1715 51 2022-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Has anyone else noticed after the latest update that flying with the RC Pro at a distance away the signal drops 1 bar from full then suddenly its dead. Previously it would gradually drop a signal bar at a time until it goes to red before a disconnect. Today 2 flights same area and it went from full to drop 1 bar to no signal and when it reconnects the signal bar is zero and then in red. I could flly this same area before with n isses prior to the 0700 update. Still have no Airsense has well, a medic helicopter went over and was 1km from drone and no warning at all.

Dji, you fixed the GPS and added features, nice but fix the rest of the drone and stop breaking things that worked with every update.
2022-6-18
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to hear your having issues with your Mavic 3 perhaps you need to send it in to DJI
2022-6-18
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

I am very satisfied with my Mavic 3 and the latest firmware update.  Thank you DJI ……
2022-6-18
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember frankymusik having the same problem as well in a later post but for my self I haven’t experienced this.
2022-6-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MHM Posted at 6-18 19:20
Sorry to hear your having issues with your Mavic 3 perhaps you need to send it in to DJI

Seems like you changed your original post- Why. I am posting about issues I am having which is my money spent. If you have no issues I am really happy

2022-6-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-18 19:35
I remember frankymusik having the same problem as well in a later post but for my self I haven’t experienced this.

Thanks, hopefully he comes on and say what he did to resolve
2022-6-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MHM Posted at 6-18 19:21
I am very satisfied with my Mavic 3 and the latest firmware update.  Thank you DJI ……

Surprising because not long ago you wanted to return your Mavic 3 because of a braking issues
2022-6-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dude...dang, I have not checked the forum in many days for latest news. Thanks for letting me know about the GPS fix. I just flew it in the dead of darkness tonight and it went well and quick. Maybe this thing can be useful after all. Of course this cheap bastard typing now does not have the PC Pro, so maybe...
2022-6-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 6-18 20:27
Dude...dang, I have not checked the forum in many days for latest news. Thanks for letting me know about the GPS fix. I just flew it in the dead of darkness tonight and it went well and quick. Maybe this thing can be useful after all. Of course this cheap bastard typing now does not have the PC Pro, so maybe...

I flew again with the RC N1 and Range was so much better. Signal went down gradually as it should before disconnect so it points to a possible issue or dumbing down of the RC Pro.
2022-6-18
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-18 19:44
Thanks, hopefully he comes on and say what he did to resolve

I don’t know if he resolved it but just gave a warning to other users.
2022-6-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-18 23:23
I don’t know if he resolved it but just gave a warning to other users.

Thanks for that
2022-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I flew yesterday only up to 1k but very solid signal in both areas I expected interference and none.

Not sure if you’re wearing ear phones but you can hear and see helicopters from over 5k away and medic helicopters are usually big and they’re  not stealth.
2022-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 6-19 01:51
I flew yesterday only up to 1k but very solid signal in both areas I expected interference and none.

Not sure if you’re wearing ear phones but you can hear and see helicopters from over 5k away and medic helicopters are usually big and they’re  not stealth.

I am not so stressed about the Airsense but something killed the range on RC Pro to drone. I like my long flights and range was solid before I updated.
2022-6-19
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Suren,  After I posted the original post I thought  it may have come across rude, which was not my intention.   I was thinking about returning/Exchanging  my Mavic 3  due to the hard braking but  thought , it would probably be the same with a new Mavic 3 so I decided to keep it.  I really like the Mavic 3 and how far it has come.  What do you think of the new firmware update below ?  Do you think it may help with your issues ? I was going to update but now having second thoughts.  

Date: 2022.06.16
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0800
RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.0600
DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0800
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.4
DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.4
2022-6-19
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

I updated mine to Ver .800 aircraft firmware, but have NOT updated the RC Pro firmware yet, as don't want to revert back to CE, tried a quick flight earlier & it flew fantastic range, just as I expected.

Can you try reverting to previous firmware from here to re check any difference >

DJI Firmware Downloads for Previous Versions
2022-6-19
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-19 00:56
Thanks for that

No problem.
2022-6-19
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

I have airsense working on a regular remote control, it showed the helicopter as far as 3 km from me. And in general, I have no previous complaints about the range and blocking of gps. Annoying only defective poi
2022-6-19
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

Suren, you put fcc mod from China on rc pro, maybe this is the reason?
It does not work on the new firmware?
2022-6-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-18 22:20
I flew again with the RC N1 and Range was so much better. Signal went down gradually as it should before disconnect so it points to a possible issue or dumbing down of the RC Pro.

That sounds like a valid comparison to this test engineer. Apples=Apples and Oranges=Oranges. You are on the right track.
2022-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MHM Posted at 6-19 13:46
Suren,  After I posted the original post I thought  it may have come across rude, which was not my intention.   I was thinking about returning/Exchanging  my Mavic 3  due to the hard braking but  thought , it would probably be the same with a new Mavic 3 so I decided to keep it.  I really like the Mavic 3 and how far it has come.  What do you think of the new firmware update below ?  Do you think it may help with your issues ? I was going to update but now having second thoughts.  

Date: 2022.06.16

Thanks for the reply. Honestly I feel the drone was better on the 0700 FW and RC Pro on 0600 FW.You don't gain much by upgrading to 0800. If you have a working drone at the  current FW you are on, stay with it. I won't advise anyone to go past 0700. I upgraded thinking it might get Airsense going but even that did not get fixed. I will downgrade again
2022-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tony64 Posted at 6-19 13:56
I updated mine to Ver .800 aircraft firmware, but have NOT updated the RC Pro firmware yet, as don't want to revert back to CE, tried a quick flight earlier & it flew fantastic range, just as I expected.

Can you try reverting to previous firmware from here to re check any difference >

Yeah I was for AC on 0700 and RC Pro on 0600 and had no issues then our mate said can update to latest FW as he got it all working for RC Pro which I did not realising the issue I was going to face
2022-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 6-19 19:30
That sounds like a valid comparison to this test engineer. Apples=Apples and Oranges=Oranges. You are on the right track.

Yes that is why I believe the issue is RC Pro update.
2022-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Oldschool Posted at 6-19 15:54
I have airsense working on a regular remote control, it showed the helicopter as far as 3 km from me. And in general, I have no previous complaints about the range and blocking of gps. Annoying only defective poi

On both RC Pro and RC N1 with iPhone the manned aircrafts show up in the maps when close or at a distance but it is supposed to give a warning when the manned aircraft gets to close to the drone. Like I said before I had a medic helicopter get very close to the drone and at low altitude but got no warning, nothing. If I did not open the map when I heard the medic I would not have know how close it actually was.
2022-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Oldschool Posted at 6-19 15:57
Suren, you put fcc mod from China on rc pro, maybe this is the reason?
It does not work on the new firmware?

Yes I have that mod and it is not that. Mod shows as active when checking un Transmission tab. Can't say too much openly about it.
2022-6-19
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

i got a helicopter warning from airsense .everything works.

I'm more concerned about the temperature of the batteries when flying. it's not so hot here, only 25 degrees, light wind, but the battery heats up to 47 degrees,  can consider it old because it has more than 60 charge cycles.
But  i also used a new battery with 1 charge, and it also warmed up to 45 degrees.
what will happen if it is +30?
on 2 pro, lost 5 batteries in 3 years due to overheating.(

I would not want this on m3...
2022-6-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Oldschool Posted at 6-19 22:00
i got a helicopter warning from airsense .everything works.

I'm more concerned about the temperature of the batteries when flying. it's not so hot here, only 25 degrees, light wind, but the battery heats up to 47 degrees,  can consider it old because it has more than 60 charge cycles.

That's odd because those batteries if properly maintained can be good at more than 200 charge cycles. I don't get any notifications from Airsense at all. Turned it off back on, set the map etc but get nothing.
2022-6-20
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

RC pro or standart?
2022-6-20
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

about my batteries, I think this is because during the flight, I make a lot of 360 panoramas, sometimes for 10 per flight. if the sun, there is no wind, the drone hangs motionless for a long time, heats up ... flight specifics.
2022-6-20
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

here is a screenshot, airsense works.. remote control standard , screen samsung note 10 plus. Vladivostok.

in easy translation from russian - "there is an aircraft nearby. be careful"
Screenshot_2022-06-20-19-46-09-071_dji.go.v5.png
2022-6-20
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

it's a shame that the new rc pro is so cranky... I tried to order it several times, but reading this about RC pro, every time I understand that it’s good that I didn’t buy it. there are also a lot of complaints about the younger brother RC that the range with him is less ... some kind of nonsense, it should be better, but on the contrary .
2022-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Oldschool Posted at 6-20 01:52
here is a screenshot, airsense works.. remote control standard , screen samsung note 10 plus. Vladivostok.

in easy translation from russian - "there is an aircraft nearby. be careful"

Thanks for that. It seems that some drones work for Airsense and some don't just like when there was the GPS issues. Given that the ADSB receiver and GPS is on the same board this might the issues that some including myself are having.
2022-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Oldschool Posted at 6-20 03:20
it's a shame that the new rc pro is so cranky... I tried to order it several times, but reading this about RC pro, every time I understand that it’s good that I didn’t buy it. there are also a lot of complaints about the younger brother RC that the range with him is less ... some kind of nonsense, it should be better, but on the contrary .

RC Pro feels nice and solid when holding it compared to the other Remotes. Dji just needs to get these little things right as they charge a premium price for it. With the Mini 3 Pro I actually am now getting 2km more distance compared to the Mavic 3 and the Mini is in CE and Mavic 3 is in FCC so
2022-6-20
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 6-20 11:11
RC Pro feels nice and solid when holding it compared to the other Remotes. Dji just needs to get these little things right as they charge a premium price for it. With the Mini 3 Pro I actually am now getting 2km more distance compared to the Mavic 3 and the Mini is in CE and Mavic 3 is in FCC so

With the Mini 3 Pro I actually am now getting 2km more distance compared to the Mavic 3 and the Mini is in CE and Mavic 3 is in FCC
Then something must be very wrong with your Mavic3/ RC Pro. But you've given DJI until September to deliver as advertised, and apart from this new found  range problem there's also no sign of your ADSB getting fixed, nor your 4G cellular dongle getting enabled,  so quite likely you'll get your refund soon.
2022-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 6-20 11:11

If the RC was working before the last update, then its nothing to do with the RC Pro. If you hacked to FCC then updated FW could this have been a problem, I also wonder how warranty works with hacking.
2022-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 6-20 12:26
With the Mini 3 Pro I actually am now getting 2km more distance compared to the Mavic 3 and the Mini is in CE and Mavic 3 is in FCC
Then something must be very wrong with your Mavic3/ RC Pro. But you've given DJI until September to deliver as advertised, and apart from this new found  range problem there's also no sign of your ADSB getting fixed, nor your 4G cellular dongle getting enabled,  so quite likely you'll get your refund soon.

Days are getting closer to the dooms day clock for the Mavic 3. Many says it is perfect but is it really? Some may say there are no issues but accept no 4G dongle that was advertised, the jerky movement of OA, the lack of Airsense and GPS although much better is not what advertised which said it will be better than any other Dji drone made so far, 50 to 60 seconds is not much better but we accept it compared to the 11 minutes we used to get.
2022-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 6-20 12:54
If the RC was working before the last update, then its nothing to do with the RC Pro. If you hacked to FCC then updated FW could this have been a problem, I also wonder how warranty works with hacking.

The hack worked properly before the update to 0800 and even in CE i could could nice and far LOS but now my Mini 3 Pro in CE actually goes to 6km but my Mavic 3 dies at 3.5km flying the same route. Also the hack does not void warranty as it can be removed easily.
2022-6-20
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-20 13:06
The hack worked properly before the update to 0800 and even in CE i could could nice and far LOS but now my Mini 3 Pro in CE actually goes to 6km but my Mavic 3 dies at 3.5km flying the same route. Also the hack does not void warranty as it can be removed easily.

I start to get a weaker signal when only 1725 feet out whereas I was able to reach over 3200 feet prior to the 0800 update traveling the same route. They'll figure this out.....eventually
2022-6-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Some feedback and my fix for this issues.

I downgraded my RC Pro back to 0700 then 0600 and this is where the signal bar now works as it should and my range has increased alot, getting at least 1.5km more as compared to 0800. I also downgraded the drone to 0700. The drone now flys nicely again with no issues. RC Pro has no more crashes like I was having on 0700 and 0800.
2022-6-26
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 6-26 11:19
Some feedback and my fix for this issues.

I downgraded my RC Pro back to 0700 then 0600 and this is where the signal bar now works as it should and my range has increased alot, getting at least 1.5km more as compared to 0800. I also downgraded the drone to 0700. The drone now flys nicely again with no issues. RC Pro has no more crashes like I was having on 0700 and 0800.

Also downgraded from 0700 to 0600 on my RC Pro but for a different reason. There's a compelling reason for me to stay on FLY 1.5.10 but unfortunately 1.6.4 is integrated to the 0700 firmware. Haven't upgraded the RC Pro to 0800 because apparently you can only go back to 0700 with the DJI Assistant desktop app. So how exactly did you go back from 0800 to 0600? By the way, I am not aware of any problems running 0600 on the RC Pro, and 0800 on the Mavic3, except not having the new features of course.
2022-6-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Monkey007 Posted at 6-26 13:57
Also downgraded from 0700 to 0600 on my RC Pro but for a different reason. There's a compelling reason for me to stay on FLY 1.5.10 but unfortunately 1.6.4 is integrated to the 0700 firmware. Haven't upgraded the RC Pro to 0800 because apparently you can only go back to 0700 with the DJI Assistant desktop app. So how exactly did you go back from 0800 to 0600? By the way, I am not aware of any problems running 0600 on the RC Pro, and 0800 on the Mavic3, except not having the new features of course.

I used Dronehacks app to go back to 0600. Just download the 0600 FW from dankdownloader
2022-6-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules