DJI FLY APP INSTALL FIX for SAMSUNG and ANDROID
4646 18 2022-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4f5d0fe1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600 ft
United States

If you are like me, you were really upset to find that Fly App did not work on your S10, or S10e, or S20, or S20fe phones. It also did not work on LG or cheaper Samsung phones.
DJI Customer service was no help.
Downloading the APKs from DJI  may not have worked for you either.
Here is the fix.  Do this. in the order explained.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC7E9tYxqZM

JUST DO IT

you are welcome
2022-6-16
Use props
E-ManN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32713 ft
Canada

Today I went out to fly ...
got to my destination and coulld not lauch the DJI Fly app. re-launched the app several times and rebooted the controller and the drone several times.  Uninstalled and then could not find it in Google play store.  Tried to download the apk but could not install as my cell is a work phone which has policies installed to block sideloading APKs.  

Went back home and used my old Samsung S7.  Factory reset .. downloaded the DJI Fly APK from DJI Site and side loaded it.  
It works !, from what I can see without actual flight it looks as it should...
The only problem is this phone has a deactivated SIM so when I connect to aircraft no satellites.  I will test more later this week in an actual flight. I really hope the GPS works as when I make my flight vidoes I would really like the GPS co-ordinates to show up in my maps and guages.  Anyone know how the flight logs are affected when you do not have an activated SIM in your cell ? Does return to home still work ?  Will I lose my map data and GPS co-ordinates.  This really bites! The drone is quickly becoming a $600 bookend !

BTW .. my work cell is Samsung a32

2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your feedback here. And we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. You can always check this link to get more details of compatibility information: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly  Our engineers are also continuing to develop, if your phone is temporarily not in the compatibility list, please also don't worry. And also you can always contact the DJI Support team through the link below when you need assistance: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-6-16
Use props
E-ManN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32713 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-16 19:18
Hello, there. Thanks for your feedback here. And we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. You can always check this link to get more details of compatibility information: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly  Our engineers are also continuing to develop, if your phone is temporarily not in the compatibility list, please also don't worry. And also you can always contact the DJI Support team through the link below when you need assistance: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

Today's Test Flight .... got 3 videos but no flight data folder on phone and video cache directory on phone is there but empty.

The Drone's removeable SD card has the 3 videos which I was able to retrieve. This really sucks and I am frustrated.

MY old Samsung Galaxy S7 is compatible as the the DJI Fly app I downloaded from DJI's Site 2 days ago works.

Details ....
- Samsung Galaxy s7
- Android 8.0
- internal memory on the S7 is 25 GB of which 19.9 GB is free
- my cell phone has a deactivated SIM in it but when I was flying the drone it updated GPS home position at startup (as it usually does) and then displayed connected to 14 Satellites.

I really need the flight data to create my video with the telemtry.

any ideas why I have no flight data now ... on my new work phone the Samsung a32 had flight data saved on it.

but then that was the old version of DJI fly installed from Google PLay which stopped working a few days ago.  Due to corp restrictions (work phone) on my A32 I am not able to sideload APKs on that phone.

How do I get my flight data to be saved on my Samsung Galaxy S7 ?
2022-6-18
Use props
Twopine27510
lvl.1

United States

when will dji have a fix for the Fly app on an S21+ running Android 11?

getting ridiculous how long its taking to fix.

please dont give a link to an apk from your download center because they dont work.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

E-ManN Posted at 6-18 18:04
Today's Test Flight .... got 3 videos but no flight data folder on phone and video cache directory on phone is there but empty.

The Drone's removeable SD card has the 3 videos which I was able to retrieve. This really sucks and I am frustrated.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. We will confirm your problem and reply to you as soon as possible. Please don't worry.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Twopine27510 Posted at 6-20 16:36
when will dji have a fix for the Fly app on an S21+ running Android 11?

getting ridiculous how long its taking to fix.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working on it. You can change a phone to solve this problem and if there are any updates about this problem, you can also check our website: www.dji.com Sorry again for this problem.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

E-ManN Posted at 6-18 18:04
Today's Test Flight .... got 3 videos but no flight data folder on phone and video cache directory on phone is there but empty.

Update: S21 should already be compatible, please test it. In addition, you can connect the computer to see the flight records folder, and then export the flight records from this folder. If you still meet any problems or questions, please send us a related video. Thanks in advance.
2022-6-20
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

Thanks!

Great shot, but that did not work on my Pixel 6 Pro using the installer that he referenced.  Oh well.
2022-6-21
Use props
tonered
Second Officer
Flight distance : 279383 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-20 17:55
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working on it. You can change a phone to solve this problem and if there are any updates about this problem, you can also check our website: www.dji.com Sorry again for this problem.

Thanks for the info.  This is more than is being noted in the other threads.
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tonered Posted at 6-21 09:08
Thanks for the info.  This is more than is being noted in the other threads.

You are welcome and if you have more needs or questions, just contact us all the time.
2022-6-21
Use props
fans4f5d0fe1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-20 17:55
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working on it. You can change a phone to solve this problem and if there are any updates about this problem, you can also check our website: www.dji.com Sorry again for this problem.

Working on it since 2021????  Not likely.  This issue has been reported since Dec 2021.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans4f5d0fe1 Posted at 6-22 06:28
Working on it since 2021????  Not likely.  This issue has been reported since Dec 2021.

Hello, there. It may need some time and we have urged them to check this problem.  Please rest assured and we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Hope you can understand and for the update, you can always check our official website: www.dji.com.
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_e0VRmP6SlPy8
New
Flight distance : 565052 ft
Australia

Why was my samsung s20+ working fine with Mavic air 2 for over 12 months and suddenly it stops. Have tried all the downloads via DJI & apk etc etc
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_CHwT7s7BGTyS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24347 ft
Germany

Same here. Is it possible to receive the beta fix file? I bought the drone especially for this Trip. An now it is useless ;-(
2022-8-11
Use props
fans4f5d0fe1
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_CHwT7s7BGTyS Posted at 8-11 10:56
Same here. Is it possible to receive the beta fix file? I bought the drone especially for this Trip. An now it is useless ;-(

did you try this fix.  ought to work.
2022-8-11
Use props
aeFirefly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24347 ft
Croatia

fans4f5d0fe1 Posted at 8-11 12:02

did you try this fix.  ought to work.

Worked! Thank you
2022-8-13
Use props
djiuser_Rw24lcXasjmS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22320 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have a mini 3 pro with RC controller so no issue with flying but I can not use the dji fly app to download my footage from the drone sd card to my Samsung S20 Ultra. This is causing me major issues. Please can you tell me how to overcome this. The drone will not wifi connect to the S20 Ultra in the dji fly app. Just keeps saying CAN NOT  Connect.
2022-8-27
Use props
Frixo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2168891 ft

Mexico

Ok, DJI wasnt help, and I was able to use the app on the same phones before last update, sorry DJI, I preffer Litchi now.
2-16 20:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules