Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI fly app won't start on android 13
12Next >
16886 57 2022-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
supreme3leader
New

United States

hello i just upgraded to andriod 13 beta and now my dji fly app dose not lauch any way to fix this or should i just wait it out for a new versions of the app

2022-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll probably have to wait until Android 13 is released before you see an app update,    Android 12 support is still somewhat lacking on some devices.  
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there supreme3leader. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device on the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

2022-5-22
Use props
djiuser_vSMEHTxL1yyP
New
Flight distance : 141545 ft
Czechia

Hi, I have the same issue on Pixel 4. App was working on latest Android 12 beta.
2022-5-22
Use props
supreme3leader
New

United States

I am using a pixel 4a 5g phone running android 13 beat 2
2022-5-23
Use props
djiuser_5euAWIyGbCnI
New

United Kingdom

Same situation

Didn't think, updated to android 13,

Dji fly app crashes on splash screen

Pixel 6 pro

2022-5-24
Use props
skyimagined
lvl.1

Austria

It worked on Android 13 Beta 1 but now on Beta 2 it crashes.
Rollback to stable Android 12 means wiping your data.
I will stick to using an old phone with Android 12 for the time.
2022-5-24
Use props
ijramirez
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same problem. Pixel 6 Pro (it is on the list of approved devices. It was running OK with Android 12. It crashes immediately with Android 13 Beta 3. Running the latest version of DJI Fly for Mini 2 software version 1.6.4
2022-6-9
Use props
Niek
New

Netherlands

Same issue on Pixel 6 with Android 13 beta 3.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_gT53JzO7fWAw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 326444 ft
Czechia

Same issue on Pixel 4 XL with Android 13 beta 3.2
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_zP9h1BJeWfPF
New
Netherlands

Same here... PIXEL 6, Android 13 beta.
2022-6-26
Use props
djiuser_upJkAJf6MH96
New
Flight distance : 13786 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-22 23:08
Hello there supreme3leader. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using a recommended mobile device on the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you.

[view_image]

Why is Pixel 5 not included? Odd. Goes from 4 straight to 6.
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_upJkAJf6MH96 Posted at 6-29 08:55
Why is Pixel 5 not included? Odd. Goes from 4 straight to 6.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-7-1
Use props
Sven87
New
Flight distance : 191749 ft
United States

I cannot open the latest DJI fly update 1.6.8 on Google pixel 6 Pro Android 13 beta 3.3. Any work arounds?
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_B6o2l2cN5QYB
New

New Zealand

[view_image]

My DJI fly app won't let me interact with it when it opens on my oppo findx 3 lite. Despite find x3 being on the compatibility list. First drone,bad experience. Very expensive regret. Mini 3 pro.
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_8usKChO8zFVx
New
United Kingdom

I'm on Android 12 on Samsung galaxy s10+, app starts up fine but nothing is functional. Anything I press I'm shown the "App needs permission" dialog. I've made sure app has all the permissions enabled, including phone calls!

This is really disappointing given it's Android 12 and s10+ is one of the supported android devices on your website.

I had to use an iPhone for the test flight but I'm Android user so this really needs to work.

It's the Air 2S that I just got. I'm expecting better UX for a £900 tool

EDIT: I feel stupid but I'll admit anyway. This was just because I hadnt turned location setting on! I just needed to enable location and it worked fine. Although I had checked before, I think I may have just checked bluetooth before.
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_VL6Qsx5tte99
New

Spain

I have MI10T with android 13 and all DJI apps dont work now.
2022-7-7
Use props
Terje Hannisdal
lvl.1

Norway

Same issue. Pixel 5 Android 13 beta 4.
Worked perfectly on Android 12.
2022-7-14
Use props
Titan87
New
Thailand

Same issue here. Pixel 6 Pro Android 13 with beta 4. Worked fine on Android 12 and even on Android 13 beta 1. Using app version 1.6.9
2022-7-20
Use props
guslack
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1637654 ft
United States

Pixel 6 went to Android 13 release candidate yesterday and it didn't work with the fly app. Had to roll the phone back to Android 12 and I'm back in business. My understanding is we are a couple of weeks from official release of Android 13 so hopefully DJI gets this fixed soon.
2022-7-21
Use props
fans3e830089
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13658 ft
United States

It seems people have been having this problem for 2 months. Why hasn't DJI fixed this yet?  I was at Harper's Ferry this week and was about to capture some really good drone footage and my pixel 6 pro wouldn't work because DJI can't make their app run with android 13. Can't wait to sell my drone and go with a company that cares about it's customers.
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_tgPpN313rNWP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96614 ft
France

Same problem here with pixels (and updated) phone. 6 months / year, i can't use my drones because of lack of support from dji.
Everytime, it's the only app that is not working !
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_ILz1Z9ysIOWj
New

Germany

[view_image]

DJI Fly worked for a long time on my OnePlus 8 Pro. nothing works since the update. it is hardly possible that smartphone models will suddenly be excluded from use.
2022-8-5
Use props
Ms Ivy
First Officer
Flight distance : 17684787 ft
United States

Grrr wtf.   all of a sudden tonight out of the blue the fly app QUITS & does not open on my pixel 3 lx android 12. when it has been working great all along with no issues .
I was flying tonight and all was well and when i landed changed out batteries & got ready for another flight & restarted the app the app goes to splash screen then poof it disappear. it does not load at all. it made a short night of flying. Because I could never get it to load again.   so when i got home,  I have tried reinstalling the app version 1.6.9  from the fly app download page. and it still did not work so so I clean out my app cache and storage data and still nothing , then I uninstalled the app and did clean new download and  and clean install and still butt-kiss nothing working it will not load or go beyond the splash screen then it disappears.

I am so frustrated I could scream.
The Aloft Kitty hawk loads and runs my mini 2 fine but the  dang nap it  DJI fly app keeps crashing  .  how can I fix this crappy app 1.6.9 that I downloaded and installed fro the DJI download site
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
don;t ask for any logs because I had cleared everything trying to get the app to work.. Grrrr I am very upset.
2022-8-5
Use props
newperspektiv
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI sort this out soon pleeeeeeeeease! I am loosing work because I can't fly my Mini 2! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra which IS on your approved devices list. I've downloaded the latest version from the link you keep providing and still NOTHING! It was working fine until last week, please, PLEASE get this sorted.
EDIT: I'm still running Android 12
2022-8-7
Use props
gntgnt
New

Czechia

Same here. Google Pixel 6, Mavic 3. I lost 600 USD yesterday because I cannot do the job. Can you solve it?
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2267103 ft
United States

It looks like this issue started near the end of May and hasn't been resolved (at least on plenty of the devices)  I've already spent hours trying to resolve this before calling customer service.  I talked to a tech for 45 minutes and am astonished that he wasn't able to just tell me it's completely on their end and has nothing to do with anything I've done.  I fly daily, don't have another device to use, and now realize this problem has existed for months.  Funny how absolutely no other app on my phone has any problem, yet the DJI Store and, more importantly, Fly App, immediately crash after trying to open.  This is serious stuff when you think about how much money and time we've invested in this for hobby/work, yet the issue  persists.  If it was Pokemon Go, or 8 Ball Pool (which I've never had a problem with even though they're free to play) I couldn't complain much.  I fly multiple times daily, had to save money forever to be able to afford one, and now it's not only grounded, but I've learned others' have been so for months. Inexcusable for what we spend on these things.  Yes, my device is supported, and I don't need a reply from DJI, because I'm already in touch via email.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 23:04
You'll probably have to wait until Android 13 is released before you see an app update,    Android 12 support is still somewhat lacking on some devices.

This is preposterous. How can you can you tell anyone with a supported device they'll "probably have to wait".  This isn't a customer issue, this is a DJI issue.  If you purchased a new PC that worked fantastic until the operating system was updated and your computer would not even boot, you shouldn't have to wait until a new version came out to use your computer again.  
2022-8-8
Use props
jrdronelondrina
lvl.1

Brazil

Meu aplicativo DJI FLY esta funcionando normalmente e de repente depois da atualização para o Android 12 parou de funcionar, meu celular é um XAIOMI REDMI NOTE 10, que frustação comprei so pra drone AIR 2s e agora vc não consegue usar, DJI atualiza logo DJI FLY
2022-8-8
Use props
jrdronelondrina
lvl.1

Brazil

Meu aplicativo DJI FLY está funcionando normalmente e de repente depois da atualização para o Android 12 parou de funcionar, meu é um XAIOMI REDMI NOTE 10, que frustação comprei para o drone AIR 2s e agora você não atualiza o uso, DJI FLY
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_JMqMp1aDmxT4
New

United States

My app keeps crashing.  Running android 12 on Pixel 6 Pro.  I installed the apk from the dji site to ensure I had the latest updates and still no luck.  
2022-8-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f Posted at 8-8 06:22
This is preposterous. How can you can you tell anyone with a supported device they'll "probably have to wait".  This isn't a customer issue, this is a DJI issue.  If you purchased a new PC that worked fantastic until the operating system was updated and your computer would not even boot, you shouldn't have to wait until a new version came out to use your computer again.

You do know Android 13 is still in beta and not generally released yet.
2022-8-8
Use props
newperspektiv
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've given up waiting and paid for an app called Litchi. Works perfectly with my MINI 2 and tonnes more features than DJI Fly
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-8 22:25
You do know Android 13 is still in beta and not generally released yet.

I wholeheartedly apologize, and am in the wrong regarding my reply to your comment.  I think I had blinders on because it's not 13 that I'm on.  I'm using 12 and the Fly app as well as the Store app don't open on my phone.  I'm getting an iPad later today that I'll be able to use. Take Care
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_earhpTLaB1V7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89239 ft
Brazil

Same to me, on Samsung Note 20 Ultra and Android 12.
2022-8-10
Use props
Albedo_cz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 312992 ft
Czechia

I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. I come home, want to fly my Phatnom 4 and DJI GO 4 closes immediately after launch. Why the hell? My phone is Samsung Note 20. Is there any point in trying to factory reset it? I use a lot of other applications, for managing servers, Mikrotik routers,.... I don't want to set it all up again!
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_MFV25qH8h8R6
New

Australia

Android 13 is no longer in beta so there is now far less excuse for DJI not to support it.
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_Y13kmbBo52rr
New

Spain

Any update? Android 13 now it's official and the app crashed
2022-8-15
Use props
Cocaneta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2360942 ft
Puerto Rico

I can't fly drone now I have Android 13
2022-8-17
Use props
Drob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51768 ft
United States

[view_image]

This repeated useless response is why I stopped buying all DJI products.
Autel already supports 13, and DJI is literally the only app that crashes EVERY TIME Android updates OS.
I waited on average 9 months each the last 4 OS updates.
Expensive products to only function 3 months a year.
2022-8-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules