Is drone subject to customs tax in Dominican Republic?
1870 8 2022-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crosswired
lvl.4
Flight distance : 264380 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,
Travelling to Dominican Republic in June and wondering if should I declare my Air 2S as subject to custom tax? If so, would you have idea how much I'd need to pay?

Any feedback deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kris
2022-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some good information here.  See below for short quote from that article.  You could also contact the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation at 809-221-7909 or email them at info@idac.gov.do

Notes For Foreign Operators      We recommend you obtain permission from IDAC before entering the  country, as the airport’s customs department frequently holds this type  of item to charge duty taxes. Getting a letter of permission in advance  of your arrival will facilitate your entry into the Dominican Republic.

Allow some time for the application process, as it can take up to 25 business days to complete.

2022-5-27
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 03:45
Some good information here.  See below for short quote from that article.  You could also contact the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation at 809-221-7909 or email them at

Thanks mate, emailed IDAC  already and waiting for reply hoping receiving it soon.
Stupidly overlooked part of the info in regards to Customs thingy, simply concentrated on no special permissions needed
2022-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

crosswired Posted at 5-27 03:57
Thanks mate, emailed IDAC  already and waiting for reply hoping receiving it soon.
Stupidly overlooked part of the info in regards to Customs thingy, simply concentrated on no special permissions needed

There is so much to see and film in DR.  Hope you have a great trip.
2022-5-27
Use props
crosswired
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 05:18
There is so much to see and film in DR.  Hope you have a great trip.

Thanks mate
2022-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.    Have a great weekend.
2022-5-27
Use props
Kilberandy
lvl.1

United States

has anyone had a similar situation?
2023-3-31
Use props
ferahunt
lvl.1

United States

Hey! Nice thread. Thank you!
2023-3-31
Use props
warengryn
lvl.1

United States

I actually had a similar question about bringing my drone to the Dominican Republic and found the same information about contacting the Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation. I'm glad you were able to reach out to them and are waiting for a reply. I'm curious if you've heard anything back from them yet? Also, have you looked into the rules for opening a business in the Dominican Republic? I'm considering starting a business there and would love any insight you might have. As for tools, have you checked out Paycheck Maker? It's been helpful for me in calculating taxes and deductions. Do you know of any similar tools for DR?
2023-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules