Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is DJI going to atleast acknowledge the signal issues???
123Next >
6222 108 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717218 ft
Canada

Is DJI going to atleast acknowledge the signal issues on the Mini 3 Pro???

I'm in Canada (FCC) and got mine a week or so ago and have flown it every day since then basically, and the signal is just so inconsistent and unreliable

Constant signal drops unless you're literally 100m away with DIRECT line of sight to the drone (before you bring up VLOS, Canada does not have VLOS laws on mini drones).

I got so fed up that I decided to buy a Mini 2 from Costco just to test it and see if that had any better signal and oh my god, the Mini 2 can hold a 5 bar signal at up to 2000m away, and beyond that still hold a 4 bar signal. It's just so much more reliable and consistent. It can go places that I can not even get close to with the Mini 3.

Just today I was at a lake and was parked in a nearby school parking lot. The Mini 2 was able to go over to the lake 500-700m away and even get as low as 20-25m in altitude at that distance and still hold enough signal for me to take pictures. But the Mini 3 had constant 2 or less bar signal at that distance, and I could not get any lower than 50-55m without completely losing signal and RTHing.

Even though the Mini 3 takes better pictures than the Mini 2, the Mini 2 pictures came out better because I could maneuver to have better composition and framing and get closer. Dissapointing.

I thought Occusync 3.0 was supposed to be better than 2.0 so clearly there's something wrong with the Mini 3 Pro

But the worst part is that DJI is not even acknowledging this isssue. I've spoken to support multiple times over the past two weeks and every time they say they are not aware of any signal issues with the Mini 3 Pro.

So tell me then DJI, should I just return this drone since it seems to be working as intended in your eyes?

2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This has been discussed so much on here of course they know. Some have issues others don’t I suspect there is a faulty batch and they are trying to decide what to do about it.

The range distances you are getting point to a hardware issue/somthing faulty in the controller or drone. Have you tried your mini 2 n1 controller with the mini 3
2022-6-21
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 22:06
This has been discussed so much on here of course they know. Some have issues others don’t I suspect there is a faulty batch and they are trying to decide what to do about it.

The range distances you are getting point to a hardware issue/somthing faulty in the controller or drone. Have you tried your mini 2 n1 controller with the mini 3

I have not, will try that tomorrow.

I suspect it won't make a difference though as a bunch of youtubers have already shown that to be the case.

It's just mind blowing that the Mini 2 for half the price is so much better in this regard.

They need to atleast make a statement that they are looking into it, because I don't want to be stuck with this $1300 (CAD) toy when my return policy ends.
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive been flying my Mini2 back to back with the Mini3 now for 250miles and the range is almost identical between them,   in some flights the mini3 has actually better,  the video feed is noticeably smoother on the Mini3 too.
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please export the logs of both the remote controller and aircraft?
We would send it to our engineers for further analysis.
Please also tell us the information below:
1) The date and time for the connection issue.
2)Choose multiple logs in which contain the connection issue.
Please compress them and upload them to Google Drive or Dropbox. We will send you instructions on how to export logs.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-22 01:26
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please export the logs of both the remote controller and aircraft?

That is not what was meant and you know it
2022-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I find it very strange that those suffering bad signal would go out buy another drone to simply prove there is something wrong with their drone. Ocysync signal O3 is an improvement on O2 and most people have said this, Ocysync is the signal for your video transmission .

Because most people are not having issues with signal I would recommend instead of buying more drones that you return your drone under warranty and tell dji you want one that is working like most people have. You’re waiting for a fix to radio transmission that has never happened before that I remember.
2022-6-22
Use props
Skyzlmt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2191946 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 02:15
That is not what was meant and you know it

genuinely curious... I dont understand your comment of "that is not what was meant and you know it"

Person complains about an issue.
A company rep responds, shows interest, and asks for logs so an engineer can review..

I was amazed to see that.  Have you ever been on other vendor forums?  No one from the companys jump in.

So what more are you expecting? What did the DJI rep do wrong?   Genuinely confused
2022-6-22
Use props
nosnoop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Even though you are in Canada, double check that you are in FCC mode.
Occasionally, my Mini 3 would stay in CE mode until I restart the drone.

I am really having no issues with range while flying in GTA.
2022-6-22
Use props
Cauffy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

DJI will never openly admit there's a problem, what they will be doing is analysing data from the software/hardware perspective and see if there are any issues they find and then make change through updates...
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-22 01:26

If you're going to need me to do half your work for you then atleast  give me instructions on how to do it
2022-6-22
Use props
TheBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22449282 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your experience matches mine, its more of a problem with consistency of signal.  Difference being I already have a Mini 2, and also still have my Mini 1.

I think there may also be a firmware problem for FCC models, as there are some tips online about preventing the drone getting a GPS lock too early to stop it getting CE transmission spec.

I suspect the poor positioning of the antenna is probably at the root of the problem, due to the Mini 3 not having any landing legs.  Thats not going to be good for diversity, in the same way a Mini 2 cannot retain the same signal as bigger Occustnc 2.0 drones like the Mavic 2 or Air 2.
2022-6-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you are in an urban area and there's a guy in his basement playing call of duty, it's just interference. /s
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

TheBoy Posted at 6-22 06:12
Your experience matches mine, its more of a problem with consistency of signal.  Difference being I already have a Mini 2, and also still have my Mini 1.

I think there may also be a firmware problem for FCC models, as there are some tips online about preventing the drone getting a GPS lock too early to stop it getting CE transmission spec.

Seriously it's embarrassing how much better of a signal the Mini 2 gets compared to this $1000 drone

They should be all over this with official statements and hotfixes but nothing, they don't even acknowledge that there is a problem.
2022-6-22
Use props
chillibadger
First Officer
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 06:24
Seriously it's embarrassing how much better of a signal the Mini 2 gets compared to this $1000 drone

They should be all over this with official statements and hotfixes but nothing, they don't even acknowledge that there is a problem.

So just like the mavic 3 gps issues.  Pushing products to market and then fixing issues in an agile way like programming it seems rather than have a final tested product.  The only issue with the approach is if it can’t be fixed via firmware
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

chillibadger Posted at 6-22 08:16
So just like the mavic 3 gps issues.  Pushing products to market and then fixing issues in an agile way like programming it seems rather than have a final tested product.  The only issue with the approach is if it can’t be fixed via firmware

And in that case, you'd be stuck with a defective product, dishonestly advertised and out of $1000
2022-6-22
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12625 ft
Canada

Try this. Something is wrong with drones in Canada where we're stuck in CE mode
2022-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 08:24
And in that case, you'd be stuck with a defective product, dishonestly advertised and out of $1000

You won’t be stuck with anything if you return it. Or at least send your flight logs .
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

Xtropy Posted at 6-22 09:06

Yeah Ive seen that but the fix no longer works. DJI patched out the fix to make sure the problem still occurs.
2022-6-22
Use props
fans41164975
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17510 ft
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 09:52
Yeah Ive seen that but the fix no longer works. DJI patched out the fix to make sure the problem still occurs.

You have to slow down Satellite acquisition.. Just but your controller over de drone when power up.. you should stay in FCC mode
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

fans41164975 Posted at 6-22 10:51
You have to slow down Satellite acquisition.. Just but your controller over de drone when power up.. you should stay in FCC mode

Ive tried it, doesnt work
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Skyzlmt Posted at 6-22 03:55
genuinely curious... I dont understand your comment of "that is not what was meant and you know it"

Person complains about an issue.

When you have been on here a while you will learn that the Admin do very little other than post pointless standard text
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 6-22 09:06

Huge parts of the world use CE mode all the time you speak as if it is impossible to have good signal with CE mode
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

Can we get any sort of update or communication from DJI??? It's like talking to a brick wall
2022-6-22
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

What signal issues? My drone works as expected.
2022-6-22
Use props
nosnoop
Second Officer
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 12:26
Can we get any sort of update or communication from DJI??? It's like talking to a brick wall

The only way to get DJI support is to contact DJI support.
This is a community forum, you will get no answers here.
2022-6-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

nosnoop Posted at 6-22 13:44
The only way to get DJI support is to contact DJI support.
This is a community forum, you will get no answers here.

not only that, it's a public forum.  no reputable company should post such internal business on a public, community forum.  i challenge anyone to find another type of forum where the manufacturer regularly "admits" to problems before they find solutions or at least begin to address the issues.  imagine if autel could create an account here, and then ask dji if there is a problem with their o3 communications link and get the answer.  this forum is not a diary.
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

The Saint Posted at 6-22 14:11
not only that, it's a public forum.  no reputable company should post such internal business on a public, community forum.  i challenge anyone to find another type of forum where the manufacturer regularly "admits" to problems before they find solutions or at least begin to address the issues.  imagine if autel could create an account here, and then ask dji if there is a problem with their o3 communications link and get the answer.  this forum is not a diary.

Ok so why then does DJI not tell me when I contact them in private that they are aware some customers are experiencing issues with their range (well documented by now) and that they are looking into it?
2022-6-22
Use props
nosnoop
Second Officer
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 14:15
Ok so why then does DJI not tell me when I contact them in private that they are aware some customers are experiencing issues with their range (well documented by now) and that they are looking into it?

Not sure what you are looking for.
"Signal issues" probably involve an umbrella of potential causes which may or may not apply in your specific situation.  For example, the FCC/CE bug would not apply to any users in Europe.  And issues affecting CE mode would not apply to you.

So getting DJI to "admit" it would not help you to solve your problem.   You do your part by reporting to DJI support, and I am certain that their team would be working on it to resolve any issues they could find to improve the signal range.

Keep asking DJI to "admit" the issue in the community forum would not help either.   You can ask support directly if you want them to "acknowledge" this issue if it makes you feel any better.
2022-6-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 14:15

refer you to nosnoop reply.
2022-6-22
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

nosnoop Posted at 6-22 14:59
Not sure what you are looking for.
"Signal issues" probably involve an umbrella of potential causes which may or may not apply in your specific situation.  For example, the FCC/CE bug would not apply to any users in Europe.  And issues affecting CE mode would not apply to you.

The main thing I want is confirmation on whether firmware will fix this or not

If its a firmware fix then fine, but I don't want to be here in a month with DJI still completely ignoring the issue like it doesnt exist
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 12:26

Hi, there. Sorry for your misleading.  There are so many factors associated with transmission. As we mentioned above, would you please export the corresponding logs for us so that we can send them to our engineers to further analyze your issue?  Kindly note that we would treat the issue case by case. Also, we have replied to your PM. Please check.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 05:12
If you're going to need me to do half your work for you then atleast  give me instructions on how to do it

Hi, there. Sorry for any misleading. We have sent you an instruction through PM. Please copy the link and download the file.
2022-6-22
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I use DJI drones for 5+ years and never saw DJI admitting a problem
2022-6-22
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 11:16
Huge parts of the world use CE mode all the time you speak as if it is impossible to have good signal with CE mode

Are any of your posts helpful Bigblumbs? I am trying to help people, you just troll. Stay out of range conversations and keep your "opinions" to yourself unless you have anything helpful to offer.
2022-6-23
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-22 09:52

It still works, you're mistaken and there has been no patch (last firmware caused quicker satellite acquisition so you need to block the signal). On the second reboot, bring your drone into your house or car when you power it up and go out into the open area after 2-3 minutes.
2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 04:27
Are any of your posts helpful Bigblumbs? I am trying to help people, you just troll. Stay out of range conversations and keep your "opinions" to yourself unless you have anything helpful to offer.

Yes many and Nope I will post as I feel. Who made you Queen
It is simple you have either got a Dud or you dont know what you are doing either way those that are happy with their Drones can post as they see fit
2022-6-23
Use props
Skyzlmt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2191946 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 11:14
When you have been on here a while you will learn that the Admin do very little other than post pointless standard text

thanks. I get what you are saying... "lip service"  and correct, while I've had the acct here a while I dont follow along much.
2022-6-23
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.3
Canada

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 04:30
It still works, you're mistaken and there has been no patch (last firmware caused quicker satellite acquisition so you need to block the signal). On the second reboot, bring your drone into your house or car when you power it up and go out into the open area after 2-3 minutes.

How long do I keep the drone in the car on second boot? I tried it for 30 seconds or so and it still didnt work
2022-6-23
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.3
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-23 06:16
How long do I keep the drone in the car on second boot? I tried it for 30 seconds or so and it still didnt work

2-3 minutes and it only works after a second reboot. There is a full conversation about this issue and workaround here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776
2022-6-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules