12Next >
38012 41 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Pilots are required to apply for unlock to fly in the Restricted Zone and Authorization Zone.
In Fly Safe Guide 1, we introduce you to how to apply for unlocking a Restricted Zone.
In this article, we will tell you how to unlock an Authorization Zone so you can fly in this zone. Let's see the details.

DJI provides you with 3 ways to apply for unlocking an Authorization Zone:

A: When you are in a blue Authorization Zone, you can follow the reminder in the DJI app and unlock the aircraft in this Authorization Zone instantly.
For detailed steps, please refer: Instant Authorization Zone Unlocking in DJI App.
Please note that you will need an internet connection when using the DJI app to unlock the Authorization Zone instantly.

B: You can use the Zone Unlocking feature on DJI official website: https://fly-safe.dji.com/ to apply for the unlock in advance.
Please refer to Zone Unlocking for Authorization Zone for the detailed process.
The default unlocking period for the Authorization Zone is 3 days by Zone Unlocking.

C: You can use the Custom Unlocking feature on DJI official website: https://fly-safe.dji.com/ to apply for the unlock in advance.
Please refer to Unlocking License Application for the detailed process.
The maximum unlocking period for the Authorization Zone is 1 year by Custom Unlocking feature.

Please note that after getting your application accepted by the B and C methods mentioned above, you will need to import the license to the aircraft via DJI app. The import method may vary from different apps, so we got you the detailed instructions below.
Note: please make sure that your device has network connectivity before following this step and import the license at any time before the license expires.

For DJI Fly app, please click here.
Note: For FPV drone, users need to connect the Goggles for the unlock, click here.

For DJI GO 4 app, please click here.h
For DJI GO app, please click here for iOS and here for Android.

For Pilot app, please click here.
For Pilot 2 app, please click here.
For GSRTK, please click here.

For DJI Agras app, please click here.                                                                        
For DJI MG app, please click here.

Please feel free to email flysafe@dji.com at any time if you encountered any trouble unlocking the Authorization Zone. Please rest assured that our unlocking team provides 24/7 customer service.

Hope this article is helpful. If you have any questions or would like to share any ideas on future articles, please feel free to leave a comment below!

2022-6-20
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great information Dji, had trouble with this before but now I think I know what to do.
2022-6-20
Use props
fansfdce2166
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78396 ft
China

Thank you, DJI, good job!
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_7QypWj3NzmfV
New

Pakistan

I hope that this will really help to others.
2022-6-21
Use props
azswift
First Officer
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

Thanks, this will be really useful.
2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_fkI7ty9R9rqa
lvl.1

Canada

bonjour et merci  le cotroleur de mouvement djifpv set il compatible avec mavic 3
2022-6-22
Use props
kenstruct
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309344 ft
United States

For people flying in the united states is this feature obtaining a LAANC from the FAA? I've found it confusing to have this new message pop up, especially when I have already obtained a LAANC through B4UFLY so I have given notice and received FAA authorized permission from where I'm about to fly. But the first time I see this the DJI app pops up and wants to do something different. It'd be nice if it asked if I already have a LAANC (these can be obtained days in advance) and I could enter it on the screen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that people who have researched the FAA regulations know that a LAANC is required in specific areas and the app saying "Instant Authorization" is not the same as what pilot training says you need. One could assume it is the same but when it comes to the law and federal agencies you might not want to just assume anything. Meanwhile I've tried flying in an area where B4UFLY showed no airport or other restricted area yet the DJI app gave a warning. Confusing.

Also, the DJI app often has red warning notices on the screen but you can not read all of the text in the small red box and trying to expand it to read the full message doesn't work either. I'm surprised this hasn't been corrected long ago. FYI my setup is iPhone 12 in tandem with the DJI C5 controller that comes with Mini 2.

Thanks
2022-6-25
Use props
Daniel980
New

Guatemala

Hello, I’m trying to unlock the blue zone but the verification code through sms never enters to my phone
2022-6-25
Use props
TanksEdge
New

Sweden

Hey guys I have a question. I bought a used DJI Phantom 2 drone and a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ controller. When I came home I couldn't get the drone to connect to the controller. Any answers? Can I change the frequenecy from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz?
2022-6-27
Use props
TanksEdge
New

Sweden

Daniel980 Posted at 6-25 21:50
Hello, I’m trying to unlock the blue zone but the verification code through sms never enters to my phone

Hey guys I have a question. I bought a used DJI Phantom 2 drone and a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ controller. When I came home I couldn't get the drone to connect to the controller. Any answers? Can I change the frequenecy from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz?
2022-6-27
Use props
djiuser_6aILez6jB1En
New

United States

Hello, I'm a Home inspector and use my drone for roof and chimney inspections only.
When using option "B" I sometimes get a request you haven't listed which is to upload documents. It doesn't seem to happen every time, just some times and it won't let me proceed with out uploading something. Why? Thanks!  (Mavic Air 2)

Second, why is this not posible to do from a smart phone. I sometime believe I am outside a zone restriction to only find out I am once onsite.

Lastly, adding a feature that maximazes my altitude and distance in a restricted zone but allows me to fly to complete my inspection would be GREAT! Even a 4 story home is less than 100 feet high and I don't ever fly the drone more than 150 feet away so... no danger to aircraft. Adding a check box that resets the altitude and distance settings to something considered safe and allowing the drone to fly for contractors like me would speed things up.

Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions / comments.

2022-6-27
Use props
kenstruct
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309344 ft
United States

I was just going through the steps for an area I'd like to fly in the future that's marked by DJI Fly but not the FAA, It goes pretty well although it asks for a pilot name, maybe the default should be the only pilot in the account if there is only one pilot.

Lastly it requires a file upload. We get a LAANC number but not necessarily a file, it's very fast but there is no option to paste the LAANC number only a file. Can this be changed to an option to paste text OR upload a file?

Thanks
2022-6-27
Use props
w3bf41con1
New

India

2022-6-30
Use props
djiuser_V7MzkFN104Tr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14797 ft
United States

How can I unlock an area with mini3 pro without internet connection on site. I have no hotspot on my phone to tether on the "pro" controller. I can unlock the zone on my phone and get it "approved" but i can't do anything with that approval if i have no internet connection to my controller. Is there a way to bypass this? I had no issue with my previous mini2 drone because my cellphone was part of the controller. But now it is an issue with my mini3 pro and no internet connection on site. Any help please
20220702_225758.jpg
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_q1e2mPR01tU7
New

United States

Good thing I can still return my drone.  Flying in the Cascade mountains and I can't even clear the tree lines with settings maxed out.  What a joke!  I will be going with a company that has no mandatory geo-fencing.  BYE DJI.  You and your dumb policing of me in the middle of NOWHERE is over!
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_q1e2mPR01tU7
New

United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-20 18:10
Great information Dji, had trouble with this before but now I think I know what to do.

You think you know, but wait until you want to try. . .
then you might return this otherwise decent product due to policing in the software!
I DID.  Now I can actually get the shots I want.  Geofencing in the mountains. . .please.  ..DJI is done!
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_q1e2mPR01tU7
New

United States

kenstruct Posted at 6-25 12:39
For people flying in the united states is this feature obtaining a LAANC from the FAA? I've found it confusing to have this new message pop up, especially when I have already obtained a LAANC through B4UFLY so I have given notice and received FAA authorized permission from where I'm about to fly. But the first time I see this the DJI app pops up and wants to do something different. It'd be nice if it asked if I already have a LAANC (these can be obtained days in advance) and I could enter it on the screen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that people who have researched the FAA regulations know that a LAANC is required in specific areas and the app saying "Instant Authorization" is not the same as what pilot training says you need. One could assume it is the same but when it comes to the law and federal agencies you might not want to just assume anything. Meanwhile I've tried flying in an area where B4UFLY showed no airport or other restricted area yet the DJI app gave a warning. Confusing.

The solution is to buy into a company that doesn't put cuffs on your flying.
In other words, wait until you are deep in the mountains and can't even clear the tree line without some unlock code.
What a joke! ! !
2022-7-5
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Fix the BUG that makes POI not functional in area unlocked with DJI certificate imported in drone.
2022-7-6
Use props
ckat007
First Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

Thank you
2022-7-8
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_V7MzkFN104Tr Posted at 7-2 23:12
How can I unlock an area with mini3 pro without internet connection on site. I have no hotspot on my phone to tether on the "pro" controller. I can unlock the zone on my phone and get it "approved" but i can't do anything with that approval if i have no internet connection to my controller. Is there a way to bypass this? I had no issue with my previous mini2 drone because my cellphone was part of the controller. But now it is an issue with my mini3 pro and no internet connection on site. Any help please

Just do the unlock via the website when you do have internet connection.  Then fire up your drone and the Fly (or Go 4) app and make sure your unlock license shows up.  Once its downloaded, you won't need an internet connection in order to fly once you are onsite.  The unlock license will have already been downloaded.
I personally never wait to do my unlocks when on site.  I always do them in advance to prevent any last minute issues.
2022-7-12
Use props
BFE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220180 ft
Canada

Today i tried the unlock upon takeoff and it would not send SMS me the code. then i tried on the website to upload docs for option c and it wouldn't upload. Nothing is working. This is costly. Ill try again later but please advise.
2022-7-15
Use props
djiuser_3BGT0Zb1jR4d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85197 ft
United States

Have not used my mini2 since getting the FPV in April. So now it want connect “aircraft to controller”.
Initially it did connect showed a firmware update I hit the update and for 30 minutes it never got past 40% so I powered everything down now won’t do anything I can’t get anything to link. So what do I do now never had any problem with it before I do have a new iPhone 13 Pro Max but I can’t see how that would affect anything with a mini2
2022-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i am using it, works fast enough
2022-7-19
Use props
djiuser_QHXWZ6dHklpi
lvl.1

Iraq

Hello . I have issue with dji agras t30   can not take off in iraq. Please any help ?
2022-7-21
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_jFUFavSnXk16
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112379 ft
United Kingdom

I have imported Aircraft unlocking license and Account unlocking in my DJI fly. It was successful unlock for authorisation zone. After few hours I start my DJI and I forgot to Import Account Unlocking license. Flight say Take off permitted even I was in authorisation restricted zone. Pls advice do I need to import account unlocking license every time when I fly on my specific authorisation zone. ??
2022-7-22
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621617 ft
South Korea

DJi. thank you!
2022-7-26
Use props
djiuser_QHXWZ6dHklpi
lvl.1

Germany

Hello dji. Please help me for my T30 not flying . After i unlocked my zone . I got accept but still showing this message that ( this aircraft not licinsed version in this region ) please any help .
I am from iraq.
I SENT MANY EMAIL TO  flysafe . Agricultural service but not one can reply me .
Screenshot_20220726-233313_Gallery.jpg
2022-7-26
Use props
historypaperwriter
lvl.1

Kenya

Great guide
2022-7-26
Use props
Art3mis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68543 ft
Canada

Easy to follow so if you are having trouble use this guide!!

GJDJI...lol say that 3x fast
2022-8-25
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Thank you for the effort of putting the guide together, it looks to me like it will help.  I printed the above post and the "DJI Fly app," section, to give a more detailed reading.  (printed best in LANDSCAPE)
2022-9-11
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

IF you could just take every suggestion, spend some years of your time incorporating them into the programs we and you are trying to use, I am sure that our Great Grand Children would be grateful
2022-9-11
Use props
djiuser_1oHTkuhPMheu
New
Australia

Today I returned a Dji mini es with two motors not working. New in box faulty. Got a replacement and same problem.  Wtf I live a hour out of town now having to returned the product again.. all thanks to faulty motors. What's the point in buying these drones when I spent $40 + in gas to returned a defective product.
2022-9-17
Use props
D.S.D.
New

Bulgaria

Hi i have a problem, when i start my mini 3 pro drone with RC screen remote its starts in CE mode straight away, the range is sooo low 150-300 m max, some help please thank you.
2022-11-15
Use props
Artemisia.Voss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41929 ft
Germany

[img][/img]
2022-11-21
Use props
AndyAusmAquarium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165915 ft
Germany

Thanks for this information
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_JcXUXV2eomVz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229905 ft
Estonia

Hi everyone.
I hope you are doing well.

I have Mavic 3 and recently I got C1 certificate, I have question about capturing video in authorization zone (blue color). To get fly permission in this zone is it enough I unlock it through https://fly-safe.dji.com or I have to get local government permission?
I live in Estonia by the way.

Thank you so much in advance.
2023-1-8
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thanks for the info
2023-2-9
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

Thanks for this info DJI team! Very useful especially for a newbie like me planning to take my mini 2 1st time on a vacation next month! thanks a lot!
2023-6-19
Use props
ChemiKal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4869 ft

Germany

Great Information!!
2023-8-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now