But after all, what signal range problems
632 22 2022-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nuvasif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 129656 ft
Portugal

Isn't it true that the Mini 3 pro must be operated in VLOS (line of sight)?
Of course it does, so I don't understand the "pilots" complaints about the lack of signal range. Unless some have super vision and can see the Mini 3 Pro from 2, 3 or 4 km away.

2022-6-14
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

People want and need a solid and reliable connection for their filming projects, but that doesn't mean that everybody wants to fly away until it loses connection. I fly my Mini 2 out to 4km. Why? Because want it to. I fly my FPV planes out to 64km (my personal record) because I like it. I have been doing long range flights safely since 2012. Not one incident because I apply common sense. No government pencil neck can stop me. The careless/idiots always do dumb stuff because that's what they do, even though there are laws and rules that tell them not to do it.
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nuvasif. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best information with regards to this matter. Just a friendly reminder that DJI highly recommend to follow the rules and regulations when flying your DJI Drones to avoid an untoward incidents. Thank you and keep safe always.
2022-6-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Falcoc Posted at 6-14 11:30
People want and need a solid and reliable connection for their filming projects, but that doesn't mean that everybody wants to fly away until it loses connection. I fly my Mini 2 out to 4km. Why? Because want it to. I fly my FPV planes out to 64km (my personal record) because I like it. I have been doing long range flights safely since 2012. Not one incident because I apply common sense. No government pencil neck can stop me. The careless/idiots always do dumb stuff because that's what they do, even though there are laws and rules that tell them not to do it.

So the law doesn’t apply to you then. Are you in some way special
2022-6-14
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-14 21:46
So the law doesn’t apply to you then. Are you in some way special

Hi Sparky, just a regular person. Why do you people can't stand folks who don't submit to idiocy?
2022-6-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Falcoc Posted at 6-14 22:02
Hi Sparky, just a regular person. Why do you people can't stand folks who don't submit to idiocy?

See if you can work that one out
2022-6-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same exact reason that drivers do not stick to the speed limits of the road, its because we can go over it, there is no difference whatsoever, both are breaking the law.
I must add that just because the drone can (most of the time) fly ok within the subscribed limits of the law, it is not proof that the range is great.
2022-6-14
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

In my country if you pass exam and register your drone you can request VLOS exception for the flight.
2022-6-14
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

i appreciate both sides of the argument here. I think it's fair to say that the manufacturer perhaps listed a potentially un-realistic feature that is to be expected from a consumers stand point.

I read the spec list on DJI's website and it states that the DJI Mini 3 Pro has a range of up to 12km as per FCC. If we read it as is then it clearly states the 'drone' has this range, it does not indicate the controller has this range. It's the way I seem to read it.

I will admit that, Yes the Mini 3 Pro appears to have range issues in certain locations and applications, I won't dispute that as I too have noticed it. Is it a problem???? Perhaps for some users, Yes. These users aren't people who want to fly vast distances to prove a point, but are more so users who have noticed a degradation in signal quality in applications where they normally would not have any signal degradation issues. This is what I assume is the case with the range concern.

As for the users only claiming to get up to 300m, I am confused and to some degree slightly skeptical. These drones aren't hand made originals, they are mass produced clones of each other and therefore if a few have a range issue then they should all have this issue but it appears they don't.

2022-6-15
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 6-15 00:30
i appreciate both sides of the argument here. I think it's fair to say that the manufacturer perhaps listed a potentially un-realistic feature that is to be expected from a consumers stand point.

I read the spec list on DJI's website and it states that the DJI Mini 3 Pro has a range of up to 12km as per FCC. If we read it as is then it clearly states the 'drone' has this range, it does not indicate the controller has this range. It's the way I seem to read it.

Well said

Mine is due for delivery 01.07.22 and while I will always fly no further than 800 max  I would be upset if I was having signal strength issues, DJI made a big mistake saying it could fly 12km makes people feel that the signal must be rock solid

I know this subject has been covered so much on the forum, so many posts about the same subject

Lets see what firmware or statement DJI make on the subject
2022-6-15
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

VLOS is primarily so that a city guard or other officer can easily track who is flying a drone in this area. The orange vest is to help him in this. The world went crazy on all sides.
2022-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Falcoc Posted at 6-14 11:30
People want and need a solid and reliable connection for their filming projects, but that doesn't mean that everybody wants to fly away until it loses connection. I fly my Mini 2 out to 4km. Why? Because want it to. I fly my FPV planes out to 64km (my personal record) because I like it. I have been doing long range flights safely since 2012. Not one incident because I apply common sense. No government pencil neck can stop me. The careless/idiots always do dumb stuff because that's what they do, even though there are laws and rules that tell them not to do it.

What a plonker…
2022-6-15
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Exib Posted at 6-15 00:40
Well said

Mine is due for delivery 01.07.22 and while I will always fly no further than 800 max  I would be upset if I was having signal strength issues, DJI made a big mistake saying it could fly 12km makes people feel that the signal must be rock solid

Thanks,

When yours arrives you will be very happy with it as I am with mine. The drone has performed in every application I have made use of it and I am very happy with the performance and quality.

2022-6-15
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Agreed, my Plonker detector alerted me.
2022-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 6-15 00:30

I read the spec list on DJI's website and it states that the DJI Mini 3 Pro has a range of up to 12km as per FCC. If we read it as is then it clearly states the 'drone' has this range, it does not indicate the controller has this range. It's the way I seem to read it.

I do agree very much in what you say. It is possible to reach advertised distances and we have some. But it is clearly mentioned in your manual only in optimum conditions.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 6-15 00:45
Thanks,

When yours arrives you will be very happy with it as I am with mine. The drone has performed in every application I have made use of it and I am very happy with the performance and quality.

Haven't you made posts where thers issues though?
2022-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tuxtard Posted at 6-14 23:59
In my country if you pass exam and register your drone you can request VLOS exception for the flight.

You can but you must have the applicable license and provide an SOP along with a full risk assessment plan .
2022-6-15
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-15 00:48
I do agree very much in what you say. It is possible to reach advertised distances and we have some. But it is clearly mentioned in your manual only in optimum conditions.

So true,

If they say it can get 12km range it probably can, will it be controllable or the video feed be viewable....probably not. It just means that during testing it may have had signal being received at the 12km irrespective of quality. This proves that the advertising is correct somewhat.
2022-6-15
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-15 00:49
Haven't you made posts where thers issues though?

Yes, just the one off gimbal jitter. After doing a gimbal calibration, I haven't experienced it again.

Cheers
2022-6-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In rural areas, most of the time my Mini 3 is fine - although does suffer some sudden drops, which ruin any footage as the control goes jerky.
2022-6-15
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In rural areas, most of the time my Mini 3 is fine - although does suffer some sudden drops, which ruin any footage as the control goes jerky.  In urban areas, I can get consistent disconnections and RTH's at 300m, which is definitely within my VLOS.  I can't ever recall my Mini 2 disconnecting in the same locations at less than 500m
2022-6-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-14 22:21
Same exact reason that drivers do not stick to the speed limits of the road, its because we can go over it, there is no difference whatsoever, both are breaking the law.
I must add that just because the drone can (most of the time) fly ok within the subscribed limits of the law, it is not proof that the range is great.

When you have done your own test let us all know what you think
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-15 01:44
When you have done your own test let us all know what you think

It's a topic for all to join in regardless of what they own, so do one troll....
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules