First flight signal impressions
668 6 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

Finally received my Mini 3 Pro in Canada today. Just took it up for it's first flight and thought I would share my thought on "signal-gate" here.

So first things first. This is not a range test or some sort of definitive answer on how your experience will go with range.

I previously had a Mini OG. Living in Canada I'm restricted to the sub 250g line of drones because I don't feel like going through the long annoying process of getting my license. I live in a very suburban city with virtually every house having mulitple wifi devices.

I was always disappointed with the OG Mini's range because unless I was far away from any houses I couldn't fly it 100m away from me without major signal interference making it impossible to fly or get good shots. Just before I sold my Mini I sat on my back step and took it up so I would have a baseline for how much better the signal was on my new Mini 3 Pro when it came. I was able to get the drone just 55m away at a height of 36m before I lost signal due to the heavy wifi interference(I live in a townhouse complex with 100 houses very close together).

Fast forward to today. I took my Mini 3 Pro up from the exact same spot. I was at 400m away and 100m high without a single lost bar of signal before I turned it around because of VLOS.

This is exactly what I was hoping for in the Mini 3. I can now fly my drone and get shots no matter where I am without worrying about losing signal.
2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice upgrade for you from the Mini OG.  Occusync is much better at holding signal than wifi was on the Mini OG.  Thanks for sharing your first impressions.
2022-6-2
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Congrats for your new toy and the good expierence.
2022-6-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

An encouraging report
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there J04DAN. Good day and thank you for sharing these information about your first flight experience with your new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-6-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup as I have been saying it is not about stupid huge range it is about being able to fly to say 700 m which is I think more than enough and you have found that out also.

Most of the people complaining are those that have not got the drone in my opinion
2022-6-2
Use props
EdwvLVXnmeVZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft
Canada

We did a test yesterday...first flight.
Got 2100m at 45m height, before bars went red and this started to get choppy.
Over flat land and water.

Also the remote was stuck in CE mode for some reason.
Couldn't get it to switch to FCC.
But somehow it did switch to FCC later when it was powered on again, after swapping batteries and different location.
So not sure what's going on there. But we'll be doing another test today with FCC, to see what the difference is.
2022-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules