Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HDR Video on Mini 3 Pro
7517 12 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2126677 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello Guys

Do you know where I can find HDR video option on my Mini 3 Pro? not visible or sth else?
2022-6-2
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

In the frame rate picker there is a HQ mark next to the frame rate that supports HDR.
2022-6-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You can also use D-Cinelike color profile, it is 10 bit rec.709 that could be made into HDR, i.e. HLG HDR 10 bit with video editing software.
2022-6-2
Use props
M J
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Many thanks
2022-6-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You are welcome.
2022-6-2
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

From my knowledge the Mini 3 Pro only shoots HDR footage in 30fps so it won’t show up on the camera information when shooting in anything above 30fps.
2022-6-2
Use props
squarecrumpets
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184101 ft
United Kingdom

I don't know why they call it HDR because the output video isn't. You can load the 4K 30fps videos into iMovies or YouTube and they won't recognise them as HDR content because they aren't.
2022-6-6
Use props
M J
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Mzp Posted at 6-2 05:37
You can also use D-Cinelike color profile, it is 10 bit rec.709 that could be made into HDR, i.e. HLG HDR 10 bit with video editing software.

I tried to figure out how to work with 10 bit HDR on FCPX, but seems it does not recognize the video as HDR file!

any other experience?

2022-6-7
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

M J Posted at 6-7 04:13
I tried to figure out how to work with 10 bit HDR on FCPX, but seems it does not recognize the video as HDR file!

any other experience?

The video output from the drone is not a HDR file, but if you use D-Cine 10 bit to record the video (does not support 60fps), then it can be converted into a HDR file.
Check out these guides:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/ ... ro/verbf72f3e96/mac

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/ ... ro/ver504d31dd2/mac
2022-6-7
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

nosnoop Posted at 6-7 05:11
The video output from the drone is not a HDR file, but if you use D-Cine 10 bit to record the video (does not support 60fps), then it can be converted into a HDR file.
Check out these guides:

Thank you for the info Nosnoop. This is some useful info especially for Apple owners. Maybe one of these days I get a refub. Macbook these days as this software seems to be really great (Final Cut Pro (x)) and these new Macbook Pros have HDR built in screen with mini leds.
2022-6-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You don't have HDR unfortunately... You can save and force HDR from D-Cine but will not have a HDR container in video.
The HQ mode is a joke... A bad one, they need to put 2 buttons on it:
1. Disable noise reduction
2. Disable HQ.
Both make ugly results in low light.
Who wants them can use it, but Pro users will be happy to denoise by themselves...
2022-6-7
Use props
aflight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459367 ft
United Kingdom

nosnoop Posted at 2022-6-7 05:11
Check out these guides:

Hey Nosnoop,

The links you provided is for getting HDR footage ready for a SDR output. You can not make SDR footage HDR. If you go to the links it is suggesting using HDR tools for HDR > SDR.

It is possible to boost HSL and play with the RGB parades but if the extended exposure data, meta info is not logged at point of capture then it does not conform to the HDR standard. DJI should have called it something else like dynamic range video or MDR medium. To call it HDR is to create confusion, once the results are baked in the dual native iso sure it may be better than SDR but it falls way short of HDR.
2023-4-14
Use props
djiuser_nErmsYPeisxL
lvl.1

Germany

M J Posted at 2022-6-7 04:13
I tried to figure out how to work with 10 bit HDR on FCPX, but seems it does not recognize the video as HDR file!

any other experience?

No, exactly the same for me. HDR on this drone is just a marketing word. I am sad.
2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules