Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick Transfer not working on iPhone? - "Downloading Work Failed"
12Next >
33771 66 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xtropy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12625 ft
Canada

SOLUTION ON POST 15

Update: Issue persists on the DJI Fly App 1.6.8 update on 2022-07-01

I just got my drone today and took it for a test flight and wanted to tranfer a few photos off of it. I am able to see/access the drone's album but when I click the "Download" button on either photos or videos low res versions, the progress bar does not move, at the main screen it shows 0B/S and after 1-5 minutes I get the message:
"Downloading Work Failed"

I rebooted both my iPhone and drone and ensured that the RC controller was turned off. Still didn't work. I uninstalled and re-installed the DJI Fly app and no luck there either.

I tried the same process (pairing, etc) on my iPad and it worked just fine. Only thing I can think of is my phone is on iOS 15.5 and my iPad is on 15.1 still.

Just posting here for anyone else that may have the issue and a suggested fix or if it's a DJI Fly app bug (it was present on 1.6.2 and today's release of 1.6.4 of the app).

2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No way IOS 5 is still supported.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

missed the 1 for 15 ;)
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 5-31 12:16
missed the 1 for 15 ;)

I’m on 15.5 and it’s working fine but I still remove the sd card as I want to keep the exif information. Especially the location data.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Works well on my Iphone 8
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-31 12:43
Works well on my Iphone 8

Does your exif/file names and location data working ok?    On the latest iPhone 13 pro max and it’s all lost.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 12:47
Does your exif/file names and location data working ok?    On the latest iPhone 13 pro max and it’s all lost.

I have no idea what those files are and have never felt the need for them. I just want the video or photo
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-31 12:53
I have no idea what those files are and have never felt the need for them. I just want the video or photo

That’s data stored within the photos.
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Xtropy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will post some information below on how to properly use the QuickTransfer function of the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

2022-5-31
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

Here is a video showing the issue. It’s not a “user error” or a lack of knowledge of how to use quick transfer:

2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_lzR2Lr1a6Y86
New

Canada

I got same problem. During quick transfer I do connect, but downloading stalls at 0.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_lzR2Lr1a6Y86
New

Canada

Xtropy Posted at 6-1 01:48
Here is a video showing the issue. It’s not a “user error” or a lack of knowledge of how to use quick transfer:

https://youtu.be/xlDx8jswfZw

Same problem on my end
2022-6-1
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

djiuser_lzR2Lr1a6Y86 Posted at 6-1 04:23
I got same problem. During quick transfer I do connect, but downloading stalls at 0.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing? ;)

I opened a ticket with DJI Support. I'll see what they come back with. Good to know it's not just my drone, don't want to RMA this....
2022-6-1
Use props
pruthwip
New

United States

Same issue here. I am trying to get DJI tech support.
2022-6-1
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

Note that the same process fixed both iPhones. Maybe something that's conflicting with my carriers APN data which is why the scope of the problem isn't affecting more users?

Here is the problem and solution in action:

2022-6-2
Use props
pruthwip
New

United States

Thanks, I will try this out.
2022-6-2
Use props
Solarisphere
lvl.1
Canada

I'm also seeing this issue and disabling cell data fixed it for me too. Looks like a bug.
*The issue has returned. Toggling cell data sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't.
2022-6-2
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

If I turn off cell and then launch the DJI fly app, it works every time (force close the app). Sometimes get an error about failed transfers but force closing the app and relaunching with cell disabled seems to work on my end anyway.  
2022-6-2
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

2022-6-2
Use props
Solarisphere
lvl.1
Canada

Looks like this is also an issue on the Mavic 3 and the DJI action cams. It seems to be an issue with the iphone app and cellular data. Hopefully the flood of new Mini 3 Pro users running into this will bring it to DJI's attention and get them to patch it.

2022-6-2
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

Solarisphere Posted at 6-2 17:28
Looks like this is also an issue on the Mavic 3 and the DJI action cams. It seems to be an issue with the iphone app and cellular data. Hopefully the flood of new Mini 3 Pro users running into this will bring it to DJI's attention and get them to patch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdQKtMKJmY0

Interesting, I couldn't find anything on this. Thanks for sharing, always thought it was just a problem with my drone.
2022-6-3
Use props
Hawklclaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93668 ft
Canada

I am also having the same issue
2022-6-3
Use props
LovePeanut
New

Canada

Same issue! Working after turning the cellular off.....BUG
2022-6-4
Use props
djiuser_ErQq0QLYD7d6
New

United States

I think I’m in a similar boat. Took my mini 3 drone out yesterday for the 1st time. Got home and tried the quick transfer and was unable to connect to the drone. It’s generating wifi signal the iPhone sees but no automatic connection. When I attempt to join the drone network it asks for a password.  Is anyone aware of a default password that would allow the connection?
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_7ZgMKraoDWR1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 303898 ft
Australia

I’m also having this issue. Will try turning cellular off. We shouldn’t have to tho! It isn’t an issue on my mini 2
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_kD6wy0Hwhy7f
New
Flight distance : 371972 ft
United States

Xtropy Posted at 6-1 05:04
Maybe it's a Canadian thing? ;)

I opened a ticket with DJI Support. I'll see what they come back with. Good to know it's not just my drone, don't want to RMA this....

I’m having the same issues.  Spent 2 hours attempting to download files.  Restated phone and drone several times and still the same issue.  Frustrating!!
2022-6-9
Use props
djiuser_wimblU638tPJ
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the exact same issue on my iPhone 12 Pro. I was able to recreate and get it working by disabling the cellular connection (which we shouldn't have to do).  I was also able to get it to work with no problems on the latest version of the iPad Air.  I also wasted hours and would not have figured this out if it wasn't for the OP. Thank you!  We need a permanent fix for this from DJI.  I haven't encountered this with my Mini 1 or Mavic Air 2 because I usually transfer the content with the RC N1 with the cord.  I got the new RC with the Mini 3 so the only option is to use the Quick Transfer feature.   
2022-6-9
Use props
34_media
New

Australia

yep i had same and it was turning of cell data fixed it straight away ! cheers was driving me mental
2022-6-10
Use props
djiuser_hOcWabX3LI0J
New
Flight distance : 40948 ft
Canada

Same problem here as well. Disabled cellular data and all works fine now. Had no issue downloading to iPad which has no cellular data.
2022-6-15
Use props
rockydd
New
Flight distance : 47556 ft

United States

Xtropy Posted at 6-2 04:04
Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

Note that the same process fixed both iPhones. Maybe something that's conflicting with my carriers APN data which is why the scope of the problem isn't affecting more users?

Thanks! Turning off cellular fixed this.
This must be a bug of the Fly App.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 249249 ft
United States

I've had to turn off cellular since day 1 for it to work on my Mini 3 Pro.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_vOLuSSw9vn3O
New

United States

Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

I was just in Aruba and had no problems downloading pics. Then got home and was having the same problems as you. Then thought about it and while in Aruba my phone was in airplane mode. Tried it here in airplane mode and it worked perfect
2022-6-19
Use props
djiuser_lzR2Lr1a6Y86
New

Canada

I had a same problem and got the solution for me. When you connect to your fly app and able to see album on the drone, deactivate cellular connection on your phone. Once there's no cellular connection, you should be able to download the images and videos. Good Luck
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_4shgDLCciJku
New

United States

Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

It works for me! Thanks dude!
2022-6-29
Use props
Goffy 0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135679 ft

Australia

Thank you for the solution. Got the mini 3 pro a yesterday
And this quick transfer was doing my head in.
2022-8-5
Use props
VegasM3Pro
New
United States

Thank You
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_gY8GCYuSPln9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355801 ft
Canada

Disable the cellular data !!! have fixed the issue with downloading files thru quick transfer on my Iphone 13. Thank you!
2022-8-12
Use props
Johnathon Franco
New

United States

I disabled the mobile data transfer button in the app  and that fixed the problem.
2022-8-14
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.4
Germany

On my iPhone 11 with iOS 15.4.1 it works like a charm, but I always choose to sync to the Photos App ... never tried syncing to the Fly App.

2022-8-14
Use props
onymar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
France

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-14 14:14
On my iPhone 11 with iOS 15.4.1 it works like a charm, but I always choose to sync to the Photos App ... never tried syncing to the Fly App.

If I sync the photos app, the date/time of all pictures and videos are set to the current time. I sync to the fly app and then to the photos app and date/time are as per then time taken.
2022-8-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules