P2V+ vs. Kit Kat
1749 11 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rexster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

I've been reading on other boards that the Phantoms have trouble connecting and if connecting it stops working as soon as the motors are started with Android's using the new Kit Kat OS. Anyone here have knowledge of that if so, is DJI updating it's apps?
2014-12-1
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Lollipop is the new Android Ver.5.0.  Kitkat was the previous.  
I think Android is going to have to fix the issue nit DJI imo.  
Lollipop has all but bricked my Nex 7, no app really works.
2014-12-1
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm on kit kat and have no problems.
2014-12-1
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

I'm on Lollipop NO problems
2014-12-1
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
United States

Hi thanks. What other devices (android) are being used? I want a bigger screen than my Galaxy S3
2014-12-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

johnkilcline@gm Posted at 2014-12-2 07:02
I'm on Lollipop NO problems

I'm on an android phone and I have no idea what it is eating  How does one tell what flavour you are running?
2014-12-1
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
United States

Go to your settings menu, then scroll down to the tab "About Phone" or "About Device" Look for Android version. I've lost track of the versions and their names, but Google the version number and it'll tell you what the named version is
2014-12-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

rexster@century Posted at 2014-12-2 13:18
Go to your settings menu, then scroll down to the tab "About Phone" or "About Device" Look for Andro ...

thanks Rexter I will give it a go.
2014-12-1
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm using the Hudl tablet - the video is real time. I'm very impressed.
http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl ... &skuId=510-2120
2014-12-1
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
United States

Got my P2V2 yesterday, and received my new Samsung 7" Galaxy 3 tablet today. It came with Jellybean but after getting it set up it began the download for KitKat. I let it download then installed the update. Went to Play Store and downloaded the DJI app. Turned on all the electronics (Controller, WIFI extender, aircraft) set the tablet for the Phantom WIFI and voila! Success connecting the Samsung and all electronics. I had purchased a controller mount and tablet mount with tripod hole, got the tablet mounted to the controller like it was made for it. Thinking about taking the DJI phone mount off as it's just in the way now. I can post pics if anyone is interested.
2014-12-5
Use props
philbern2
lvl.1

Australia

I'd be interested in looking at your setup!
Mine hasn't arrived as yet - so I'm looking at what other users have that they are happy with.
thanks
Phil
2014-12-5
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
United States

I'll post some pics later tonight. Getting ready for a small town Christmas parade at the moment
2014-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules