DJI_0311.JPG
2022-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice new addition.    That was super fast from order to arrival.  Hopefully, you can get it charged up, FW updated and get in a flight today....weather permitting of course.

2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Blériot53. Congratulations on your new DJI Mini 3 Pro and thank you for posting this cool photo of your new DJI Drone. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying. .
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 03:57
Hello there Blériot53. Congratulations on your new DJI Mini 3 Pro and thank you for posting this cool photo of your new DJI Drone. Again, thank you for your support and keep on flying.  .

Thanks DJI Stephen. I've just unpacked the items, and both the RC and the drone are currently on charge
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-21 03:52
Very nice new addition.    That was super fast from order to arrival.  Hopefully, you can get it charged up, FW updated and get in a flight today....weather permitting of course.

Charging now  - then the updates. An unknown qauntity as to how long that will take.
2022-6-21
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 04:27
Charging now  - then the updates. An unknown qauntity as to how long that will take.

I received mine last week, charged the batteries and the firmware process was smooth no over heating though the battery was Hot ---- so far so good
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 6-21 04:30
I received mine last week, charged the batteries and the firmware process was smooth no over heating though the battery was Hot ---- so far so good

Hoping to be set up and ready by this evening ( currently 13h30 local time)
2022-6-21
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 04:32
Hoping to be set up and ready by this evening ( currently 13h30 local time)

You should be fine as long as it does not get to hot
2022-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 04:27

My standard battery took 64  minutes using the hub.  The plus batteries took 104 minutes using the hub.  I didn't try charging in the drone as I had the hub already with the FMK.  Each battery came with about 25% charge.
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 6-21 06:26
You should be fine as long as it does not get to hot

Everything went like clockwork. From unboxing to full charge on the RC and drone took about 75 minutes.
I let things cool for a while (though no heat detected) and then began the registration process and firmware update. The whole process took less than 30 minutes, and although the drone did get warm (not hot) wafting cool air through it with a manual fan did the job just great.  Ready to Rock,n,Roll
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 07:19
Everything went like clockwork. From unboxing to full charge on the RC and drone took about 75 minutes.
I let things cool for a while (though no heat detected) and then began the registration process and firmware update. The whole process took less than 30 minutes, and although the drone did get warm (not hot) wafting cool air through it with a manual fan did the job just great.  Ready to Rock,n,Roll

So you had a hand fan in the house...... That is interesting
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 07:26
So you had a hand fan in the house...... That is interesting

The wife's flash of inspiration
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 07:28
The wife's flash of inspiration

Are you sure it was hers
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 07:31
Are you sure it was hers

Quite sure, ducky
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why do both of those drones look jealous.     How are you finding the the new controller?
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:02
Why do both of those drones look jealous.     How are you finding the the new controller?

I foresee some sibling rivalry here. I like the new controller. Not as flimsy as you seemed to indicate in your first findings.
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 23:08
I foresee some sibling rivalry here. I like the new controller. Not as flimsy as you seemed to indicate in your first findings.

I think the controller thing is Im comparing it to the smart controller which is a very different beast.   One thing I did like with the new controller is how light it is,   I can go walkabout with the Mini3, controller and three batteries and really not notice it on my waist.  

Im using one of these now and loving it.

2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:15
I think the controller thing is Im comparing it to the smart controller which is a very different beast.   One thing I did like with the new controller is how light it is,   I can go walkabout with the Mini3, controller and three batteries and really not notice it on my waist.  

Looks efficient for hands-free carrying. I'm still minded to go for the hard case though.
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 23:23
Looks efficient for hands-free carrying. I'm still minded to go for the hard case though.

I have a hard case for Mavic 2 and its fine for in the car but on 15 mile treks its horrible even with the should strap fitted.
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:27
I have a hard case for Mavic 2 and its fine for in the car but on 15 mile treks its horrible even with the should strap fitted.

Food for thought.
2022-6-21
Use props
Hartmut_J
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47152 ft
Germany

Congratulations on your new Mini3! I have been waiting for mine for four weeks now and still no delivery date. I hope it will arrive before the november rain ...
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hartmut_J Posted at 6-21 23:31
Congratulations on your new Mini3! I have been waiting for mine for four weeks now and still no delivery date. I hope it will arrive before the november rain ...

Even DJI and UPS/DHL/TNT aren't THAT slow
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:15
I think the controller thing is Im comparing it to the smart controller which is a very different beast.   One thing I did like with the new controller is how light it is,   I can go walkabout with the Mini3, controller and three batteries and really not notice it on my waist.  

Have you got a link to that bag
2022-6-21
Use props
Hartmut_J
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47152 ft
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 23:48
Even DJI and UPS/DHL/TNT aren't THAT slow

Apparently there are major delays in the supply chain. I continue to exercise patience and keep watching and reading other pilots' videos and tipps.
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 23:57
Have you got a link to that bag

yes -  https://www.amazon.co.uk/BestFir ... amp;sr=8-6&th=1
2022-6-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 23:23

I'm with you on a hard case. Most of my photography is done by driving so I have a foam case (pelican style) and the drone, controller and batteries sit in there with the drones arms extended a) means super quick deployment  b) I'm not extending and closing arms all the time.

But for walking I also carry an SLR so just have a big Camera Back pack that carries it all (heavy!) and purchased one of those Skyreat propeller holders and just carry the drone folded.

Has been shipped! So should be here tomorrow or day after just in time for a big 6 day winter photo trip on the 30th.

Have ND Filters (including a 1000 ND), Propeller holder, Screen Protector, Lanyard and case arriving all just in time (hopefully!)  Lots to tryout in a short time frame before I go.

Very exciting getting a new drone, Mini 1 starting to get a bit worried looking...
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hartmut_J Posted at 6-22 00:44
Apparently there are major delays in the supply chain. I continue to exercise patience and keep watching and reading other pilots' videos and tipps.

That's what I did
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 6-22 03:51
I'm with you on a hard case. Most of my photography is done by driving so I have a foam case (pelican style) and the drone, controller and batteries sit in there with the drones arms extended a) means super quick deployment  b) I'm not extending and closing arms all the time.

But for walking I also carry an SLR so just have a big Camera Back pack that carries it all (heavy!) and purchased one of those Skyreat propeller holders and just carry the drone folded.

I have the Solid case for the Mini One - and that fits nicely into my daysack for walking, leaving hands free.
Quick deployment is not possible however.  Same with the Mavic2Zoom - that's in a LowePro camera bag. Quite snug, but care is needed with the props when deploying - they tend to snag when being removed from the bag.  That's a tight squeeze in the daysack, and with both drones and everything else in it, it starts to become a workout to cart it around the hills
Sibling rivalry between the Mini One and the Mini3 is already showing signs of developing
Good luck with the delivery of yours before your expedition.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 6-22 06:17
I have the Solid case for the Mini One - and that fits nicely into my daysack for walking, leaving hands free.
Quick deployment is not possible however.  Same with the Mavic2Zoom - that's in a LowePro camera bag. Quite snug, but care is needed with the props when deploying - they tend to snag when being removed from the bag.  That's a tight squeeze in the daysack, and with both drones and everything else in it, it starts to become a workout to cart it around the hills
Sibling rivalry between the Mini One and the Mini3 is already showing signs of developing

Yes I can see the Mini 1 trying to show up its sibling by being able to go further but I'm not so sure... Will test my parenting skills

Thanks... actually getting quite excited.  I see many on the forums have quite a few drones, you have three now! How do you keep all the batteries healthy and if one out performs all the others do you still fly the others? I fear the Mini 1 may be destined for an online auction... shhhh  
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 6-22 12:09
Yes I can see the Mini 1 trying to show up its sibling by being able to go further but I'm not so sure... Will test my parenting skills

Thanks... actually getting quite excited.  I see many on the forums have quite a few drones, you have three now! How do you keep all the batteries healthy and if one out performs all the others do you still fly the others? I fear the Mini 1 may be destined for an online auction... shhhh

It's OK it's long past their bedtime - they can't hear you
Yes, three drones in the hangar now. And I have to review my needs.
Even after 24 hours, it has quickly become apparent that the Mini3 is in a different league to the Mini 1.
And yet I've had some really pleasing results from the Mini 1 these past 2 years.
I got the Mavic 2 Zoom specifically for the Zoom function - which was a boon.
And now the Mini3 has a Zoom function - well. Is it REALLY necessary to keep the M2Z.
I'm not ready to part with any of them yet - but the Mini3 might turn out to be the Cuckoo in the nest that ousts the incumbents.  Perish the thought
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 04:26
Thanks DJI Stephen. I've just unpacked the items, and both the RC and the drone are currently on charge

Hi there Blériot53. You are very much welcome and thank you for this information. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-23 01:55
Hi there Blériot53. You are very much welcome and thank you for this information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

2022-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh yes, congrats!
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain