1218 17 2022-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Certainly, for rural the MM3P does ok but the MM2 still has the edge, and with regards to the MM2, although i suspect that he didn't have the best alignment because the signal improved considerably at 2835m, either that or it auto switched to a better channel and or frequency, perhaps?
This is in no way a definitive test for me, like i have said all along, without seeing the radar and how the RC's are held etc, its tough to go on just what I see on the video. It certainly does not put me off getting the MM3P though

2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-6-5
Use props
Swoop999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

The second video across the lakes was a good one and showed the full capabilities of the M2 & M3, it sort of gives me a little more faith for when I get my M3P
2022-6-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swoop999 Posted at 6-5 23:26
The second video across the lakes was a good one and showed the full capabilities of the M2 & M3, it sort of gives me a little more faith for when I get my M3P

Ha ha, thats what the video was meant have been, unsure why i copied the search results lol rectified it now
2022-6-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive been flying the Mini2 and Mini3 back to back and Im seeing almost identical results,   if I fly somewhere where the Mini2 is having a hard time with interference I get the same on the Mini3 and vice versa,   I was hoping Mini3 would be better than mini2 but of course we forget that the O3 technology is only the video feed which is smoother with the RC remote.
2022-6-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find Bashy.   Nice comparison video with good results.
2022-6-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-6 00:26
Ive been flying the Mini2 and Mini3 back to back and Im seeing almost identical results,   if I fly somewhere where the Mini2 is having a hard time with interference I get the same on the Mini3 and vice versa,   I was hoping Mini3 would be better than mini2 but of course we forget that the O3 technology is only the video feed which is smoother with the RC remote.

By rights, it should be better as its range is 2km more, so you should see better results even if only a 3rd of that
2022-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-6 03:28
By rights, it should be better as its range is 2km more, so you should see better results even if only a 3rd of that

I didnt think power vs frequency with that linear.
2022-6-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-6 03:32
I didnt think power vs frequency with that linear.

Now youre going over my head lol.

The way i look at it is this, the  Mini2 in CE is what 6km? and the mini 3 pro in CE is 8km, so to me, you should be seeing an improvement of some sort for sure, but that does not appear to be the case from what you're saying? I'm not talking about the full 2km, that's probably unattainable, certainly, i would expect another 500 to 700m extra, but then i spose that could be just me
2022-6-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-6 03:48
Now youre going over my head lol.

The way i look at it is this, the  Mini2 in CE is what 6km? and the mini 3 pro in CE is 8km, so to me, you should be seeing an improvement of some sort for sure, but that does not appear to be the case from what you're saying? I'm not talking about the full 2km, that's probably unattainable, certainly, i would expect another 500 to 700m extra, but then i spose that could be just me

Im not seeing any improvement in distance,  they fly almost identically,   That said the video feed is much smoother with the Mini3.
2022-6-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 22:12
Im not seeing any improvement in distance,  they fly almost identically,   That said the video feed is much smoother with the Mini3.

Thats a little bit of a let down, do you think that because its now 1080 over the 720 mini 2 be a factor
2022-6-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-7 22:56
Thats a little bit of a let down, do you think that because its now 1080 over the 720 mini 2 be a factor

Its actually smoother on the DJI RC than flying the Mini 3 with the RCN1 remote and iPhone 13 pro max.
2022-6-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-7 23:53
Its actually smoother on the DJI RC than flying the Mini 3 with the RCN1 remote and iPhone 13 pro max.

I suppose that that would make some sense as there's no cable or external monitor (phone) used and the 1x antenna in each arm helps
2022-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-8 02:59
I suppose that that would make some sense as there's no cable or external monitor (phone) used and the 1x antenna in each arm helps

Maybe a better implementation of the O3
2022-6-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-8 22:23
Maybe a better implementation of the O3

Im not sure it can be much smoother compared to my Note 20 Ultra, certainly not until the signal starts to go, I take it you saw my 5.8 vs 2.4 test over my village, you can see its pretty smooth until 5.8 starts to spit chickens. When i am out and about playing, its not often i lose too much signal if any as i don't normally put myself into that situation so its normally pretty smooth, except for the time when i was playing at the race track, not sure what was going on there but it wasn't interference, i think it was a Matrix thing lol

Unless of course you mean its smoother right up until it loses connection?
2022-6-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-8 22:32
Im not sure it can be much smoother compared to my Note 20 Ultra, certainly not until the signal starts to go, I take it you saw my 5.8 vs 2.4 test over my village, you can see its pretty smooth until 5.8 starts to spit chickens. When i am out and about playing, its not often i lose too much signal if any as i don't normally put myself into that situation so its normally pretty smooth, except for the time when i was playing at the race track, not sure what was going on there but it wasn't interference, i think it was a Matrix thing lol

Unless of course you mean its smoother right up until it loses connection?

I mean its smoother right from the start,  its like there is more frames in the video feed.
2022-6-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-8 22:39
I mean its smoother right from the start,  its like there is more frames in the video feed.

I suppose the only way i would know would be to fly something with OC3, over my P4P using Lightbridge I thought the Mini 2 was great lol. We know there is less latency, perhaps less frame drops is part an parcel too then. All good things.
2022-6-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for comparing.
2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now