Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Mini 3 Pro Firmware Released (6/16/2022)
12Next >
9743 43 2022-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.06.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0150
  • DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0117
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0300
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.6
  • DJI Fly App Android:        v1.6.6

What’s New?
  • Added support for Japanese RID requirements (requires DJI Fly v1.6.6 or later).
  • Optimized QuickTransfer to work in a low-power state, prolonged the usage time for QuickTransfer.

Notes:
  • If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2022-6-16
Use props
Frontliner 2020
First Officer
Philippines

thank you for the update and info...
2022-6-16
Use props
Andre vd Weide
First Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dji fly is still 1.6.4 on download  for the rc-n1 for android
2022-6-16
Use props
neodraig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145020 ft
France

Why haven't you fixed the vignetting/darkening problem of the 12MP DNGs ?
You did something wrong with the embedded profile (just compare with the 48MP DNGs) and that makes them unusable to creates panoramas

PLEASE FIX THAT ASAP.
2022-6-16
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI You have to fix 360 panoramas not covering the sky but You fiddle with other stuff producing yet another FW I'll pass on as it's not relevant to me.
2022-6-16
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Captain
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dji for your dedicated time and effort on this update.
2022-6-17
Use props
Nazar78
Captain
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

After this update, the aircraft seems to often prompt to shut down after moments of idle not flying. I.e. when you leave it on the ground, motors off, to configure some settings. Think it's due to prevent excessive heat while there's no air flow. Compared to my Mavics, this Mini 3 does really heats up a lot. But at least give an option to cancel the shutdown. After the prompt, the screen freezes, followed by RC disconnects then aircraft turns off. I just hope it doesn't do this in mid air lol.
2022-6-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nazar78 Posted at 6-17 09:38
After this update, the aircraft seems to often prompt to shut down after moments of idle not flying. I.e. when you leave it on the ground, motors off, to configure some settings. Think it's due to prevent excessive heat while there's no air flow. Compared to my Mavics, this Mini 3 does really heats up a lot. But at least give an option to cancel the shutdown. After the prompt, the screen freezes, followed by RC disconnects then aircraft turns off. I just hope it doesn't do this in mid air lol.

It is because as you said, it over heats very quickly so it shuts down to protect circuits.
2022-6-17
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 111106 ft
India

They had to rip out the cooling I guess to keep it under 250gm
2022-6-17
Use props
TIMOTION STUDIO
Netherlands

I'm getting an error both trough updating the firmware (v01.00.0150) for the drone through the RC and DJI Assistant 2...On the RC it gives a "-4000" error code and on the assistant software on my computer "update failed. (1-36-6)!
Please assist. I've tried it multiple times the last 3 hours...

EDIT: sometimes I also get a (1-2-6)
2022-6-17
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Delete this post if required.
2022-6-17
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update failed. Please advise.
Error code:-4 DJI RC Update from 01.00.0200 to DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0300.

Video:
2022-6-17
Use props
xanthos84
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253845 ft
  • >>>
Austria

for me the update shows a little bit more information:

i am in the EU... maybe thats why? .. better image transmission! looking forward to this because  i get transmission errors from 300m and more.
2022-6-17
Use props
FlyRacer
First Officer
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What about the range problems?
2022-6-18
Use props
Dwarfii
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Please fix range issue. 18KM my backside. Max 1.2KM then total signal loss. direct line of sight, no local interference, on the coast.
2022-6-18
Use props
MySky
Captain
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Dwarfii Posted at 6-18 10:00
DJI Please fix range issue. 18KM my backside. Max 1.2KM then total signal loss. direct line of sight, no local interference, on the coast.

Refer to the manual and the difference between "max. flight distance" depending on the battery you use and the "max. transmission distance", max. distance away from you and keep in mind. that these are under theoretical ideal conditions, which will never be reached.
2022-6-18
Use props
De Fender
Flight distance : 141 ft
Germany

@MySky: why does it work then without an issue on other drones?
2022-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Please fix range issue. 18KM my backside. Max 1.2KM then total signal loss. direct line of sight, no local interference, on the coast.

18km is max flight distance you can fly using 249 battery, meaning you can go around in circles at optimum speed in windless conditions and its possible you can fly for 18km or 25km using bigger powered battery.

Max transmission in CE areas which you are is 8km and the max distance in one direction is 7-12 km this has only been achieved in controlled conditions.

There are various different things you can do to help and insure longer distance IE correct line of sight correct positioning of controller you can follow this on radar on fly app, your compass on RC should be calibrated correctly. Make sure Bluetooth and WiFi are turned off, make sure you are flying in correct hrtz for area you’re flying in , flying at correct height will also help.

Interference comes from many different things and is not always the same in areas you fly. For instance fly over urban areas in the middle of the day as opposed to 5,6,7 pm and you will notice big difference in interference.

The claims made by dji are really one off, but this will also be proven to be correct when you watch distance flying on YT , but if you’re expecting this all of the time, you might need an engine ;+)
2022-6-19
Use props
MySky
Captain
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

De Fender Posted at 6-19 01:51
@MySky: why does it work then without an issue on other drones?

One thought is it is related to the antenna design and the other is it is related to the automatic frequency hoping and switching between 2.4 and 5 GHz, which seems not to work as should or both together.
If you select manually either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, depending on the area you are flying at, the connection seems to be more stable and the range is better.
And BTW, even with other drones, people do have the same issues as reported several times.
2022-6-19
Use props
De Fender
Germany

I tried to manually select for 2.4GHz but I am pretty sure this option/setting does nothing/has a bug because when you go back after you have changed it it is back on auto
2022-6-19
Use props
EdwvLVXnmeVZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213 ft
Canada

De Fender Posted at 6-19 10:28
I tried to manually select for 2.4GHz but I am pretty sure this option/setting does nothing/has a bug because when you go back after you have changed it it is back on auto

You can change it and does stick. But yes I've see it do that also.

However 2.4Ghz is total crap on the M3P.
It's half the range of 5Ghz.
The 2.4G power output is very low.
And that's even in FCC mode.

Looks like DJI made this a 5Ghz drone.
Using the frequencies backwards.
(eg 2.4G for close and 5G for long range)
Completely opposite of how it should be.

In comparison.
Where a Mavic Pro (the original, 7 years old), can do 3.5KM on 2.4Ghz
The Mini 3 Pro can only do 1.5KM in 2.4Ghz
But switch the M3P to 5Ghz and it can go to 4KM in the same location.

So clearly DJI is limiting 2.4Ghz use.
I can understand why.
Since 5Ghz is lower latency and more bandwidth for the 1080p video.

The 2.4Ghz is rated at the same power level as the 5.8Ghz, as per manual spec.
That just doesn't seem to be the case.
2022-6-19
Use props
fans19c383e1
lvl.1
United States

This guy has a good explanation of why there are range issues…..   

https://youtu.be/-vbkURClSFI
2022-6-19
Use props
De Fender
Germany

wow thank you for the last 2 posts that is the most plausible and helpfull explanation for this topic - I will try it out with my next flight.
If manually selecting 5Ghz gives me 1km - 1.5km range without signal dropouts I am fine. So far I only tested manually selecting 2.4GHz as lower frequencies usually give a longer range.
2022-6-19
Use props
fans13cc824f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218146 ft
United Kingdom

Can I ask is the RC controller supplied with the Mini 3 compatible with the Mavic 3 yet?
2022-6-21
Use props
fans13cc824f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218146 ft
United Kingdom

Can I ask does the RC supplied with the Mini 3 support the Mavic 3 yet?
2022-6-21
Use props
De Fender
Germany

no its not compatible yet

back to the original topic:
I did a test today the new software does nothing in solving the loosing signal issue.
Also manually selecting 2.4 or 5.8 does not change anything … but still my manual settings dont stick. Even though I can select 2.4 or 5.8 or dual in the first line the second line of the settings has only one setting „Auto“ and not like seen in the above video „Auto“ and „Manuell“
2022-6-22
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
Flight distance : 644603 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Quick transfer doesn’t work for me!
Any hints?
2022-6-22
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62943 ft
United States

Mini-G Posted at 6-22 03:00
Quick transfer doesn’t work for me!
Any hints?

Are you trying to quick transfer your imagery onto a cellphone? If so, try turning off your cellular connection when attempting the quick transfer and then ensure only wifi is turned on, on your phone. This worked for me. Before doing this I would get a spinning wheel and no progress when trying to quick transfer files from the aircraft to my iPhone X.
Here's a Youtube link that worked for me:

2022-6-23
Use props
fans8168a530
lvl.1

Australia

using new extended batteries in mild headwind RTH generates a continuous, red, battery “over current” error message. the drone is flying at 10m/s ground speed. The wind might be 4m/s not much more (if it was more it could not keep 10m/s)

The range over water using FCC power (private property), line of sight with elevated position no interference visible, on smart controller, with bluetooth and wifi off, starts to get iffy at 3000m with the drone at 100m alt. Iffy as in 3 bars and orange. It could go further but I expect signal loss not too much beyond that.
edit:

From looking at a screen recording done by controller, drone stuck to 5.8ghz. Noise was at floor. All things being equal, with no noise, 2.4ghz should give longer range than 5.8ghz, yes? perhaps this drone is throttling 2.4ghz? perhaps the antennas are optimized for 5.8ghz?

Also, during RTH against wind, speed was actually ~8m/s not 10, indicating it was using max power to not get to 10m/s,
and obviously using max power continuously triggers the over-current warning. It would be nice if RTH was done at max safe continuous power.. or the warning threshold was raised.

please also add est. wind strength and direction calculation. The drone should be able to estimate wind by attitude and motor power?
2022-6-23
Use props
fansa61ca11f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1790633 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Got this today.

2022-6-24
Use props
WebStone
lvl.1
Austria

20 mal versucht update bricht bei 89% ab. wie geht es weiter? zurückgeben ?
2022-6-25
Use props
bxq
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

so that update changed screen recording resolution from 960x480 to 960x540 and encoder from HEVC (H265 Main @L3.0) to HEVC (H265 Main @L3.1) while dropping AAC 2.0 96kbps stereo 48.000 kHz from the file created completely [pre update there was audio track created, silent now it's null'ed - still not 1080p that is received by DJI RC thanks to O3 standard...
2022-6-25
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.3
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 6-17 15:54
Error code:-4 DJI RC Update from 01.00.0200 to DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0300.

I'm getting a similar problem. I can't download any firmware updates over my home's WiFi. I can only download them when I'm connected to my cellphone's hotspot connection to 4G LTE. My error reads like this: "Server error. Wait a moment and try again (Error code: -8)." Any resolution yet or other ideas?
2022-6-25
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-23 13:41
Are you trying to quick transfer your imagery onto a cellphone? If so, try turning off your cellular connection when attempting the quick transfer and then ensure only wifi is turned on, on your phone. This worked for me. Before doing this I would get a spinning wheel and no progress when trying to quick transfer files from the aircraft to my iPhone X.
Here's a Youtube link that worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwYUIdybHtE

That’s great!!

Does anyone know how to reset the transfer path options?
The pop up doesn’t show up anymore
2022-6-26
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.3
United States

Mini-G Posted at 6-26 03:33
That’s great!!

Does anyone know how to reset the transfer path options?

Look for a download arrow somewhere on the screen. It may either look like a downward arrow or a downward arrow pointing to a box or line. This should be where you can choose to download your imagery...either onto the DJI Fly app folder or directly to your photos folder on your cellphone. Hope this helps.
2022-6-26
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-26 09:44
Look for a download arrow somewhere on the screen. It may either look like a downward arrow or a downward arrow pointing to a box or line. This should be where you can choose to download your imagery...either onto the DJI Fly app folder or directly to your photos folder on your cellphone. Hope this helps.

I pressed the “don’t show this option again” tick box…
I;ll look out for this
2022-6-27
Use props
Dragonfyr
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 6-17 15:54

In relation to my failed update.

I just gave it a few days so DJI could fix any issues and giving tech time always helps. And yes, the firmware update has worked and I am now at the most recent version.

I <3 DJI
Thanks and good luck everyone
2022-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It really can easily do 18km and if you have bigger battery 24km, this is the flying time not the max distance thats 6/8km .
2022-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdwvLVXnmeVZ Posted at 6-19 14:35
You can change it and does stick. But yes I've see it do that also.

However 2.4Ghz is total crap on the M3P.

I guess you are only talking about North America.
2022-6-30
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

and its completely killed my quick transfer now! used to be hard to get it to work before now it dont work at all! cheers.
2022-7-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules