-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pieterbot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358123 ft
Belgium

Hi

I now have my Mini 3 pro a couple of days now, after some testing in the backyard for checking and adjusting some videosettings, I noticed something strange when I wanted to look at the footage. The problem is that if I want to watch it on my pc (Windows 10), via Films and TV, or photos or the Windows Media Player it either displays a black screen or it spits out an error saying that the codec is incompatible. When I want to import the footage into Davinci Resolve 17, it does't state the video as recognisable and basically nothing happens.

I discovered that the problem has something to do with the colorprofiles. When put in Normal mode it's all working properly, but when I put the camera in D-cinelike mode the problem shows up when I try to do anything with the footage.

Anyone any sugestions on how this could be? Maybe there's still a firmware update coming for properly supporing D-cinelike?
Thanks in advance for answering.

Pieter
2022-5-20
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

I think is CODEC related since D cinelike files from Mini 3 Pro are now 10 bit.Try installing VLC media player, is free, and see if it play the files.
2022-5-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried VLC media player?  Seems it has a lot  more compatibility.  

UPDATE:  Should have read all the posts before I replied as it appears Post 2 already mentioned VLC media player.  

2022-5-20
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-20 14:02
Try installing VLC media player, is free, and see if it play the files.

Yeah forgot to tell that, I could play it on VLC but then again, I can't import it or play it on other media. I also tried converting it, but that didn't help.
2022-5-20
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

I think is CODEC related since D cinelike files from Mini 3 Pro are now 10 bit.Try installing VLC media player, is free, and see if it play the files.

VLC was able to play it.
2022-5-20
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

pieterbot Posted at 5-20 14:05
Yeah forgot to tell that, I could play it on VLC but then again, I can't import it or play it on other media. I also tried converting it, but that didn't help.

You need to install HVEC codec to play H.265 10 bit files.
You can install it from here:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store ... 6VHQ?hl=en-us&gl=US
2022-5-20
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-20 14:10
You need to install HVEC codec to play 10 bit files.
You can install it from here:

I installed it but it looks like it is still not working.
Maybe it is the one I found when I searched it myself? (see screenshot)

2022-5-20
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

pieterbot Posted at 5-20 14:26
I installed it but it looks like it is still not working.
Maybe it is the one I found when I searched it myself? (see screenshot)

Yes that one will do it. I think it worth the 0.99€.  That one is what i have installed on my PC.
2022-5-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

pieterbot Posted at 5-20 14:05
Yeah forgot to tell that, I could play it on VLC but then again, I can't import it or play it on other media. I also tried converting it, but that didn't help.

You can convert the video using VideoProc converter which is a free download. I had to do that for the videos from the Autel Lite+ in H265. Had to convert every video.
2022-5-20
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

Suren Posted at 5-20 23:48
You can convert the video using VideoProc converter which is a free download. I had to do that for the videos from the Autel Lite+ in H265. Had to convert every video.

I don't use H265, would that make a difference? And should I switch?
2022-5-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My D Cine footage wouldn't play,  but I pulled it into Final Cut Pro and it was fine.   
2022-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You can try to use different players to open it such as KMPlayer、Potplayer、PR to see if it works.
2022-5-21
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

I think I found the problem with Davinci Resolve. The free version only supports 8 bit, and the studio version aka the paid version would support 10 bit color. Could this be relatable to the D-cinelike fromat because it uses 10 bit color now on the DJI mini 3 pro? I assume then that the "normal" color profile on the drone uses 8 bit because I can import that footage no problem.
2022-5-21
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

sorry forgot the picture
2022-5-21
Use props
SecretFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2521522 ft
United Kingdom

Having same problem with D-Cinelike videos from Mini 3 not working on Windows in Film & TV and Windows Media Player apps. They play in VLC but I've found high res vids can be a bit jittery in that app so prefer to use FIlm & TV for quick reviewing.

I also have Air2s, and Film & TV has no problems playing its 10 bit videos.
2022-6-20
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

Oh thats's interesting...
2022-6-20
Use props
Mini3Valencia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26913 ft
United States

Keep us updated. I’m an Apple guy and my iPad Pro supports 10 bit video but I can’t view or use in Adobe Rush. It’s early in the game so hopefully things will change as we get updated codecs.
2022-6-26
Use props
djiuser_kg9K72psJuXY
lvl.1

United States

I am trying to download video files directly to my iPhone 10 but receive the following message:

Unable to download video recorded using H 264 codec on a 10 bit profile. Connect to computer to export.

Anyone aware of how to fix this?  I haven’t been able to find anything on the net.

I do all my editing on my phone. This would be a major bummer to the usefulness and ease of this drone if you can’t download directly to your iPhone.
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_kg9K72psJuXY
lvl.1

United States

Mini3Valencia Posted at 6-26 18:57
Keep us updated. I’m an Apple guy and my iPad Pro supports 10 bit video but I can’t view or use in Adobe Rush. It’s early in the game so hopefully things will change as we get updated codecs.
Is this drone not compatible with Apple products?

I’m having an issue.

Can’t download directly to my iPhone.
2022-7-3
Use props
SJ64
lvl.1
India

I could not import the 10-Bit H.264 D Cinelike files into DaVinchi Resolve as I get the "Media Offline" error. The files do not play via "Quicktime" on my iMac; however, another player "Elmedia" plays it flawlessly.

I switched to H.265 D Cinelike and it works like a charm on my iMac and DaVinchi Resolve 17.

I am not sure where the problem lies; but at least the D Cinelike footage is usable when encoded in H.265.

Cheers
2022-7-5
Use props
Flynguy
New
Flight distance : 20531 ft
United States

Same same.  Have downloaded everything up until selecting D-cinelike … now cannot import to phone or iPad.  Following, for someone smarter than me to find a solution for an apple guy . I ‘could’ use a MacBook Pro, but it’s not my standard carry device when I travel, just the iPad Pro and iPhone.
2022-7-6
Use props
MD90117
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80709 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem, what good is this drone if you can't play the videos. This program likes it, this one doesn't, this phone will open it this one won't.
I have bought a drone that has no purpose. WTH...
2022-7-7
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

If you set the colorprofile in "normal", normally you can play it because that's just 8 bit. But ofcourse then you lose dynamic range by not being able to film in D-cinelike.
2022-7-7
Use props
MD90117
lvl.1
United States

10 bit color is why you bought the drone. I have many 10 bit color cameras and have no problem.
2022-7-7
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Belgium

I just checked if the problem is still not fixed, but it looks like it is. I shot D-cinelike footage and I could watch it with the standard video player of Windows 11. I could also import the footage into Davinci Resolve without any problems and it still shows that it is 10 bit footage. The difference with the original situation is that I updated the firmware of the DJI mini 3 pro. (v01.00.0201)
2022-7-7
Use props
djiuser_cJB7i48iHyKc
New

United States

djiuser_kg9K72psJuXY Posted at 7-3 08:11
I am trying to download video files directly to my iPhone 10 but receive the following message:

Unable to download video recorded using H 264 codec on a 10 bit profile. Connect to computer to export.

I'm having the same issue. I can't download the video to the DJI app or my iphone. Has anyone figured out what the problem is because I want to shoot my videos in D Cinelike but if I can't download it what's the point.
2022-7-8
Use props
MD90117
lvl.1
United States

Ok I have a problem. I’m sure it is user error, but I can’t find a solution.

Mini 3 pro; I cannot play any of the video that comes off this drone. I’ve tried the normal mode, dcinilike in 264, 265, 4k, 2.7k, 1080P and every combination you can think of, and still no video. You can see the file, file date, and file size but will not play.

Windows video player, video TV, and various other players with no luck. If I open with VLC player that has the traffic cone as an icon, the video plays but that is it.

I even tried loading it into Davinci (free version) but all get there is a red box saying media offline???? I have no problem buying the pay version of Davinci if I know it will work, but this drone is a pain in the A#$.

Go get the mavic air and use it, no problems….

What is it with this little bird.

2022-7-9
Use props
MD90117
lvl.1
United States

Ok I have the same problem. I’m sure it is user error, but I can’t find a solution.
Mini 3 pro; I cannot play any of the video that comes off this drone. I’ve tried the normal mode, dcinilike in 264, 265, 4k, 2.7k, 1080P and every combination you can think of, and still no video. You can see the file, file date, and file size but will not play.
Windows video player, video TV, and various other players with no luck. If I open with VLC player that has the traffic cone as an icon, the video plays but that is it.
I even tried loading it into Davinci (free version) but all get there is a red box saying media offline???? I have no problem buying the pay version of Davinci if I know it will work, but this drone is a pain in the A#$.
Go get the mavic air and use it, no problems….
What is it with this little bird.
2022-7-9
Use props
Will97
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey everyone, as SJ64 pointed out if you switch to h.265 with D Cinelike files seem to load up fine. No idea why this is. Personally, I'm a mac user on a 2019 16" MPB and this seemed to work even with QuickTime veiwer. If I pulled the h.264 D Cinelike footage into After Effects it will read and you can edit from there. A little bit of a pain but hope this helps everyone
2022-7-10
Use props
USA Drone Flyer
lvl.2

United States

Have kinda the same issue with some files from today that seem to be corrupted. Flying the Mini 3 Pro and some files worked and other did not as you can see on the screen shot attached.
Pink is showing on some (those are in 264 D Cinelike)and others are Quick Shots.   They were shot in 4K30. But it's funny, when I transfer to cache' on Dji RC they have no issues.  Just the files on the SD card (SanDisk Extreme 64GB 30 3) are showing this when I try to transfer to CPU, Any Ideas? 1st time this happened. Works perfect in normal mode.
Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 8.07.37 PM.png
2022-7-17
Use props
rjohnt80
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same issue with the error messages.. I can play the videos on my mobile (S22) in quick transfer mode but not download them, it says to connect to a computer. If I put the files on my laptop, connect my phone and copy them over, my phone then won't play them. My laptop won't play them unless I import them to Premiere Pro then they'll play. Pain in the back side!
2022-8-11
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

I also have this problem, not being able to download the D-cinelike footage to my iPad nor iPhone, has a fix for this been found?
2022-9-9
Use props
KieranKingsroad
New

United Kingdom

Billy.RKV Posted at 9-9 14:09
I also have this problem, not being able to download the D-cinelike footage to my iPad nor iPhone, has a fix for this been found?

Same problem on downloading to phone. It has worked previously a few times but just stopped today annoyingly.
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_O0K7nCGsXUxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57270 ft
United States

Yes this sucks. I have the same problem. I don’t think they are going to fix it.
2022-11-16
Use props
djiuser_zhaey1Z0U7FC
New

United States

pieterbot Posted at 5-21 02:16
[view_image]
sorry forgot the picture

Hello, did you ever figure it out? Thank you
2022-11-18
Use props
Ethan Leong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1396926 ft
Singapore

2022-12-2
Use props
AK_90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3152241 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys literally answered yourselves in this thread and you still can’t seem to figure it out this is funny.
2022-12-10
Use props
Wessconnors
New

Canada

Flynguy Posted at 7-6 07:04
Same same.  Have downloaded everything up until selecting D-cinelike … now cannot import to phone or iPad.  Following, for someone smarter than me to find a solution for an apple guy . I ‘could’ use a MacBook Pro, but it’s not my standard carry device when I travel, just the iPad Pro and iPhone.

I am extremely annoyed with this issue to the point I feel like taking the drone back and return it.

Changing it to 265 I was able to download it but so jittery it’s unusable.

This is 100% advertised as download to iPhone. Yet non stop issues even using a iPad Pro

This is taking all the fun out of the purchase
2022-12-15
Use props
LT56-DV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 594521 ft
United States

I'm not sure if its the latest firmware that did it, but I can't seem to play this on anything except my Macbook Pro

I have a Windows 11 Computer with HEVC .265 extensions - Doesn't play (did not try Premiere Pro, shouldn't have to if I have the extensions right)? WIth HDR and HDR monitors at 10bit.

Cannot even download these videos from the Mini Pro 3 to the Iphone 14 Pro Max or Ipad Pro (M1) that I have.

Seems a bit ridiculous that D-Cinelike would have this issue?
EDIT: Going back now and checking -- the issue maybe that my D-Cinelike stopped being a default for a while (now going back to understand when) - Either way, with Iphone capable of Dolby Vision (same with Ipad Pros I forget from which gen on) how is it that D-Cine cannot be downloaded? I really don't want to record in none 10bit just for a fast download and post.

EDIT 2 : Scratch that D-Cine doesn't work on anything "standard"
2022-12-27
Use props
fans39d9fe96
New

United States

I had the same problem: Even with Microsoft H.265 installed: Add files from DJI to Davinci Resolve didn't work after changing recording to D-Cinelike, but playing fine with my Video player MPC-HC.

BUT: It was a H.264 recording!!! Now I changed to H.265 D-Cinelike on my DJI Drone: Now the files are accepted in Davinci Resolve perfectly! :-)))
2023-1-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules