8864 117 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have purchased several DJI products in the past though never any of the previous DJI Mini drones, I was really ready to place my order after watching the initial reviews on YouTube though non of them mentioned anything about issues with the signal. Not that interested in range really though would expect 700m to 1200m without any issue

I'm worried about the signal strength starting to drop, looking on the forums people loosing signal from 200 meters more often at 500 meters

I'm hoping this is a firmware glitch though I wont be parting with money i until I can see something from DJI

Last point anyone that does have the drone must email DJI support
2022-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I should have said I don’t expect DJI to announce that there was issue with their firmware I just hope there is and in the next realise we can all smile
2022-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quite a few satisfield customers out there already for the Mini3, if the published videos are anything to go by.
2022-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-22 04:44
Quite a few satisfield customers out there already for the Mini3, if the published videos are anything to go by.

That’s true, just watch a couple of excellent videos from their mini 3
2022-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-22 04:45
That’s true, just watch a couple of excellent videos from their mini 3

Encouraging, isn't it
2022-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-22 05:05
Encouraging, isn't it

As long as I don’t see any other issue with people only being 200 meters away and getting disconnected
2022-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 5-22 07:20
As long as I don’t see any other issue with people only being 200 meters away and getting disconnected

That can happen with any drone if there is interference.
2022-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-22 07:26
That can happen with any drone if there is interference.

Not that close

I have 4 DJI drones that can be flown behind me at 200 meters
2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

They try to cover the garbage...
O3 in Mini3 is pure trash...exactly...pure trash...
Another people say because CE is lower in power...BULLSHT ! Nano from Autel is same CE and flies 1.5km away, no issues, but this release of MINI 3 is dead after 400m in same area...
SO IS NOT ABOUT CE OR URBAN NOISE...IS ABOUT YOUR TRASH DJI ! YOUR ...TY SIGNAL REDUCED TO 0 !
2022-5-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-22 07:46
Another people say because CE is lower in power...BULLSHT ! Nano from Autel is same CE and flies 1.5km away, no issues, but this release of MINI 3 is dead after 400m in same area...

If you have such a low opinion of DJI drones, how come you have so many of them in your hangar?
I count five on your profile.
2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Blériot53 Posted at 5-22 07:54
If you have such a low opinion of DJI drones, how come you have so many of them in your hangar?
I count five on your profile.

I don't have low opinions on any drones....I express my opinion related to negative points of any drone I have...because costs money and is not for free...
Also Autel have some issues posted...as they also have garbage under carpet...
Maybe they fix it...
2022-5-22
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well another video from Hong Kong using V01.00.0100 firmware where the Mini2 managed 3.5km while the Mi3P managed 3.8km on the same route and some 4K60 10bit D-Cinelike videos. He also mentioned that he was having some slow reaponse or app freeze of the DJI-RC which was resolved after DJI support told him to refresh the firmware using DJI assistant 2.

2022-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

From what I’ve seen and heard, it sounds like its more likely your environment thats causing the problem. I’ve seen tests one day 500m next day 3000m this is a real clue that interference is causing the problem “not the drone” or RC.

Show us a video comparing nano in the same location. There are many videos around showing complete failure of video transmission on nano so comparing this drone is no good. O3 is excellent in M3 so no reason it wouldn’t be any different in mini 3.

Post a test video and stop comparing ridiculous you tube videos that suit your cause.
Once again even in urban areas good steady signal with absolutely no video downlink dropouts.

2022-5-22
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this more of a CE problem as there are now quite a few video from Hong Kong with the Mi3P being flown out to almost 4km
2022-5-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am very pleased with mine and also the Range.... Why are you so aggressive ... Calm down old boy
2022-5-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-22 09:23
Is this more of a CE problem as there are now quite a few video from Hong Kong with the Mi3P being flown out to almost 4km

No real problem in CE from those that have one and know what they are doing
2022-5-22
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-22 10:10
No real problem in CE from those that have one and know what they are doing

That's very dismissive to be honest. Youtubers like DC Rainmaker have commented on the poor signal of the drone even in clear areas at times. I wouldn't enter a thread with people having problems with video, file transfer etc and make a comment about them not "knowing what they're doing". If you are happy with your drone then I'm happy for you, don't patronise people working through issues.
2022-5-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyBoo Posted at 5-22 10:15
That's very dismissive to be honest. Youtubers like DC Rainmaker have commented on the poor signal of the drone even in clear areas at times. I wouldn't enter a thread with people having problems with video, file transfer etc and make a comment about them not "knowing what they're doing". If you are happy with your drone then I'm happy for you, don't patronise people working through issues.

If you read many of my posts I have tried to help people. I am just fed up with a loads of people who havn't bought the drone banging on how bad it is when it isnt.
Its like telling every one what foor there should be at the Party and they aint sodding going
2022-5-22
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-22 10:37
If you read many of my posts I have tried to help people. I am just fed up with a loads of people who havn't bought the drone banging on how bad it is when it isnt.
Its like telling every one what foor there should be at the Party and they aint sodding going

You started a different thread called "great range debate" People are gonna debate. There is a lot of talk out there about signal issues from people obviously flying the drone (myself included) that is making potential buyers nervous. If you don't want to debate this particular issue then don't.
2022-5-22
Use props
NewToy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

FlyBoo Posted at 5-22 10:15
That's very dismissive to be honest. Youtubers like DC Rainmaker have commented on the poor signal of the drone even in clear areas at times. I wouldn't enter a thread with people having problems with video, file transfer etc and make a comment about them not "knowing what they're doing". If you are happy with your drone then I'm happy for you, don't patronise people working through issues.

Its rainmaker,constantly looking at the camera and not watching what true direction the remote is being pointed.Take it or leave it.
2022-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you read many of my posts I have tried to help people. I am just fed up with a loads of people who havn't bought the drone banging on how bad it is when it isnt.
Its like telling every one what foor there should be at the Party and they aint sodding going

I’m sure on the video you posted earlier today you lost signal at 200 meters because the drone was behind you?
2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-22 10:08
I am very pleased with mine and also the Range.... Why are you so aggressive ... Calm down old boy

When you pay more than 1000 usd for a drone that says "urban area 1.5-3km range in hard environment", and in a small populated area you get between 300-400 m, at 400m being impossible to use it as the video is scrambled, allow me to be less happier than you.
And if you are happy with this range, go for it, leave the forum and be happy, don't stay here in order to ruin your happiness...We have more self respect for us to demand what the dealer DJI promised, and not be satisfied with any bones they throw to us.
2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-22 09:10
From what I’ve seen and heard, it sounds like its more likely your environment thats causing the problem. I’ve seen tests one day 500m next day 3000m this is a real clue that interference is causing the problem “not the drone” or RC.

Show us a video comparing nano in the same location. There are many videos around showing complete failure of video transmission on nano so comparing this drone is no good. O3 is excellent in M3 so no reason it wouldn’t be any different in mini 3.

Does this look to you as URBAN area? Is on shore of sea, man...water reflects signal and bounce it, is well known...Let's see what happens when he flies to the city, not far from it.
Why did it fly parallel to city, on shore?...This is manipulation....low one, as we can see where was flying.
I will post a video if wind drops....at 400 meters, signal is gone, direct orientation to drone, visible sight.
And is mid density urban, as a lot of houses or buildings without routers, no big towers in order to have strong noise...
2022-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-22 22:47
Does this look to you as URBAN area?  Is on shore of sea, man...water reflects signal and bounce it, is well known...Let's see what happens when he flies to the city, not far from it.
Why did it fly parallel to city, on shore?...This is manipulation....low one, as we can see where was flying.
I will post a video if wind drops....at 400 meters, signal is gone, direct orientation to drone, visible sight.

I know the area he is flying in and also other areas he flys in. This is a city and a pretty highly densely populated as most of UK is.

If you’re posting a video you need to use more than one drone because you are saying autel avoids the signal O3 is useless then its this you need to show. I know that flying my drones interference shows up in all drones in similar spots, I know in some situations flying higher we can avoid this interference.
2022-5-22
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The issue for me is when we saw the launch videos on Youtube no body mentioned signal as being issue, people on the forum are concerned even if they have made the purchase and have the drone in hand or are sitting on the fence hoping firmware can fix the issue

In fact you had posted yourself you lost signal at 200 meters when the drone was behind you!

I'm really interested in placing my order though could do with hearing from DJI, is it because the antenna are in the controller, is it interference from wifi, mobiles, metal objects ect

See what happens this week

2022-5-22
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-22 23:21
I know the area he is flying in and also other areas he flys in. This is a city and a pretty highly densely populated as most of UK is.

If you’re posting a video you need to use more than one drone because you are saying autel avoids the signal O3 is useless then its this you need to show. I know that flying my drones interference shows up in all drones in similar spots, I know in some situations flying higher we can avoid this interference.

You have already the tests for Nano and Mini 2/3 posted...Look again.
2022-5-23
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have one.  And from a range/signal point of view, it is quite poor compared to its predecessor, the Mini 2.

Delighted yours is working well for you.  Mine is not living up to expectation, which means I'm debating on its future.  If I thought a firmware fix would fix it, I'll happily wait.  However, I have a nagging doubt that it is the antenna design in the aircraft, and no firmware will resolve that.

Given the demand for these currently, I reckon I could sell this one on for the same (or more) as I paid for it, but I need to make my mind up in the next week or so...
2022-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

TheBoy Posted at 5-23 04:48
I have one.  And from a range/signal point of view, it is quite poor compared to its predecessor, the Mini 2.

Delighted yours is working well for you.  Mine is not living up to expectation, which means I'm debating on its future.  If I thought a firmware fix would fix it, I'll happily wait.  However, I have a nagging doubt that it is the antenna design in the aircraft, and no firmware will resolve that.

And for those getting good signal how’d you explain their antenna design ?
2022-5-23
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-23 04:57
And for those getting good signal how’d you explain their antenna design ?

As I've repeatedly said, the signal is inconsistent.  I have easily achieved beyond VLOS, yet at other times, getting stuttery/frozen video feed and disconnections well within VLOS.

The Mini 2, by comparison, is pretty much rock solid at any height within any distance that could be classed as VLOS, in any kind of hostile signal area.

Frequently, sadly, the Mini 3 can barely match the Mavic Mini 1's range.
2022-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

TheBoy Posted at 5-23 05:17
As I've repeatedly said, the signal is inconsistent.  I have easily achieved beyond VLOS, yet at other times, getting stuttery/frozen video feed and disconnections well within VLOS.

The Mini 2, by comparison, is pretty much rock solid at any height within any distance that could be classed as VLOS, in any kind of hostile signal area.

So you believe the interference is consistent but the RC radio is not, and RC-N1 is also not. That beggars belief and shows a lack of knowledge on your part as to how signal and interference work.

2022-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would love to see this, if anyone is in or near the Norfolk / Suffolk border, please shout me to have a meet up, I really want to see what's going on, thanks.
2022-5-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

coming out of the factory, the rc screen is mostly tuned correctly but it appears some of them coming from the factory are horribly out of tune.
2022-5-23
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-23 05:59
So you believe the interference is consistent but the RC radio is not, and RC-N1 is also not. That beggars belief and shows a lack of knowledge on your part as to how signal and interference work.

The point I was making was a comparison between how consistent the signal and range is on the Mini 2 most of the time, compared to how inconsistent the Mini 3 is in the same areas.  This was done in simplistic, repeatable manor, and based upon my own results, not hearsay, or what the bloke down the pub heard.  This is honest results from somebody with integrity, not from a DJI fanboi or anyone with a grudge.  Simple, honest posts so that those considering the Mini 3 can make an informed decision, and those (many, many, many) who already have one who are suffering the same problem know they are not alone, and we can discuss if we can find solutions.

I find your reply quite aggressive, but am old enough and thick skinned enough not to worry too much. If you want to post up your professional training and qualifications in RF and microwave transmission, feel free to do so, and I will post up mine.  Then we can decide who has what knowledge
2022-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

TheBoy Posted at 5-23 06:23
The point I was making was a comparison between how consistent the signal and range is on the Mini 2 most of the time, compared to how inconsistent the Mini 3 is in the same areas.  This was done in simplistic, repeatable manor, and based upon my own results, not hearsay, or what the bloke down the pub heard.  This is honest results from somebody with integrity, not from a DJI fanboi or anyone with a grudge.  Simple, honest posts so that those considering the Mini 3 can make an informed decision, and those (many, many, many) who already have one who are suffering the same problem know they are not alone, and we can discuss if we can find solutions.

I find your reply quite aggressive, but am old enough and thick skinned enough not to worry too much. If you want to post up your professional training and qualifications in RF and microwave transmission, feel free to do so, and I will post up mine.  Then we can decide who has what knowledge

Well I was trying to explain that bad signal is caused by interference . You say it’s not interference , but explain it as mini2 works Mini 3 doesn’t. You then go on to explain and admit to being some what of an expert in RF communication. So I’m quite happy to get this piece of information.
One thing I do know is interference is not consistently the same all of the time. There can be more interference at different times of the day etc. it can simply be down to what altitude you’re flying at .

But are you saying it’s a manufacturing problem or a FW for some only problem a remote problem RC or RC-N1 or antenna problem with the craft.
I witnessed a test in a high interference area it’s posted on this forum. 3 mini’s tested 1,2,3 and all failed at almost the same distance as the interference occurred. It clearly showed that in that incidence it was interference that caused the drones to fail. I have only heard surmised guesses and unfounded claims of bad RC remote, and other excuses with
2022-5-23
Use props
patrick51
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407300 ft
Netherlands

My first 2 flight's where not great, loosing signal around 300M above buildings.
The other flight was over farmland/woodland and manage 800M.

I was not impressed at all, my older Mini 2 did a way way better job! Flyijng in Europe/Netherlands.
I was not anable to get some more flights in after that, and test it in another place. But hope that DJI can fix it.
A lot of Youtubers and Beta testers are trying to hide it i think, and others are screaming here you can't fly it further then 500M and "blame" it on rules.
Don't advertise then that it can go 8 or 12Km! If you buy a Ferrari that can hit 360Kmh and when you get it you can only go 50Kmh, then Ferrari is getting a lot of cars back!
2022-5-23
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

I did a flight over a pine plantation and dropped to 2 bars of signal strength at around 500m away. Then at 700m I got a low signal warning.
However, when I went to a height of 70m I began to gain signal strength. Hope a patch fixes this! Or it’s a limitation of he internal antennas??
2022-5-23
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

patrick51 Posted at 5-23 07:35
My first 2 flight's where not great, loosing signal around 300M above buildings.
The other flight was over farmland/woodland and manage 800M.

Thats the main issue DJi saying it can fly 8km after that statement you would think its rock solid

I would nevber fly 8km but I will be upset if I cant fly 600 meters
2022-5-23
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Ireland

Yeah I think people need to chill out a bit here. There are many of us experienced in flying drones reporting poor performance from the Mini 3 signal. We are just discussing something we have seen. I don't see the same aggressiveness levelled at people who have video or control problems etc. I realise people like to justify their purchases and I'm happy they are getting good signal, but we have also paid good money for our drones and are entitled to debate what we feel is an important issue with it.

Maybe it's hardware, or firmware, or faulty units, or software not installing correctly, I don't know, but it has obviously become a hot topic for a reason and it is quite prevalent that I think it's safe to say it's not all just user error.
2022-5-23
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyBoo Posted at 5-23 09:59
Yeah I think people need to chill out a bit here. There are many of us experienced in flying drones reporting poor performance from the Mini 3 signal. We are just discussing something we have seen. I don't see the same aggressiveness levelled at people who have video or control problems etc. I realise people like to justify their purchases and I'm happy they are getting good signal, but we have also paid good money for our drones and are entitled to debate what we feel is an important issue with it.

Maybe it's hardware, or firmware, or faulty units, or software not installing correctly, I don't know, but it has obviously become a hot topic for a reason and it is quite prevalent that I think it's safe to say it's not all just user error.

I agree with all of your comments, I think it would help if DJI said something

Not seen anything from them on this subject
2022-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

FlyBoo Posted at 5-23 09:59

I think its the lack of debate ! Thats the problem, it seems like this is a black or white thing. If you think its something other than a fault with the drone you’re most definitely wrong. Yet apart from people saying that signal is useless we have seen very little proof that this is a constant problem. Yes we have seen short distance IE 500m and rth kicks in or glitch at 500m  , but we have also seen and heard from many that have satisfactorily reached good distance with exceptional downlink feed. From you tube we have seen very little showing that 200/300m is all anyone is getting out of this drone.

It seems advice is not going to be taken and reliance on a FW update is going to be the only recourse here. I don’t ever remember a FW update to insure longer or greater signal from Ocysync, but hopefully this will be the first time. I am waiting for delivery expected on Friday and will test in some of my favourite haunts and will report back. With all my drones I have at one time or another had signal loss , but two things were the problem. 1/ FW not updating fully and correctly and signal interference, both of these could be mitigated by me.

2022-5-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules