Test Ended with Drone Confrontation (Drone Police)
1217 13 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Mini 3 Pro Test Comparison ended in a drone flying confrontation with the bird lady or local Karen.
This could happen to you despite you knowing the local drone laws.

Have you experienced anything like this?

2022-6-2
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too funny (and sad) Henrik, thanks for sharing and for a good laugh.
2022-6-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

In the local vernacular - you done good!!!
2022-6-2
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Thanks for sharing Henrik.
It is  always the same with those people, claiming privacy for them self, but taking videos or photos of others like in your case without respecting your privacy.
And better, posting everything of themselfs on any kind of social media platforms.
2022-6-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have experienced this.  Neighbor lady is evil and even made a false report to the local law enforcement.  These people do themselves in over time though with lies.
2022-6-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

for the most part, we don't have that privacy law here in america.  the part of taking a person's photo or a picture/video of their private property.  that would be the death of camera drones here in america, not sure how you guys survive with that law.
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting video that you have filmed and created. Keep flying and have a nice day.
2022-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely handled Hendrik,   I assume she never came back.
2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job Henrik of remaining cool and NOT telling the Bird Lady off.  Obviously she was in a transmit mode and didn't want to receive anything you offered.  
2022-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That happens indeed.
2022-6-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 04:33
Nice job Henrik of remaining cool and NOT telling the Bird Lady off.  Obviously she was in a transmit mode and didn't want to receive anything you offered.

I love this explanation DowntownRDB.  : )   "transmit mode" indeed where they have held down the microphone key and fill the airwaves....but learn and understand nothing.  

I am going to steal this transmit mode description.  Thank you!!!
2022-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 6-3 18:46
I love this explanation DowntownRDB.  : )   "transmit mode" indeed where they have held down the microphone key and fill the airwaves....but learn and understand nothing.  

I am going to steal this transmit mode description.  Thank you!!!

You're more than welcome to steal it and use anytime.  
2022-6-4
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2/3 years ago, I hit this issue maybe 3 times in the UK and was very disheartened and was ready to give up the hobby.  One of my confrontations was even a so called flyer/photographer himself and had a talking spot on a popular YouTube drone channel based out of Oxfordshire.  It's very sad and quite strange that these people even find the nerves to just randomly approach someone in such an aggressive manner.

Recently I too flew the Mini 3 Pro around Crete and the people that approached me during this, there were many, came out of interest regarding the drone rather than to complain.  My faith has been returned.
2022-6-4
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hej Henrik,

you actually balanced on a legal edge to be honest   

What you did was you as PIC (pilot in control) was operating 2 or 3 aircraft at the same time. That is NOT quite legal as you are supposed to keep you eye on THE drone throughout your flight. With multiple drones in the air - if you do not have fully independent right and left eyes - it might have been a technical violation of the rules.

Men der er altid folk der vil brokke sig

/k
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules