Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Take-Off Weight
123Next >
4048 106 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Loving my new Mini3 Pro. Not quite 24 hours old yet. Luckily I went out for a maiden flight last evening - impatient to try it out, as we're fogged in this morning
I thought I'd introduce Mini One to his new brother Mini Three. So, one in each hand, I performed the introduction.
I had the feeling that they weren't the same weight. Changed hands - same sensation.
Out came the kitchen scales. Sure enough, Mini One weighs in at 249gm - but Mini Three is only 246gm.
I know we all tend to put on a little weight with age, but even so.......
Then it dawned on me.  The UK version of the Mini3 has the lower-performing (lighter) batteries.
I know, I know.  Should have had my second coffee before expecting the brain cells to function properly
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Blériot53. Good day and thank you for giving out these information about your new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Just a reminder that the standard weight of the DJI Drone ( including the DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery, propellers, and a microSD card ). Actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors. Registration is not required in some countries and regions. Check local rules and regulations before use. These specifications have been determined through tests conducted with the latest firmware. Firmware updates can enhance performance, so updating to the latest firmware is highly recommended. In addition with the DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, the DJI Drone will weigh more than 249 g ( about 290 g ). Please check and strictly abide by local laws and regulations before flying. Thank you.
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 22:18
Hello there Blériot53. Good day and thank you for giving out these information about your new DJI Mini 3 Pro. Just a reminder that the standard weight of the DJI Drone ( including the DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery, propellers, and a microSD card ). Actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors. Registration is not required in some countries and regions. Check local rules and regulations before use. These specifications have been determined through tests conducted with the latest firmware. Firmware updates can enhance performance, so updating to the latest firmware is highly recommended. In addition with the DJI Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, the DJI Drone will weigh more than 249 g ( about 290 g ). Please check and strictly abide by local laws and regulations before flying. Thank you.

No worries, DJI Stephen.  Both my Mini One AND my brand-new Mini Three are safely within the UK guidelines.  
My post this morning was  rather Tongue-in-Cheek (an attempt at humour)
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You trying to tell us that you can tell a 3 gram difference in your hand.
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 22:27
You trying to tell us that you can tell a 3 gram difference in your hand.

That bit is true. I even swapped hands to make sure. Then out came the scales. No kidding.
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yours seems a bit too heavy.  1 gram too much.  

2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 22:43

[view_image]

I've got middle-age spread. That may account for the extra gram
Still 4gm margin of safey though.
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-21 22:48
I've got middle-age spread. That may account for the extra gram
Still 4gm margin of safey though.

Does anyone actually care. The day I see plod bring out a scale will be an interesting day indeed
2022-6-21
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 22:43

[view_image]

maybe his sd card is bigger
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andre vd Weide Posted at 6-21 22:50

Or perhaps his batteries are fully charged
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 22:50
Does anyone actually care. The day I see plod bring out a scale will be an interesting day indeed

Don't take it seriously - I only mentioned it for a laugh
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some say darker photos are heavier.  
2022-6-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 22:50

The day you have an accident is the day they will check.   No one cares if you drive a modified car until you have an accident and then it becomes the issue.
2022-6-21
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:05

i take a lot of 360 pano i better check mine to
2022-6-21
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to know your new baby is safe and at home and enjoy!
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-21 23:14
Glad to know your new baby is safe and at home and enjoy!

Thanks Fred.  
2022-6-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:06
The day you have an accident is the day they will check.   No one cares if you drive a modified car until you have an accident and then it becomes the issue.

The day you have an accident is the day they will check.
You really are kidding yourself.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-22 00:16

The UK are stickler for such things, especially courts and insurance. With this new sub 250g,if there is a collison and damage or injury caused and the police involved at the time, they will record all pertinent information, now, whether or not they will weigh them is another matter but the will describe what they see at least, so if there is an obvious addition to the drone, this will be recorded. It will then be down to the CPS to make the relevant enquiries and they may put 2 and 2 together, there's no precident yet so who knows for sure...
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-22 00:23
The UK are stickler for such things, especially courts and insurance. With this new sub 250g,if there is a collison and damage or injury caused and the police involved at the time, they will record all pertinent information, now, whether or not they will weigh them is another matter but the will describe what they see at least, so if there is an obvious addition to the drone, this will be recorded. It will then be down to the CPS to make the relevant enquiries and they may put 2 and 2 together, there's no precident yet so who knows for sure...

Yeah right. You live in a very strange world. I wonder do you do civilian speed checks or are a member or Neighbourhood watch
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 00:46
Yeah right. You live in a very strange world. I wonder do you do civilian speed checks or are a member or Neighbourhood watch

You cause an accident where someone gets hurt and then you'll see how indepth it will get, you just try to counter everything I say on here, yet not once have you proved me wrong, its actually the other way round, so you stick to your version of reality, you only make ya self look a fool anyway.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-22 01:32
You cause an accident where someone gets hurt and then you'll see how indepth it will get, you just try to counter everything I say on here, yet not once have you proved me wrong, its actually the other way round, so you stick to your version of reality, you only make ya self look a fool anyway.

You keep convincing yourself you are right.

Perhaps you would like to weigh your Mini 3 Pro to compare with others
2022-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-22 00:23

If you were to fly in a way that caused injury, a few grams either side of 250g isn't going to make any difference to the outcome for the flyer responsible.
I can't see the judge saying ... Mr Bashy, your flying was reckless, but as your drone has a total weight of 249 grams, you get off without punishment.

2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-22 02:26
If you were to fly in a way that caused injury, a few grams either side of 250g isn't going to make any difference to the outcome for the flyer responsible.
I can't see the judge saying ... Mr Bashy, your flying was reckless, but as your drone has a total weight of 249 grams, you get off without punishment.

Well, actually, article 241 states that you must not recklessly endanger people or property, (paraphrased), if you fly within the law with the stated drone weight, by mitigating as much danger as possible and that you are abiding to article 241, the judge will take that into consideration. If you are over weight then your are flying recklessly and the judge will take that into consideration. If you was flying within the law then the CPS may not even take it to court as it will not be in the publics interest.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 02:24
You keep convincing yourself you are right.

Perhaps you would like to weigh your Mini 3 Pro to compare with others

You sir, are a prize village....
2022-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 6-22 02:38
Well, actually, article 241 states that you must not recklessly endanger people or property, (paraphrased), if you fly within the law with the stated drone weight, by mitigating as much danger as possible and that you are abiding to article 241, the judge will take that into consideration. If you are over weight then your are flying recklessly and the judge will take that into consideration. If you was flying within the law then the CPS may not even take it to court as it will not be in the publics interest.

Many forms of transport have tolerances built into their laws, I think if you are in an accident and your drone is 5% over weight , it will not be a factor in your accident.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 02:43
Many forms of transport have tolerances built into their laws, I think if you are in an accident and your drone is 5% over weight , it will not be a factor in your accident.

If your flying at 5% over weight then youre breaking the law, I very much doubt that it will be in your favour, like I said, everything is down to article 241,flying over weight contravenes article 241. It would be classed as a reckless flight. We as drone pilots mus mitigate as much risk as possible. Adding extra weight is fine fine if your not flying in the sub 250 class, if you then you pay the price if it comes down to it.
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-22 00:16

Nope,   usually when there is an incident here the police then open an investigation,   its how UK laws work.
2022-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-22 02:38

If you are over weight then your are flying recklessly and the judge will take that into consideration.
Flying a mini that's a few grams over 250 grams = flying recklessly ??!!
That's laughable A-grade weight-weenie nonsense.
If you are flying recklessly, the weight of your drone is irrelevant.

If you was flying within the law then the CPS may not even take it to court as it will not be in the publics interest.

If you are flying within the law, why would the CPS want to take you to court ??

2022-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 6-22 03:12
If your flying at 5% over weight then youre breaking the law, I very much doubt that it will be in your favour, like I said, everything is down to article 241,flying over weight contravenes article 241. It would be classed as a reckless flight. We as drone pilots mus mitigate as much risk as possible. Adding extra weight is fine fine if your not flying in the sub 250 class, if you then you pay the price if it comes down to it.

There are un- written tolerances taken into account for many different forms of transport and you’ll find the same will apply to weights and measures and also drones, having attended many meetings and seminars leading up to new set of rules set down by EASA, tolerance for weights came up many times and although manufacturers must strictly abide by the guidance of weights, this does not mean that the law will apply a strict no tolerance when accidents are caused through no cause of craft being over the permitted weight. Common sense is probably the most important rule when judging whether an accident is caused by a drone being 5 grams over weight or as an accident nothing to do with a craft being 5 grams overweight. We never see anyone being charged with speeding if they are just 1 mile over the speed limit and why “Because common sense applies and this is how most rule makers create rules.

Judges police governments etc all use common sense in their daily lives and if they didn’t the world would be a very sad place.
2022-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Mini 3 Pro with the intelligent flight battery plus weighs 286gm.  The battery itself weights 120 gm.  Just wanted to give you a comparison with the plus battery.
2022-6-22
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111106 ft
India

Could there be a 3 grams fan to cool down the internals?
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-22 04:06
If you are over weight then your are flying recklessly and the judge will take that into consideration.
Flying a mini that's a few grams over 250 grams = flying recklessly ??!!
That's laughable A-grade weight-weenie nonsense.

The law is law, if youre speeding and injure someone, its the same thing, you would be done for reckless or dangerous driving, if you were at or under the speed limit and within the law then, you would not be to blame. Speeding changes all that. Same with a drone, once you go over that weight then you MUST fly within the next class, sub 500g, like it or not, abide by it or not, its your choice, i do not care, I'm just saying it as it is.

I said they wouldnt bother as it wouldnt be in the public interest, that's not to say that the injured party wont sue though.

It does not matter what anyone thinks, the law is there for reason, take your chances if you want, no skin off my back, having done my A2 CofC I have learnt and understand more of the risks involved.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 03:24
Nope,   usually when there is an incident here the police then open an investigation,   its how UK laws work.

Agreed, 100%, its just the way it is here, if you're flying over weight and there is no incident then you will most likely get away with it, cause an incident and then there will be an investigation, perhaps with the CAA as well as your suppose to file an incident if there is injury to 3rd party or damage to property with the UK Mandatory Occurrence Reporting, as per CAP 382.

Many do not know any of this, its all in the ANO but cause the hobbyist just get given the drone code to abide to and they think that's all there is, but its not, there's a lot more involved but we do not get told this, like i said, there's the ANO and Cap 722 for UAV usage.
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iamsachin Posted at 6-22 04:33
Could there be a 3 grams fan to cool down the internals?

Mounting a fan to blow through the vents would likely obstruct the gimbal and lens.
2022-6-22
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22449282 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I reckon my Mini 3 weighs around 248g, meaning I can't get my strobe on and keep it to 250g.  My Mini 2 is 236g by comparison, and can carry 2 strobes.

Maybe I need to try another pair of scales, or chat up the nice lady down the post office, as I bet hers are regularly calibrated.
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheBoy Posted at 6-22 06:36
I reckon my Mini 3 weighs around 248g, meaning I can't get my strobe on and keep it to 250g.  My Mini 2 is 236g by comparison, and can carry 2 strobes.

Maybe I need to try another pair of scales, or chat up the nice lady down the post office, as I bet hers are regularly calibrated.

I used Mrs. B's electronic kitchen scales  (while she was out)  
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 04:30
My Mini 3 Pro with the intelligent flight battery plus weighs 286gm.  The battery itself weights 120 gm.  Just wanted to give you a comparison with the plus battery.

Yes, if those larger batteries were available in the UK (which they're not) it would lift the Mini3 into the next drone category. Which might defeat the object for some drone users.
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 22:51
Or perhaps his batteries are fully charged

Don't go round that loop again
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well it's 128Gb so that must weigh twice as much as a 64Gb, right?  
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-21 23:05

There's a certain logic to that - since lighter photos are......... lighter
2022-6-22
Use props