files all reset to 0001
588 7 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

No real issue I hope, flew during the week.  Files ended at DJI_0230.mp4 on Monday then on Wednesday the files started over at DJI_0001.mp4.  Anyone else have this happen?  Beginning to think my Mini 2 has a mind of its own.
2022-6-17
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing you didn't format the SD card?
2022-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This has been the case ever since DJI introduced the DJI Fly app a few years back.
But if you format the cards in your computer rather than in the drone, that seems to allow continuous file index rather than always resetting to 001.
2022-6-17
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I did format it, done this before and it hasn't reset!  This time however I formatted it in the drone through the fly app.  Is this the difference?  So if I format in the PC it will preserve the file numbering but not through the app?
2022-6-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Presumably you have shot video or taken some photo graphs. On a computer etc. rename them in accordance with the old naming scheme, e.g. 0231, 0232, 023.......0xyz, put the card back in the drone and take a photo, the drone should name that photo 0xyz+1.
All it needs is a suitable file, in the correct folder, that has the name, including the extension, of the last video/photo.
2022-6-18
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nope none of that was done.  Simply copied the single video file 0230 from the card via an adapter in the laptop onto my external SSD drive.  Formatted the card and put it back in.  Usual method however is just to delete the files without formatting so maybe that was where the difference came in.  Not really bothered as i always make folders with names as per the date taken to copy the files into so nothing usually gets mixed up. not a problem just that it hasn't happened to me before.
2022-6-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rockbyter Posted at 6-19 09:18
Nope none of that was done.  Simply copied the single video file 0230 from the card via an adapter in the laptop onto my external SSD drive.  Formatted the card and put it back in.  Usual method however is just to delete the files without formatting so maybe that was where the difference came in.  Not really bothered as i always make folders with names as per the date taken to copy the files into so nothing usually gets mixed up. not a problem just that it hasn't happened to me before.

Format in the drone and your file index resets to zero.
Format in the computer and it continues from the last number used.
2022-6-19
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks, that explains it.
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules