Mini 3 Pro Spherepanorama
2707 7 2022-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Norco
lvl.1
Germany

Hey guys,

yesterday I tried the spherical panorama option on the Mini 3 for the first time and stumbled upon a weird issue.

The drone seems not to take the upper row of photos with the gimbal pointing up, the end result you get looks like this:

As a first time drone user I´m a bit confused by this. Is this some sort of firmware issue or is this intended? Kinda ruins the little planet endresult I was trying to create.

Did I miss anything in the settings here? I tried a second time today and the top row was not taken again.

It seems as if the gimbal only takes a row at 0° tilt, -45° tilt and one bottom picture at -90°. Anyone has insight on this?

Sphere Pano

Sphere Pano

Little Planet edit

Little Planet edit
2022-5-27
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

I do not own the Mini 3 but I have the Mini 2 and I just finished publishing instructions on how to shoot, edit, and publish your Photospheres on Google Earth and Google Street…  

Here is the link to it:…

Photospheres III -- Let's put it on the Map…

Links to Part I and Part II are embedded in Part III…

Like I just wrote, I own a Mini 2 and it cannot shoot a photo more than 20-degrees above horizontal (abet, the "Horizon"), maybe the Mini 3 can, but I find that hard to believe.  Any case, here is a Graphic I created to clarify the limitation…

2022-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No this is normal,   hopefully the Mini 3 will get an update to use some of the upward view that it has but the other drones dont.  
2022-5-28
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-28 01:46
No this is normal,   hopefully the Mini 3 will get an update to use some of the upward view that it has but the other drones dont.

How high is the Mini 3 projected/advertised/promised/hinted at/etc... to be able to shoot above the horizon?
2022-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LoudThunder Posted at 5-28 12:16
How high is the Mini 3 projected/advertised/promised/hinted at/etc... to be able to shoot above the horizon?

It can shoot to 60 degrees.
2022-5-28
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-28 23:56
It can shoot to 60 degrees.

I checked the User Manual and that's right and since the Field of View for the 24mm lens is over 82 degrees, your Mini 3 can see somewhat "behind" itself when the Gimbal is at it extreme travel…  See Graphic…

2022-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LoudThunder Posted at 5-29 06:28
I checked the User Manual and that's right and since the Field of View for the 24mm lens is over 82 degrees, your Mini 3 can see somewhat "behind" itself when the Gimbal is at it extreme travel…  See Graphic…

[view_image]

Yes.  thats right.  
2022-5-29
Use props
Norco
lvl.1
Germany

LoudThunder Posted at 5-29 06:28

[view_image]

hopefully they will implement it in the sphere pano mode, theoretically it should be able to create a complete sphere
2022-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules