1375 33 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So, I maybe late to this party being out of town for a few days but managed to finaly update my drone today with the RC Pro. I must say that the added features are very nice and seems to compliment the drone, The new 1X to 7X Zoom is very nice and a bonus, The added Nifty OA Feature is also nice and i find the drone with this enabled is less jerky compared to the normal Bypass mode, GPS Lock locks the same for me as the Beta FW and take around 60 seconds, Not ideal but better when compared to previous versions of FW, Airsense on RC Pro still shows telemetry too far away from the plane manned AC Icon and i am still not getting nortifications on RC Pro of a Manned Aircraft nearby, FW on RC Pro is very nice and the added features work well.

Would i say this update completes the Mavic 3 - That answer would be a big NO. The reason i say this is because Active/Focus track, when used is very jerky like it is trying to over compensate for something. It seems to pick up a branch and just zips off to the side scaring the hell out of me, The lack of selecting our own battery discharge days is also disappointing, The lack of use of the 4G module is very disappointing, The dysfunctional Airsense is not great, Got 2 random errors of battery inserted incorrectly when there is only 1 way it can go in and lock in place(Scary), I have a personal habit of re-calibrating everything after a Firmware update and the IMU failed at every try, Just does not work.

DJI, As much as we appreciate the best efforts and added features this drone is not fully complete as to what was promised at Launch. You still have a small few items to deliver on and it would be god to have them added. The most important issues that need resolving in the last FW that was pushed is the failure to do an IMU calibration when we want to which fails, Airsense needs to work advertised and as it was in Firmware .0400, OA Sensors are overly sensitive in Active track and needs to be fixed and we want the promised 4G Dongle.

Just my 2 cents after updating and although i did limited flying today, when the weather clears i will test much deeper.
2022-6-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wonder if IMU calibration only doesn't work with Android systems or does it fail on IOS as well. I'm asking because it's something I don't want/need to risk getting mine grounded.
2022-6-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 6-2 22:33
Wonder if this IMU calibration only doesn't work with Android systems or does it also fails with IOS as well

Thats a very good question mate. I had only tried with the RC Pro but will try tomorrow with the iPhone.
2022-6-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Not the biggest fan of Android and I'm only using Android because that's what came with the RC pro. The only Android phone I bought was a second hand Samsung S7 in 2018, when I needed to do the FakeGPS trick on the Mavic Air, in order to get it to boot up in FCC mode. I used that phone for 14 months and had encountered numerous problems with software bugs on the Android version apps that I had no problems with their IOS versions. These include cycling apps, fitness apps, and the worst experience I can recall is a RC helicopter app, which wasted me a whole night trying to complete a setup procedure on a new helicopter Flybarless system. The damned thing kept failing the whole time, until the next morning when I tried with my then abandoned iphone 6, which completed the whole setup in less than 2 minutes. Not trying to start a Android vs IOS debate here, but at least for the limited collection of apps I use on a regular basis, Android is absolute CRAP.
2022-6-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 6-2 22:47
Not the biggest fan of Android and I'm only using Android because that's what came with the RC pro. The only Android phone I bought was a second hand Samsung S7 in 2018, when I needed to do the FakeGPS trick on the Mavic Air, in order to get it to boot up in FCC mode. I used that phone for 14 months and had encountered numerous problems with software bugs on the Android version apps that I had no problems with their IOS versions. These include cycling apps, fitness apps, and the worst experience I can recall is a RC helicopter app, which wasted me a whole night trying to complete a setup procedure on a new helicopter Flybarless system. The damned thing kept failing the whole time, until the next morning when I tried with my then abandoned iphone 6, which completed the whole setup in less than 2 minutes. Not trying to start a Android vs IOS debate here, but at least for the limited collection of apps I use on a regular basis, Android is absolute CRAP.

Yeah, I am also not a fan of Android and much prefer iPhone. Would have been nice if the RC Pro used IOS.
2022-6-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 6-2 22:56
Yeah, I am also not a fan of Android and much prefer iPhone. Would have been nice if the RC Pro used IOS.

Have always told my friend at DJI that I am willing to pay twice the price if they can sell me a Smart Controller with IOS...
2022-6-2
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well with regards to the Dji 4g dongle Dji did state at the bottom like where they state that the Mavic 3’s flight time was tested in a controlled environment that also the 4g dongle would only be available in select countries and as of the moment it will not be available in North America and that does make sense as the 4g dongle allows you to go farther then before but as the FAA drone laws state you have to keep your drone in line of sight and so having a 4g dongle that’s designed to allow you to go farther really just breaks that law.
2022-6-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-2 22:58
Well with regards to the Dji 4g dongle Dji did state at the bottom like where they state that the Mavic 3’s flight time was tested in a controlled environment that also the 4g dongle would only be available in select countries and as of the moment it will not be available in North America and that does make sense as the 4g dongle allows you to go farther then before but as the FAA drone laws state you have to keep your drone in line of sight and so having a 4g dongle that’s designed to allow you to go farther really just breaks that law.

Yes and No, because the devil was only added to the details at a later time, and I have screen caps of the earlier web pages to prove it. Whether it's legal to use or not is a different topic. False advertising is false advertising.
2022-6-2
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 6-2 23:00
Yes and No, because the devil was only added to the details at a later time, and I have screen caps of the earlier web pages to prove it. Whether it's legal to use or not is a different topic. False advertising is false advertising.

“The devil” lol.
2022-6-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 6-2 22:58
Have always told my friend at DJI that I am willing to pay twice the price if they can sell me a Smart Controller with IOS...

I won't pay as much as that but maybe a little more for a better operating system
2022-6-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well with regards to the Dji 4g dongle Dji did state at the bottom like where they state that the Mavic 3’s flight time was tested in a controlled environment that also the 4g dongle would only be available in select countries and as of the moment it will not be available in North America and that does make sense as the 4g dongle allows you to go farther then before but as the FAA drone laws state you have to keep your drone in line of sight and so having a 4g dongle that’s designed to allow you to go farther really just breaks that law.

As Monkey007 said, it was only added way after launch when customers where questioning why it was not available.
2022-6-2
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

The Nifty OA Feature is not available to me. I use the standard remote control. The drone firmware and the application have been updated to the latest version.
2022-6-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same result with IOS by the way.
2022-6-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Well with regards to the Dji 4g dongle Dji did state at the bottom like where they state that the Mavic 3’s flight time was tested in a controlled environment that also the 4g dongle would only be available in select countries and as of the moment it will not be available in North America and that does make sense as the 4g dongle allows you to go farther then before but as the FAA drone laws state you have to keep your drone in line of sight and so having a 4g dongle that’s designed to allow you to go farther really just breaks that law.

@Fred - while in theory I somewhat agree, I'll just say that no matter what the control mechanism is, the regulations remain unchanged.  However, cellular has a lot of promise to make for a superior control mechanism even with some added latency.  

2022-6-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

KokoFresha Posted at 6-3 00:20
The Nifty OA Feature is not available to me. I use the standard remote control. The drone firmware and the application have been updated to the latest version.

Should be available to all RC Types, I will try tomorrow with my RC-N1
2022-6-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 6-3 00:21
Same result with IOS by the way.

For the IMU Calibration?
2022-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KokoFresha Posted at 6-3 00:20

If you tap on bypass you will get a drop down menu Normal or Nifty

2022-6-3
Use props
PhillyDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694633 ft
  • >>>
United States

There unfortunately is a very significant flaw in this latest firmware.  The ability to vary exposure settings during hyperlapses is GONE.  If you try to vary ISO, aperture, or shutter during an active hyperlapse, all those settings are now GREYED out.

For those of us doing "holy grail" type hyperlapses where light is changing during sunrise / sunset periods and blue hours, this is EXTREMELY important to have.

Very disapppointed.
2022-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope it will improve even more.
2022-6-3
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 6-2 22:58

That will never happen. Apple isn't open source and doesn't allow 3rd party manufacturers to utilize their OS. This is why you don't see anything at all run apple's OS aside from Apple products. This is one of many reasons why Android is better. Open source is better than everything being proprietary and locked behind a single company. Android really is the superior option in my opinion.
2022-6-3
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing your opinion.  Much appreciated!!
2022-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 6-3 15:24
Thanks for sharing your opinion.  Much appreciated!!

I think its a pity that it gets little coverage, but the very best thing about this drone is the Camera, it by far the best camera on any DJI prosumer drone. The footage and the photographs from this drone are exceptional , the improvements since it was released have been phenomenal, you now have a second camera that opens so many opportunities to creators something totally unexpected from the get go, but a lot of effort has gone into making this second camera something to cherish on this drone. Its only when you compare photos from the much heralded Mini 3 pro with the Mavic 3 that you start to realize just how much better this camera really is. For me I bought the drone for the quality of the camera and it certainly is what this drone is and should be about.
2022-6-3
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 6-2 22:47
Not the biggest fan of Android and I'm only using Android because that's what came with the RC pro. The only Android phone I bought was a second hand Samsung S7 in 2018, when I needed to do the FakeGPS trick on the Mavic Air, in order to get it to boot up in FCC mode. I used that phone for 14 months and had encountered numerous problems with software bugs on the Android version apps that I had no problems with their IOS versions. These include cycling apps, fitness apps, and the worst experience I can recall is a RC helicopter app, which wasted me a whole night trying to complete a setup procedure on a new helicopter Flybarless system. The damned thing kept failing the whole time, until the next morning when I tried with my then abandoned iphone 6, which completed the whole setup in less than 2 minutes. Not trying to start a Android vs IOS debate here, but at least for the limited collection of apps I use on a regular basis, Android is absolute CRAP.

Well my friend, Android operating system holds a 87% share of the global market so they must be doing at least a few things right?
2022-6-3
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-3 16:31
I think its a pity that it gets little coverage, but the very best thing about this drone is the Camera, it by far the best camera on any DJI prosumer drone. The footage and the photographs from this drone are exceptional , the improvements since it was released have been phenomenal, you now have a second camera that opens so many opportunities to creators something totally unexpected from the get go, but a lot of effort has gone into making this second camera something to cherish on this drone. Its only when you compare photos from the much heralded Mini 3 pro with the Mavic 3 that you start to realize just how much better this camera really is. For me I bought the drone for the quality of the camera and it certainly is what this drone is and should be about.

I'm completely sold on the camera.  And it seems DJI is making a lot of progress on the rest of the drone.    Maybe after one more firmware update I'll be ready to buy.  

Thanks for your input.
2022-6-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

PhillyDrone Posted at 6-3 02:17
There unfortunately is a very significant flaw in this latest firmware.  The ability to vary exposure settings during hyperlapses is GONE.  If you try to vary ISO, aperture, or shutter during an active hyperlapse, all those settings are now GREYED out.

For those of us doing "holy grail" type hyperlapses where light is changing during sunrise / sunset periods and blue hours, this is EXTREMELY important to have.

Wait!  Are you the real Philly Drone Life?  If so, I have to tell you that your channel always brings me  a smile.
2022-6-3
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-2 22:56

hear, hear...
2022-6-3
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 6-3 01:34
If you tap on bypass you will get a drop down menu Normal or Nifty

I understand. Thanks
2022-6-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-3 00:25
For the IMU Calibration?

Yes, the IMU calibration fails with IOS as well as Android.  Anyways, as others pointed out, probably not needed after a firmware update, but I agree that this should of course work.  If a IMU calibration should be requested by the platform, it appears we would be unable to do so ourselves at this time.

That is clearly a defect.
2022-6-4
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I respect your thoughts. I have to disagree. This is dji’s best yet. When we get waypoints later this year it will be an almost perfect flagship.
2022-6-7
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

While I respect your thoughts. I have to disagree. This is dji’s best yet. When we get waypoints later this year it will be an almost perfect flagship. Your  complaints are minor luckily, so hopefully you can still enjoy the drone after the trauma you have seemed to have from your bad experience with it!. "The dongle isn't a valid complaint" talk to you government about that. Lastly, that is unfortunate about your gps lock. I get a HP lock in any environment of reasonable open sky within 15seconds and so do my friends and others I have spoke with.. I would not be happy if I was still waiting as long as long as you are for gps.

Safe flying Suren

2022-6-7
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, air sense works fine on mine. Are you sure you understand how it is suppose to function? Just curious. If not, I can post an informational video on it. I see many people on this forum do not understand it’s function.
2022-6-7
Use props
Skyhigh16
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 6-2 22:33
Wonder if IMU calibration only doesn't work with Android systems or does it fail on IOS as well. I'm asking because it's something I don't want/need to risk getting mine grounded.

Why are you trying to calibrate your IMU. I have never calibrated the IMU on any of my drones ever. Do you keep crashing or something? Sounds like a non-issue . Nonetheless, sorry you are having issues with it.
2022-6-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Skyhigh16 Posted at 6-7 04:33
While I respect your thoughts. I have to disagree. This is dji’s best yet. When we get waypoints later this year it will be an almost perfect flagship. Your  complaints are minor luckily, so hopefully you can still enjoy the drone after the trauma you have seemed to have from your bad experience with it!. "The dongle isn't a valid complaint" talk to you government about that. Lastly, that is unfortunate about your gps lock. I get a HP lock in any environment of reasonable open sky within 15seconds and so do my friends and others I have spoke with.. I would not be happy if I was still waiting as long as long as you are for gps.

Safe flying Suren

No doubt it is a good drone and I never said it was not but I am pedantic about getting what I paid for and do not like to be short changed. For the dongle, Dji needs to open it for the rest of us, we have TD-LTE network here with Spark and the dongle gets network which is proven by a solid green light showing network connection but it cannot be turned on in the app because it is locked out by Dji because of region so not a Government issue but a Dji issue.  The GPS lock works better compared to before but I surely am not getting 15 seconds, that would be a miracle for me.
2022-6-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Skyhigh16 Posted at 6-7 04:34
Also, air sense works fine on mine. Are you sure you understand how it is suppose to function? Just curious. If not, I can post an informational video on it. I see many people on this forum do not understand it’s function.

I understand Airsense and how it works and yes it is enabled because it used to work and does not now.
2022-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules