Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EBAY~ What do you mean...Send it back for a refund!
2439 7 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markkinley
First Officer

United States

Hello Folks,

I gotta share this with you.
I purchased my "new phantom vision 2 plus on ebay " (october 9, 2014), the terms were "No returns offered".
As stated in this forum, I had my camera damaged by a bird strike while flying waypoints. I contacted Square Trade and they would not allow me to file a claim because the damage happened within the first 30 days of purchase. They said to contact the seller on ebay and ask for a replacement/refund...

I stated the problem to ebay and they opened a case on the item. I absloutely resufed to pin this issue on the seller..." had recieved a functioning unit after all."

As of today, square trade offered to refund my money for the warrany and Ebay wants me to send the unit back to the seller "as item not described" and get a refund..
I told them that I wanted to keep the unit but just replace the camera..... "I'm caught between a rock and a hard place"..

This is very frustrationg...
FYI~ for all you ebay purchaser on here, "dont fly it until 31 days" after purchase and by all means get the squaretrade warrany as soon as you get it.

Now I'm questioning wheter to buy a replacment camera on my own and /or invest into the Inspire 1.

Send it back for a full refund... "Just isn't the right thing to do!"

Had  to vent!!!

2014-12-1
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

How could you possibly send it back for refund any way?  Thas bad advice dude. You should not send it back for RMA either.  You need to do the right thing and buy a  new camera. Its an act of god no ones fault (except the birds) and he ain't paying up either.
2014-12-1
Use props
MacCool
lvl.4

United States

IMHO, there are a lot of glitches and immaturities in the Phantom series. I can only guess at the problems that will crop up being an early adopter of the Inspire.

If I were you, I'd follow through on the Square Trade warranty and send the whole unit back. The Vision+ camera/gimbal by itself is $679, and Square Trade apparently doesn't want to buy it for you. I can understand that since it's all part of the same package. They probably don't have any kind of mechanism to just replace components of the package.
2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think you are going to need to purchase a camera and stay clear of birds.  SquareTrade does have the 30 day start on replacement; kind of sucks but they expect that issued would be covered by manufacturer but in this case you can't really say that this is an issue with the Phantom itself so I agree with you that you don't really have a warranty claim either.  Sending it back will just leave you out cash and copter as I can't see the seller to agree refunding you for something like a bird strike.
2014-12-1
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Without knowing exactly how badly your camera is damaged let me suggest another option.  Take some photos of the damage and try contacting www.usdronerepair.com (go to the bottom of the page) and see if they think it's repairable.  If the ribbon cable is still good it might only cost you $80 bucks and shipping.

Otherwise it's bite the bullet time and spending the $675.00 for a new camera.
2014-12-2
Use props
markkinley
First Officer

United States

Thanks folks for the replies,
I agreed the the problem was an act of nature. I will not return it back to the seller.
And thanks gil for the link.
I'll look for a repair alternative before buying another camera.

"To me it dos't make sense to buy the same type camera that has a  fragile gimbal and put it back on my bird".
Doe's anyone know if DJI has or sells an improved version of this camera?
This accident defeated the reason for the purchase and I don't like having a $1200 bird sitting around idle!

I see these PV2+ selling like crazy on ebay with damaged cameras, I might sell it "AS-IS" and go with a new one... I learned my lesson with Square Trade and Ebay Warranty on this issue.
2014-12-2
Use props
anthony_c
New

United States

Hey Mark,

Just curious to know how this all worked out for you? Any luck?
2014-12-30
Use props
markkinley
First Officer

United States

Square Trade will  not honor any claim that is purchased from Ebay, if the failure occurs within 30 days. Square trade stated that within that 30 day window, the"Ebay money back guarantee" is now you warranty coverage.

~ Ebay money back guarantee means -  open a case against the seller and wait until the dispute is resolved (30 days or more)  to receive a refund. All that does is create a bigger problem.

In my case, I purchased the item from Ebay and then purchased Square trade warranty . If I had waited to report this failure after 31 days it would not had been an issue... i purchased accident coverage. I'll replace the camera myself.
FYI
2014-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules