Mini 2 in Europe from UK
5843 9 2022-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olliesdad
New

United Kingdom

Evening fellow Pete Mitchell's..

I'm travelling to Portugal and Greece in the next few weeks. Can I safely assume that I can use my Mini 2 in these 2 countries as per UK rules being 249g???
I am actually registered with CAA in UK but wondered in Brexit has made any issue??

Regards

Chris

I feel the need, the need for a sangria...

2022-6-8
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

No rules other than UK, if under 249 grams.
2022-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Chris. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have travelled to Portugal and Greece can give out the best information and recommendation with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and stay safe always.
2022-6-8
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to take the test and obtain an operators licence. I went to Norway and because I passed the test and paid £18 for the operatorx licence, its valid across all EU countries.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/light/topics/operators-guidance-drone-pilots
2022-6-10
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.easa.europa.eu/light ... idance-drone-pilots
2022-6-10
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 6-10 12:36
You need to take the test and obtain an operators licence. I went to Norway and because I passed the test and paid £18 for the operatorx licence, its valid across all EU countries.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/light/topics/operators-guidance-drone-pilots

Does one need that little license for under 250g ones as well?
2022-6-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Falcoc Posted at 6-10 12:48
Does one need that little license for under 250g ones as well?

Yes because it has a camera. Scrub that, that only applies to EU residents, outside of the EU you have to register regardless...

...its all in the link here,

I am a non-EU visitor / drone operator ‘open’ category

I am a Non-EU resident visiting Europe and I plan to fly my drone in the 'open' category, do I need to register?

All drone operations conducted in the EASA Member States must comply with the Drone Regulation,  no matter what the nationality of the operator or remote pilot is. Therefore, as a non-EU resident, you are also required to register with the National Aviation Authority of the first EU country where you intend to operate.

You will then be issued with a ‘drone operator registration number’ that needs to be displayed with a sticker on all the drones you own. You must also upload it into the ‘remote identification system’ of your drone(s).

Once registered in the host country, the drone operator’s registration will be valid across Europe and the operator will be required to follow all the provisions of the Drone Regulation.

If you intend to operate in the ’specific’ category, you must submit a declaration for a standard scenario or apply for an operational authorisation to the National Aviation Authority of the EU Member State(s) where you registered.

If you want to conduct operations in a Member State different from the one in which you registered, you need to follow the same procedure as all other national citizens of the Member State where you registered. Refer to question ‘I plan to provide services (commercial and other) with drone(s)‘.

Regulatory reference: Art.41 (1) and (2) of EU regulation 2019/945.

Screenshot 2022-06-11 042325.png
2022-6-10
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-10 19:21
Yes because it has a camera. Scrub that, that only applies to EU residents, outside of the EU you have to register regardless...

Thanks for the info!
2022-6-10
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-10 19:21
Yes because it has a camera. Scrub that, that only applies to EU residents, outside of the EU you have to register regardless...

[Image]

I too have been wondering how this works.

Thanks very much for pulling the relevent info out into this post and sharing.

VERY useful info.
2022-6-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 6-11 06:13
I too have been wondering how this works.

Thanks very much for pulling the relevent info out into this post and sharing.

No probs and ya welcome
2022-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules