QuickTransfer won't connect to OnePlus 7 Pro
2695 34 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eiz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58136 ft
Germany

I tried to use QuickTransfer between my Mini 3 Pro and OnePlus 7 Pro but I always get a message saying that the aircraft is already connected to another mobile device. I should restart the aircraft and try again. But that does not help at all.

The RC controller is turned off while trying to connect.

What can I do to make QuickTransfer work? I already tried to reinstall the app on my smartphone, which didn't help.

I do of course have the latest firmware on the Mini 3 as well as the latest version of the DJI Fly App.

Thanks

2022-5-22
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

See attached, weirdly not possible with the RC controller, see attached, Read the manual.
Screenshot_20220522-210050_Drive.jpg
2022-5-22
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn off the DJI RC
2022-5-22
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

Wiz33 Posted at 5-22 11:45
Turn off the DJI RC

This doesn't work.

I have the same problem as OP.

I tried to connect my Pixel 6 Pro and my Xiaomi Pad 5, and each time I get the message that the Mini 3 is already connected to another device (though the RC remote is turned off).

This is annoying as I was hoping to transfert the files on my tablet to edit the photos during my holidays.
2022-5-22
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

neodraig Posted at 5-22 15:04
This doesn't work.

So you see a device name "DJI-MINI3-PRO-XXXX" in your phone's BT setting but could not connect? It worked on an iPhone in the video below around the 8:50 mark. He also mentioned something that Android 10 cannot handle 4K Quick transfer but it worked on Android 11 and up. Can't confirm since I do not have an Android phone.

2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there eiz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the result will be different. Upon checking the mobile devices ( OnePlus 7 Pro ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile devices is not recommended for the DJI Fly application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 7 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on your DJI Mini 3 Pro. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-5-22
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-22 21:42
Hello there eiz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the result will be different. Upon checking the mobile devices ( OnePlus 7 Pro ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile devices is not recommended for the DJI Fly application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 7 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on your DJI Mini 3 Pro. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

I tried with my Google Pixel 6 Pro and my Xiaomi Pad 5 and it doesn't work either.
We're talking about transferring the files from the drone using the quick transfert feature of the DJI fly app, not flying the drone as we use the RC remote.
So what are the compatibility issues your talking about. What are the "recommended mobiles" we should use ?
2022-5-23
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

neodraig Posted at 5-22 15:04
This doesn't work.

Q.
2022-5-23
Use props
neodraig
lvl.3
France

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 5-23 12:41
PLEASE READ MY POST OR REFER TO THE DJI MANUAL. THE mini 3 pro RC doe's not have QUICK TRANSFER.

Yes I had already read your post BUT I don't want to make a quick transfert with the RC remote, I want to do it with my phone or tablet.

From the manual :

2022-5-23
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neodraig Posted at 5-23 13:21
Yes I had already read your post BUT I don't want to make a quick transfert with the RC remote, I want to do it with my phone or tablet.

From the manual :

Okay just thinking out aloud, your Mini 3 pro is using the DJI Fly app in the new RC controller, you are trying to connect to the aircraft via a mobile with DJI fly, surely the aircraft knows its wifi and bluetooth are software linked to the RC and hence won't recognise any other device trying to connect its wifi / bluetooth. Food for thought ?
2022-5-24
Use props
simistef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2142267 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Same problem for me on iPhone 12 pro. Tried the quick transfer and asked me to push and hold the power button. Doing this I turned off the drone....next time I tried to connect I instantly receive this message as OP.

DJI RC is off during the process
2022-5-24
Use props
eiz
lvl.1
Germany

Well, today I wanted to try it once again and got my hopes up when the DJI Fly App reported a new available app version. But the problem persists of course...
Anyone else got any news, fixes or workarounds?
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249249 ft
United States

I, personally, have to turn the phone on AIRPLANE MODE, and then turn on WiFi and Bluetooth.  In other words, make sure CELLULAR is off.  It works ever time.  If cellular is on, however, it won't work, sometimes won't even connect.  There appears to be a software bug (I use IOS).
2022-6-11
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doesn't work with the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
2022-6-11
Use props
eiz
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN Posted at 6-11 08:51
I, personally, have to turn the phone on AIRPLANE MODE, and then turn on WiFi and Bluetooth.  In other words, make sure CELLULAR is off.  It works ever time.  If cellular is on, however, it won't work, sometimes won't even connect.  There appears to be a software bug (I use IOS).

OK, yesterday I fiddled around a little bit.
I tried your suggestion to turn on airplane mode, respectively turn off cellular and somehow eventually got it to work. But I could not reproduce it all the time.
Today I tried again and I think I found a way that works for me. As a reminder: I'm using a OnePlus 7 Pro, so an Android device with the latest firmware.

At some point in my trial and error phase there were two wifi networks named "DJI Mini 3 Pro" (or something like that) in my phones wifi list. The DJI Fly app tried to connect to one of them which I removed from the list.
I am now able to use quick transfer by doing the following steps:
1. turn on the drone
2. connect to the drones wifi manually via Android (the one that remained after deleting the other)
3. open DJI Fly app and connect to drone

I don't even have to turn off cellular or turn on airplane mode.
2022-6-11
Use props
LewisLebentz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401119 ft
United Kingdom

eiz Posted at 6-11 22:48
OK, yesterday I fiddled around a little bit.
I tried your suggestion to turn on airplane mode, respectively turn off cellular and somehow eventually got it to work. But I could not reproduce it all the time.
Today I tried again and I think I found a way that works for me. As a reminder: I'm using a OnePlus 7 Pro, so an Android device with the latest firmware.

what password do you use on the WiFi connection? Was going to try this but it's locked
2022-6-17
Use props
LewisLebentz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm using a OnePlus 9 Pro on Android 12, and cannot get it to connect either, always get stuck on the press power button screen. Did a software update on the Mini 3 Pro yesterday and updated the APK too, still no luck. Pretty disappointed at this
2022-6-17
Use props
eiz
lvl.1
Germany

LewisLebentz Posted at 6-17 05:39
what password do you use on the WiFi connection? Was going to try this but it's locked

I don't know why and how, but at some point the DJI Fly App showed the password when trying to activate quick transfer
2022-6-17
Use props
fansc97fce77
lvl.2
Ireland

neodraig Posted at 5-23 01:14
I tried with my Google Pixel 6 Pro and my Xiaomi Pad 5 and it doesn't work either.
We're talking about transferring the files from the drone using the quick transfert feature of the DJI fly app, not flying the drone as we use the RC remote.
So what are the compatibility issues your talking about. What are the "recommended mobiles" we should use ?

My Pixel 6 Pro works not problem with Quick Transfer from the Mini 3 pro with Dji RC switched off
2022-6-17
Use props
LewisLebentz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So it eventually worked on my OnePlus 9 Pro after putting it in airplane mode and turning on Wi-Fi/Bluetooth afterwards. After that it no longer required airplane mode to be on, just for the initial connection. Everything was working fine, then I updated the drone yesterday evening and today I've tried a QuickTransfer and it's back to being broken again. Not even airplane mode fixes it now, it either times out or thinks the controller is connected. I've tried restarting the drone multiple times but no luck.
2022-6-19
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LewisLebentz Posted at 6-19 13:19
So it eventually worked on my OnePlus 9 Pro after putting it in airplane mode and turning on Wi-Fi/Bluetooth afterwards. After that it no longer required airplane mode to be on, just for the initial connection. Everything was working fine, then I updated the drone yesterday evening and today I've tried a QuickTransfer and it's back to being broken again. Not even airplane mode fixes it now, it either times out or thinks the controller is connected. I've tried restarting the drone multiple times but no luck.

I am now having the same issue with a fully supported iPAD Pro,
Worked perfectly until this evening.
I was having issues with multiple videos being transferred with current date/time, instead of date/time video taken.
Deleted and re-installed the DJI Fly, and that’s the last time QuickTransfer has worked.
Reloaded the firmware on the M3P, restarted multiple times, logged out/in, all to no avail.

Really annoying that DJI no longer has a full reset on recent drones.

2022-6-20
Use props
LewisLebentz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Not flown for a while, went for a fly today so did all the updates. Got home and thought I'd try this out again.

DJI, how can QuickTransfer STILL be broken? It's not worked correctly once (aside from a crap workaround, that only worked briefly) since launch.

It does work fine on iOS have no issues on my iPad. Please fix this!
2022-7-20
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I sometimes get it to work,  but more often than not it fails using my iPAD Pro.
Quite appalling that DJI cannot get this to work reliably.
If all we have is the RC controller, there is no other way of getting processed panoramas etc. off the drone.
Come on DJI come up with a reliable way of getting footage off M3P drones.
2022-7-20
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

With my Oneplus 8 Pro Quick transfer is working but the speed is 1-2mo/s.

I know this phone is not on the DJI list but it's just for a BT communication I don't understand, should work normally
2022-7-20
Use props
LewisLebentz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

@DJI please can we have an update on this, still not working on the supposedly supported OnePlus 9 Pro...
2022-8-9
Use props
Dams75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131562 ft
France

Same issue here with Pixel 6

Was working from begining but broke at the same time as august Google Play update that made DJI Fly crash at startup.
Manage to use DJI Fly again after getting beta version from DJI but Quicktransfer is unusable since (aircraft is already connected to another mobile device).
Really annoying issue
2022-8-21
Use props
eiz
lvl.1
Germany

Didn't use the drone for a while and now its broken again. This is so ridiculously pathetic
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

eiz Posted at 5-26 09:54
Didn't use the drone for a while and now its broken again. This is so ridiculously pathetic

Hi, eiz. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We want to help you resolve your concern. Can you confirm what specific issue are you currently experiencing with your drone? Is it still the QuickTransfer issue? We'll be waiting for your response. Thank you.
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_gQRU6Or2oN86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51965 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-5-22 21:42
Hello there eiz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the result will be different. Upon checking the mobile devices ( OnePlus 7 Pro ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile devices is not recommended for the DJI Fly application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 7 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on your DJI Mini 3 Pro. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

I did not see the need to have a specific phone in order to fly a Mini3 Pro stated when I bought the drone! ! Funny that.....
2023-5-27
Use props
djiuser_gQRU6Or2oN86
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mini3 pro + DJI RC. Pixel 6a.

All has worked fine for a month then got message saying more than one mobile device connected. Noticed two DJI WiFi connections on phone, deleted one. Drone still flies as normal but quick transfer nolonger works. Tried various things but still not working. Any suggestions guys?
2023-5-28
Use props
djiuser_gQRU6Or2oN86
lvl.1
United Kingdom

All has worked fine for a month then got message saying more than one mobile device connected. Noticed two DJI WiFi connections on phone, deleted one. Drone still flies as normal but quick transfer nolonger works. Tried various things but still not working. Any suggestions guys?
2023-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_gQRU6Or2oN86 Posted at 5-28 00:03

All has worked fine for a month then got message saying more than one mobile device connected. Noticed two DJI WiFi connections on phone, deleted one. Drone still flies as normal but quick transfer nolonger works. Tried various things but still not working. Any suggestions guys?

Hi there. We're sorry the issue remains. After disconnecting the other connection, what error message are you getting when it fails to connect? Please keep us updated. Thank you.
2023-5-28
Use props
Dude Lebowsky
New
Flight distance : 3570 ft
Germany

Dear DJI,
I have the same Problem with the Samsung S23 Ultra (Android 13).
The controller switched off.
DJI Flight App Version 1.10.1.
Tried several reinstallations of Android App, also restarted drone and phone…
(Also tried Aeroplane Mode)
The App always shows "Connection failed – already connected some other device…"
Please help.
Thanks in Advance.
2023-6-11
Use props
Dude Lebowsky
New
Flight distance : 3570 ft
Germany

Dude Lebowsky Posted at 6-11 23:13
Dear DJI,
I have the same Problem with the Samsung S23 Ultra (Android 13).
The controller switched off.

Dear all,
At least i found the problem! I use an adblocker (adgaurd) on Android.
This must be disabled to establish a QuickTransfer connextion!
2023-6-12
Use props
Bushcat69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14701 ft

Switzerland

Dude Lebowsky Posted at 6-12 00:18
Dear all,
At least i found the problem! I use an adblocker (adgaurd) on Android.
This must be disabled to establish a QuickTransfer connextion!

You don't need to disable it, just add DJI Fly App to the whitelist in Adguard

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 497&pid=3045478
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 344&pid=3049648

2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules